Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page 2014 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!
Page 5 of 10 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#61)
DJKeys
AzB Gold Member
DJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond reputeDJKeys has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-29-2014, 03:20 PM

Ran a 33 today! First time I broke 30 this year.

-dj

Cues: Tascarella, Joey Bautista

Ordered: Hercek (2004), Searing (2008), Koo (2009)

Old
  (#62)
mjantti
Enjoying life
mjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 350

07-04-2014, 12:14 AM

Changed my grip and it's raining 50's, too bad don't have time to play
Ran 66 on 2nd July. No video.

Name: Mikko Jäntti
Nickname: Buddy
Cue: Tim Scruggs
Break: Mezz Kai

Old
  (#63)
center pocket
Got Heart?
center pocket has a reputation beyond reputecenter pocket has a reputation beyond reputecenter pocket has a reputation beyond reputecenter pocket has a reputation beyond reputecenter pocket has a reputation beyond reputecenter pocket has a reputation beyond reputecenter pocket has a reputation beyond reputecenter pocket has a reputation beyond reputecenter pocket has a reputation beyond reputecenter pocket has a reputation beyond reputecenter pocket has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

07-05-2014, 10:31 PM

Add me for a 64 today. Video is in the thread below

Last edited by center pocket; 07-06-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Old
  (#64)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-06-2014, 08:28 AM

I had a 59 yesterday in league. It was not perfect straight pool, and included the following break shots.

The one from the head spot was a favorite of Irving Crane's and requires you to get an accurate angle on the shot. As shown I was about four inches off -- it's better to have about a half-ball cut. I managed to hit the top two balls and come out to the center of the table which is how Irv used to play it. As long as you have good outside english the shot is nearly automatic.

For the other shot I managed to avoid my usual tendency of over-spinning the ball and missing the rack.
Name:  CropperCapture[77].png
Views: 230
Size:  15.8 KB

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#65)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

07-06-2014, 12:03 PM

Finally had some time to hit some balls today, after my hiatus. Wasn't able to put anything together of note but it was nice to get back on the table for a short while.

Nice shooting to everyone for puting up some real nice numbers, hopefully soon I'll have a number to add to the list !!!

-Steve

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136
2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

154 Ball Run
Old
  (#66)
DTL
SP 219
DTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond reputeDTL has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

154 Ball Run - 07-10-2014, 05:17 AM

Last edited by DTL; 03-14-2016 at 06:44 PM.

114 last night
Old
  (#67)
sfleinen
14.1 & One Pocket Addict
sfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 114 last night - 07-11-2014, 08:39 AM

Sorry, no video, but I put up a 114 last night, and to boot, it was an action match (a little sumpin'-sumpin' on it )! It was a 125-point game, and almost ran the match out from my opponent's break (which leaked out a ball into perfect break-ball position, and I had a "come with it" long-distance shot to start the run).

This time, instead of my usual boneheadedness in missing an easy shot to end the run, I played safe after pocketing the 114th ball, because I was in a bad position and wasn't about to take a flyer. A little safety battle ensued, my opponent and I tickying off of the rack in alternating fashion, until my opponent leaked a ball, allowing me to run the last 11 balls of the match.

Quite proud of this performance in the heat of real competition!
-Sean

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." -Isaac Asimov

"They haven't got brains, any of them, only grey fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake, and they don't think." -Eeyore, The House at Pooh Corner

Last edited by sfleinen; 07-11-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo

Old
  (#68)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

07-12-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfleinen View Post
Sorry, no video, but I put up a 114 last night, and to boot, it was an action match (a little sumpin'-sumpin' on it )! It was a 125-point game, and almost ran the match out from my opponent's break (which leaked out a ball into perfect break-ball position, and I had a "come with it" long-distance shot to start the run).

This time, instead of my usual boneheadedness in missing an easy shot to end the run, I played safe after pocketing the 114th ball, because I was in a bad position and wasn't about to take a flyer. A little safety battle ensued, my opponent and I tickying off of the rack in alternating fashion, until my opponent leaked a ball, allowing me to run the last 11 balls of the match.

-Sean
Nice Shooting Bro, and in competition no less !!! That trumps my high competitive run !!!

Keep up the great shooting, seems that things are clicking with you !!

-Steve

PETE TONKIN CUSTOM CUES

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136
2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#69)
14-1StraightMan
High Run 127
14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute14-1StraightMan has a reputation beyond repute

07-13-2014, 10:46 AM

Congrats to my good friend Sean. Way to go! Looking forward to your next trip to Dallas.

Old
  (#70)
Marop
14.1 - real pool
Marop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond reputeMarop has a reputation beyond repute

07-14-2014, 11:26 AM

Great run Sean, very impressive...

-Bill

Old
  (#71)
Tony_in_MD
You want some of this?
Tony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond reputeTony_in_MD has a reputation beyond repute

07-14-2014, 11:32 AM

Nice run Sean!

Tony Marcino - PBIA Instructor
Member of the SPF family of instructors
Background Verified
443-624-0912

"High quality fundamentals beats all of the high quality concepts and esoteric executions ever created." -- Bert Kinister

Old
  (#72)
dmgwalsh
Straight Pool Fanatic
dmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400

07-14-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:

-Sean
Congrats, Sean. Sounds like a good match. Wise decision to play it smart at 114.

Old
  (#73)
sfleinen
14.1 & One Pocket Addict
sfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond repute

07-15-2014, 05:23 AM

Hi folks! Thanks for the very kind words. Apologies for getting back to this thread late; some of you might've seen on Facebook that I spent most of the day yesterday with the wife in the emergency room, to treat an animal bite.

Back on topic, the 114 is my new "pressure" run -- i.e. run during actual match conditions, and not merely practice. Quite proud of it, and as Dennis mentions -- ending it with a safety, not my usual boneheaded way of ending a run on a miss.

Thanks again for the kind words, folks!
-Sean

P.S. to Steve: yup, not playing half bad at the moment. Many things in life to be thankful for. And to Mike, you bet -- as soon as I know I'll be in the Dallas area, I'll holler!

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." -Isaac Asimov

"They haven't got brains, any of them, only grey fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake, and they don't think." -Eeyore, The House at Pooh Corner

Last edited by sfleinen; 07-15-2014 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Conciseness

Old
  (#74)
mjantti
Enjoying life
mjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond reputemjantti has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 350

Thumbs up 07-18-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Hi folks! Thanks for the very kind words. Apologies for getting back to this thread late; some of you might've seen on Facebook that I spent most of the day yesterday with the wife in the emergency room, to treat an animal bite.

Back on topic, the 114 is my new "pressure" run -- i.e. run during actual match conditions, and not merely practice. Quite proud of it, and as Dennis mentions -- ending it with a safety, not my usual boneheaded way of ending a run on a miss.

Thanks again for the kind words, folks!
-Sean

P.S. to Steve: yup, not playing half bad at the moment. Many things in life to be thankful for. And to Mike, you bet -- as soon as I know I'll be in the Dallas area, I'll holler!
In match play, that run is huge. Hundreds of players are capable of running a century in their basement but not many can do it like that. Well done, very well done indeed!

Name: Mikko Jäntti
Nickname: Buddy
Cue: Tim Scruggs
Break: Mezz Kai

Old
  (#75)
st_michael
"BUTTER"
st_michael is a splendid one to beholdst_michael is a splendid one to beholdst_michael is a splendid one to beholdst_michael is a splendid one to beholdst_michael is a splendid one to beholdst_michael is a splendid one to beholdst_michael is a splendid one to behold

07-21-2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_michael View Post
Just started back up again and ran 30 balls last week... My goal is to break 100 this year... joining a 14.1 league next month to get me more involved with the game...

Revision! I just did 57 balls tonight on my home table... Slow cloth 8 foot Brunswick
I have a new HIGH run for my personal best... 80 Ball Run... I did an 18 run missed then continued to pocket 80 until I missed on my break shot... a bit too much of an angle... 100 balls is getting close... just around the corner...

Video Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2N...it?usp=sharing

"On the day of judgement, surely, we shall not be asked what we have read, but what we have done; not how well we have spoken, but how well we have lived."
Thomas a Kempis

http://www.facebook.com/stMichael1966

Last edited by st_michael; 07-22-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Page 5 of 10 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: