Please help identify this antique pool table
Old
  (#1)
MTBingNinja
AzB Bronze Member
MTBingNinja is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Please help identify this antique pool table - 08-22-2019, 10:17 AM

I really enjoy playing pool on my billiard table, the original nameplate is missing. Looking to find out the name brand of my pool table, I believe the table is from the late 1920s or early 1930's. The table is 9' long and the legs are 8"x8". I believe the leather in the pockets are made from kangaroo leather. I've done some extensive research and contacted a number of know billiard aficionados but no luck. With the attached pictures, would you be able to tell me the company/name-brand of the table?

Old
  (#2)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-22-2019, 02:39 PM

It looks a lot (but not quite) like the Brunswick Madison and Monroe models of that era and the frame construction also resembles what I remember my old Brunswick looked like. Maybe Brunswick had some other model and it's that or maybe it's a competitor to Brunswick. I believe many companies back then made shameless copies of one another. Are the rail spots round or diamond shaped?

Last edited by logical; 08-22-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Old
  (#3)
MTBingNinja
AzB Bronze Member

08-23-2019, 04:57 AM

The rail spots are round. It's definitely a Madison or Monroe model I think. I looked at a ton of Brunswicks in that era and some come very close but not a match. I think it's another brand.

Old
  (#4)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

08-27-2019, 07:07 PM

What's the end-rail plaque say?

Old
  (#5)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

08-27-2019, 07:11 PM

Not a Monroe. Here's a pic of one: https://www.billiardrestoration.com/...les/monroe.htm Don't think its a Madison either. Possibly a Schmidt. That metal badge, what's it say? Here's a Madison:https://www.billiardrestoration.com/...es/madison.htm They didn't have the double-line inlays like table pictured iirc. You might contact these guys in Kansas. They are great folks.

Last edited by garczar; 08-27-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Old
  (#6)
MTBingNinja
AzB Bronze Member

08-28-2019, 09:16 AM

When I received the table, the metal badge was missing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: