Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page The Cue Collection
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
bstroud
AzB Silver Member
bstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-19-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWing View Post
Denny, welcome to the forum.

One piece of your fabulous video shows Luther Lassiter's Balabushka. It would be nice if you could give us some nice pictures of it. Some very knowledgeable here have opined that Luther's main cue may have been a Bushka, but could have been a Tad, and if a gold coin is in that buttplate, could have been a Gina. It would be nice to see if it is what we are thinking about, or something different.

Glad you're here, and all the best,
WW
It was a Tad and had a gold piece in the rear of it.
I saw it several times.

Bill Stroud

Old
  (#17)
ShootingHank
AzB Silver Member
ShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 03:29 PM

That is truly a nice collection. Granted, you have to have the money but this collection isn't a collection that some rich guy can buy with his money like so many collectors we see. This collection is priceless and equivalent to the NFL hall of fame with worn jerseys or cleats. Quite impressive.

Old
  (#18)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-19-2019, 03:54 PM

Having had the opportunity to hear the vid...sounds like a solicitation for any interested parties to come together and bring useful considerations toward the goal of housing the collection in a venue that would be more public?

Presuming so and I regretfully opine...I don't see how it is possible, unless it is an intentional money pit. Online would have to be the only way to make it happen and I'd think layers of access would be needed to generate any kind of revenue that would permit long-term accessibility.

You won't find a bigger group of folks that share your passion than here at AZB. That can be both a blessing and a curse.

Old
  (#19)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-19-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingHank View Post
That is truly a nice collection. Granted, you have to have the money but this collection isn't a collection that some rich guy can buy with his money like so many collectors we see. This collection is priceless and equivalent to the NFL hall of fame with worn jerseys or cleats. Quite impressive.
Well said. Cash doesn't compile that; it takes blood, sweat, tears and years.

Old
  (#20)
WildWing
AzB Silver Member
WildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond reputeWildWing has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstroud View Post
It was a Tad and had a gold piece in the rear of it.
I saw it several times.

Bill Stroud
I don't disagree with you, Bill. I saw it up close in 1982 myself. However, many thought it was a Bushka. Some still do. Many thought that gold piece in the rear was a Gina. John Showman thought it was a Tad. Could be they didn't know it, but were talking about different cues.

As I said, it would be good to hear from Denny if he has this particular cue, and what it is.

All the best,
WW

Old
  (#21)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-19-2019, 04:46 PM

son of a *****; now I'm pushed down to 1577th most important collector here.

thanks, Denny...and welcome.

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Old
  (#22)
Rubik's Cube
Pool ball collector.
Rubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond reputeRubik's Cube has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 04:58 PM

Welcome to the forum, Mr Glenn.

Thank you so much for sharing the video, sir. It truly is a staggering collection. Simply wonderful.

Best wishes,

RC.

Old
  (#23)
63Kcode
AKA Larry Vigus
63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute63Kcode has a reputation beyond repute

09-19-2019, 07:10 PM

Welcome, please get Dean to take some pictures and post them in the gallery!

Thanks for the link to the video!

Larry

Not taking orders at this time, Thanks!

Welcome
Old
  (#24)
franko
AzB Silver Member
franko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up Welcome - 09-19-2019, 07:24 PM

Welcome aboard Mr Glenn I had the pleasure of being introduced to you many years ago.I was well aware of you having an extensive collection of Bushkas but never knew your collection was that extensive of all Billiards. Tables, Balls, pictures etc.
You and your family have really preserved the History of Pool in America.
Thank you for all the passion.

Old
  (#25)
Matt_24
AzB Silver Member
Matt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_24 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

09-20-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingHank View Post
I agree 100%. Nothing wrong with collecting cues for the artistry by any means -- but this is more impressive to me. True historical game-used provenance by our greatest champions. The "sports memorabilia" aspect of collecting is far more interesting to me than being an art collector. But, that's just my personal perspective.

Thank you, Mr. Glenn for sharing your family's amazing collection!

"I used to bet my own but it gave me ulcers." - John Schmidt, 2008

Old
  (#26)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-20-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyGlenn View Post
https://youtu.be/7bM3L1ZGiJA

Note: It's Denny Glenn!
I am new here to the forum. I have been asked to join for years, but I am sort of a dinosaur when it comes to 'posting' (and replying)...but I am finally on here.
Thanks for the welcome!
Hope you enjoy the video. Looking forward some good things for pool and billiards.
Denny...Thanks for sharing a look at some of your incredible collection. I also wish for a brick & mortar HOF where this could be permanently displayed.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#27)
raistlinsdragon
AzB Silver Member
raistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond reputeraistlinsdragon has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 09:42 AM

Awesome picture of Harold Worst cue, thanks so much for sharing.

The Cue Collection
Old
  (#28)
coastydad
AzB Silver Member
coastydad has a reputation beyond reputecoastydad has a reputation beyond reputecoastydad has a reputation beyond reputecoastydad has a reputation beyond reputecoastydad has a reputation beyond reputecoastydad has a reputation beyond reputecoastydad has a reputation beyond reputecoastydad has a reputation beyond reputecoastydad has a reputation beyond reputecoastydad has a reputation beyond reputecoastydad has a reputation beyond repute

The Cue Collection - 09-21-2019, 09:09 AM

Thanks Mr. Glenn! I had the pleasure of spending some time with Pete Glenn several years ago in Colorado Springs. Very nice man and still played a mean game of one pocket. Very interesting to talk to!

Old
  (#29)
DennyGlenn
AzB Bronze Member
DennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 09:35 AM

Well...for Luther Lassiter, I have 7 or 8 of Luther's cues, including his first cue as a teenage boy. His favorite cue was the Balabushka that I have with the linen wrap and wooden grip. His Martin cue which he had wrapped in leather (simulated alligator) TWICE which he carried in his Martin case, Billy Stroud gave to me in Austin, Texas 25-30 years ago. Luther Lassiter was his great friend and gave him the Martin case while Billy was still playing.

Old
  (#30)
DennyGlenn
AzB Bronze Member
DennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond reputeDennyGlenn has a reputation beyond repute

09-21-2019, 09:45 AM

Thank you all for your interest and all your support. We have to get our connections together to get this where it needs to go and where it can be properly displayed. I am working on an alphbetical inventory/list of the player's cues in this collection. It is taking me a while...50 plus years. Ha.
Who owned and played with these cues and the stories behind them is the most interesting part of it all.

For some people that are still with us and still playing, it reads like a script from "This is Your Life".
Notably, ...Marshall SQUIRREL Carpenter, Danny DiLiberto, Billy Incardona, Jimmy Mataya, Truman Hougue, Bucktooth Cook, Artie Boedendorfer, Danny Janes, Richard Black Bill Schick, Ernie Guitterez, Richard Helmstetter...and so many more.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: