Do You Like - BIKES
Old
  (#1)
L I F D 1
L S S T 10
L I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond reputeL I F D 1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Arrow Do You Like - BIKES - 07-03-2019, 11:14 PM

Just Blowing Off Steam
Someone once said that in defense of my Motorsport Activities
the red one
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

07-04-2019, 08:19 AM

Yep big fan of motorcycles......for a long time. I bought a 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT last year and been riding it as much as possible. Itís a 850 triple. It is basically a sport bike with a comfortable upright riding position and hard bags.

The thing is the best bang for the buck there is. Great power, comfortable, great handling and braking. Mine comes with a slipper clutch, cruise control and a quick shifter. Once you use the CC and QS, itís like those should have been on bikes long ago.

It replaced my aging 94 Seca II. It has served me well, but was a bit dated.

I got a 04 R1 and a 89 FZR 400 as track bikes.

At one point, I had two 95 Ducati 900 Supersports......one I raced and one was for street. Man, thatís was some fun times........

The 850 triple reminds me of the 900ss motors on how power is delivered.

Iím putting on new chain and sprocket and tires in preparing for some long rides.

Going to the Hollister Rally this weekend......should be interesting.

There is only one saving grace about California.......the best motorcycle roads in the country. I live not to far from some of the best of them.

I preping to ride the passes of the Sierra Nevadas mountains, then some AZ, Utah stuff.

So, ya I ride a little........

Old
  (#3)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

07-04-2019, 08:21 AM

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#4)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

07-04-2019, 08:41 AM

I had a buddy that was big time into Harleys, so I learned to speak Harley......it is a language.......

There was a time that Applejacks Bar in La Honda Ca was a big hangout for all types of motorcycles and riders since being located on one of the best roads in the area.......84.

So one day, I was talking to a Harley rider using my knowledge of Harley speak. After a bit, he asked what I rode. I pointed to my 95 900ss and said......ĒA real twinĒ.

He grinned and said...........ĒWell, we are all brothers in the wind.Ē

Some good times at AJís.

Old
  (#5)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

07-04-2019, 08:49 AM

I like to check out bikes but not ride them. To many crazy people on the road and I already know what it feels like to hit the pavement at 30+ mph from my road bike racing days. Still have a few scars in fact. One of my buddies lost a nipple after sliding across the road on his chest. Damn thing looked like a pinto bean lying on the street along the curb line!!

Nice roads to ride on.
Old
  (#6)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Nice roads to ride on. - 07-04-2019, 12:37 PM

A man that was later a good friend of mine moved down from up north somewhere. He got unloaded and was ready to take a pleasant ride on his Harley dresser, his sole transportation, after a few days rest. He asked a nonbiker where a nice road was. "Greenwell Springs Road, nice shady lots of curves, you will like it."

Well the person forgot to mention a few little details. It was narrow with no shoulders and sharp little ditches. It was also lined with sand and gravel operations. The gravel trucks made little effort to stay on their side of the road meeting cars and none meeting bikes. There was enough sand in the air that the 25 mile ride was like being hit in the face with a sandblaster for that long and the road had enough gravel on the blacktop it was like riding on marbles end to end! Worst ride he had ever been on.

We did have some decent riding roads. River road on the west bank was pleasant and curvy. First time I saw Easy Rider I instantly recognized the section of river road they got hell scared out of them on, I had driven it dozens of times learning to drive. It was a nice ride on a bike without a ton of traffic due to a newer highway roughly paralleling it a few miles over. Probably best not to piss off the locals though.

Hu

Old
  (#7)
duckie
GregH

07-04-2019, 01:40 PM

Riding a motorcycle is one of those risk/rewards type of activity. Yes, there are rewards to riding a motorcycle.

Like being out in the middle of nowhere. Nothing but a nice curvey, flowing road, no traffic, beautiful scenery, and peace and quiet.

Like not be bound to how the traffic flows.....meaning, way easier to pass.

Like the smells you will not get in a car with the windows up.

The sense of being a part of where you are riding and not just driving through a area.

I enjoy riding through a town and getting a whif of the food being cooked.

And motorcycles are far more environmentally friendly than cars.

Yep, Iíve been down........for a lot of different reasons. And Iíve known friends that have gone down. What I have learned is the degree of injury is all in the luck of the fall.

I lost my spleen in a 10mph lowside. My elbow basically punched my spleen......and I was wearing a leather jacket.

I had my Harley buddy go down at 80mph on 5 while wearing a beanie helmet, t shirt, jeans and a leather vest and only get a small rash on one elbow. His knucklehead blew the rear cylinder, locking the rear......he said it was running the best it ever has right before the blow up.

There are 4 passes through the Sierras Nevadaís and they just opened. There is nothing like the experience of riding a motorcycle through those passes. You do not get the same feel, sense of the greatness, beauty of the mountains, valleys and meadows by driving through them.

And then there is meeting new riders wherever ya go.

Check out the cyclefish website to get a wider idea on what riding is also about.

And MSTA also......Motorcycle Sport Touring Association.

Riding can be a cleansing experience since you must be aware at all times. You cannot be else where in your mind while riding. You must forget the days issues, problems, or events and only pay attention to the now. Quite Zen like......

Old
  (#8)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

07-06-2019, 12:22 AM

I need to amend my answer....I would ride bikes off road all day long. Hope to own some land in the country some day and ATV's and Motorbikes would be a big part of the draw to doing it.

Old
  (#9)
asiasdad
Banned
asiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

07-06-2019, 01:59 AM

I had an obsession strong enough to last 30 years with motorcycles.
I was forced to give it up when I lost my balance in 2004 due to some
post cancer neurology condition I've yet to learn what it might be.

This is the last motorcycle I built with my own hands, yes, I have the scars
on my knuckles to prove it. I also machined several of the one off parts,
and helped a frame company in Canada design the frame and bend the
frame tubes. It is loosely based on an FXR rubber mount system only
redesigned to have the soul of the FLH platform (poor old FXR never
did get any respect back then)

This is a 97" motorcycle with stock stroke and 3 13/16ths bore. It
features Delkron cases, S&S flywheels polished with Carrillo rods,
Axtell iron barrels thermocoated JE pistons Zippers oil pump, (one
feed line, two return lines with handmade oil tank to deal with it)
Bob Woods 9B cam, STD raised port 4 flange heads highly modified
by Dan Baisley of Portland, OR including roller rockers, 2.010 intake
and 1.94 exhaust valves (stock HD intakes are 1.94). Even the S&S
G series carb has been seriously modified to handle the air flow.

In other words, there ain't no Harley in this motor.

We hand made the header pipes and put on a set of supertrapp
"beer cans" that were designed for ATV racing quads.

We pulled 121 rear wheel horsepower with 116 ft lbs of torque
out of this motorcycle. I could only ever get it to go to 134 mph
before the valves floated on me (ie: I ran out of cam)

This motorcycle was built with the best of the best in the industry
in 1995 and fortunately for me, several people in the parts design
business wanted to be a part of this build, so some really unique
one off parts are on this bike.

Yes, I once loved motorcycles, now they are a memory.

Name:  motorcycle.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  114.6 KB

as you can see, this motorcycle is no
motorhome trailer whore

Old
  (#10)
duckie
GregH

07-06-2019, 06:11 AM

Nice build.......bet it surprised a lot of riders, ...you know...Harleyís are suppose to be low and slow.

Iíve always been amazed at what some people can do. Seem you can give em a sawsall, welder and out comes a work of art.

I never rode in the dirt and too old to start. Kinda wish I had when younger. Seems it gives a feel for sliding around......something hard to safely experience on the street........I know.

Old
  (#11)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

07-06-2019, 09:15 AM

Never owned a Harley. Ridden a friend's Sportster 1200 a few years back and it honestly made me want a Harley just fro the sound and feel of that rumble.. My first bike was a POS Suzuki Titan 500CC 2 cycle twin back in 1973. It was big for a scrawny 18 yr old's training wheels and I had no issues riding it in Florida except for finding out real quick when you ride a semi heavy bike slowly in sand, as soon as you clutch, be prepared to come to an abrupt stop and it fall over on you... "You're in deep sand stupid!". That was my first fall so to speak. By the time I was 35 I had literally lived as a bike only guy a couple stints totaling about 6 yrs, 3 in Texas and 2+ yrs in Colorado. I commuted on my Honda V4 Sabre and older Yamaha XS-11 with a motorcycle only license. SR-22 for motorcycle only license was $125/yr and a car $2500/yr. Get the picture?

There is no experience like riding in the snow ruts of an 18 wheeler up I-25 in a blizzard at night. I'll save you the stories... but bottom line is.... when I have a bike..... I ride.... and ride in any weather 24x7. Harley?? Maybe after I get the Kawasaki Connie 14 or the 2014 Valkyrie bug out of my ass. I need a long range road gobbler..

============================
The Most Inspiring Speech: The Wisdom of a Third Grade Dropout Will Change Your Life
https://youtu.be/Bg_Q7KYWG1g

Old
  (#12)
duckie
GregH

07-06-2019, 11:32 AM

Well, hereís a good endorsement for a FJR.....

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/3...n-butt-winner/

Old
  (#13)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

07-06-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Looks like you've lost some weight Chopdoc.

I've owned several bikes. Pretty much all sport bikes. I had an 87' Yamaha Fazer. That was a cool looking bike but it wallowed in turns.

Had a Honda 125 2 stroke dirt bike. That was a lot of fun but they're dangerous too. I figured I was much more likely to break bones on the dirt bike but more likely to die on the street bike. Crashed the dirt bike almost every time I took it out it seemed. Raced against a couple friends pretty hard. Bumped my friend in the air after going over a jump, I landed fine, him, not so much.

So of all you bike owners, how many have out ran the police?

That's a rush. Nothing like pegging your bike top speed on a Saturday afternoon w the state boys getting smaller and smaller behind you.

I met a few guys I didn't know who were riding, so I tagged along. 3 on 900s, another guy on a 600 like me. Get on the freeway and kick it up to about 90-110. Come around a bend and there's the state trooper pointed at us parked in the median. All of us just nailed it and topped the bikes out. 900s are way in front, I'm in the fourth position. The guys on the 900s pass up an exit. I took that exit and so dis the other 600. Topped it out again for about a mile on the highway and pulled off on a side road. No cops anywhere to be seen.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#14)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

07-06-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post
Looks like you've lost some weight Chopdoc.
I am the same weight in that picture as I am currently.

Have been at that weight for about the last six years.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#15)
Sunchaser
Belgian Malinois
Sunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond repute

07-06-2019, 05:28 PM

My first ride was a 81 rm80. At 12 years old I thought that was the top of the world...sure felt like it then. I've had 5 others since all street bikes. Last one I bought was this 2001 zx7r. I felt like I was 12 or 13 again pegging this one too.😁
Attached Images

Page 1 of 6 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: