Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page The "why" of the success of CTE and the coaching of Stan Shuffett
Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
The "why" of the success of CTE and the coaching of Stan Shuffett
Old
  (#1)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

The "why" of the success of CTE and the coaching of Stan Shuffett - 08-30-2019, 08:32 PM

The current crop of pro players who have been instructed by Stan are certainly excited about the method and how it's bumped their games up. So are the amateurs who have used it for years, however most quit posting on here because they're sick of the ANTI-GANG.
Too bad many 'how to shoot better pool' books eventually fizzled, became dust gatherers on collector shelves, and didn't give people any long lasting excitement or satisfaction.. Those who bought into many of those books' principles and systems ended up not using them at all. Some of the authors didn't/don't even use the methods themselves.
It's certainly not because the concepts become so internalized that players "don't have to even think about it".
I read where one guru states there are 15-20 mathematical calculations for places to aim at the object ball......(I'd like to see the guru demonstrate that bit of nonsense)
Another guru indicates "it's all elementary, my dear Watson, just use my formulas and you'll be on easy street...most of the time I think"
There's a reason this foolishness has failed and is still failing.
It's because the ideas just don't work as stated since nobody can see so many mathematical calculations over the face of the OB and CB as well as the outside of the OB by their imagination when it's beyond a 1/2 ball hit.
But, the writers did make money from the efforts and still do. Never hurts to sell "HOPE".
In the carnivals we called HOPE 'alibi joints' and 'flat stores'.
Stan Shuffett's TRUE CTE method of aiming does not rotate around "HOPE".

"It is almost impossible to free fools from the chains they revere."

Last edited by Low500; 08-30-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Old
  (#2)
mista335
AzB Silver Member
mista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
The current crop of pro players who have been instructed by Stan are certainly excited about the method and how it's bumped their games up. So are the amateurs who have used it for years, however most quit posting on here because they're sick of the ANTI-GANG.
Too ba
We need a CTE Users forum outside of AZB. Even Stan Shuffet doesn't post here anymore.

Old
  (#3)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Too bad many 'how to shoot better pool' books eventually fizzled, became dust gatherers on collector shelves, and didn't give people any long lasting excitement or satisfaction.. Those who bought into many of those books' principles and systems ended up not using them at all. Some of the authors didn't/don't even use the methods themselves.
It's certainly not because the concepts become so internalized that players "don't have to even think about it".
I read where one guru states there are 15-20 mathematical calculations for places to aim at the object ball......(I'd like to see the guru demonstrate that bit of nonsense)
Another guru indicates "it's all elementary, my dear Watson, just use my formulas and you'll be on easy street...most of the time I think"
There's a reason this foolishness has failed and is still failing.
It's because the ideas just don't work as stated since nobody can see so many mathematical calculations over the face of the OB and CB as well as the outside of the OB by their imagination when it's beyond a 1/2 ball hit.
But, the writers did make money from the efforts and still do. Never hurts to sell "HOPE".
In the carnivals we called HOPE 'alibi joints' and 'flat stores'.
Stan Shuffett's TRUE CTE method of aiming does not rotate around "HOPE".
And their names are................

Your just talking shit with no proof......you make assumption you cant back up....in other words......you are just talking out your ass.

Old
  (#4)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mista335 View Post
We need a CTE Users forum outside of AZB. Even Stan Shuffet doesn't post here anymore.
There are plans for just that in the works elsewhere. No hassles, no arguing, no lies, no personal attacks.
We can discuss the points of the method with those pros who use it openly and those pros who keep it to themselves except for sharing with trusted associates.
That will make this aiming forum a happier place. The soothsayers, experts, and prophets of doom will be happier since we will be out of their way, and we will be the happiest of all.
Patience is the virtue.
Have a good day.

Last edited by Low500; 08-31-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Old
  (#5)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:

I have heard from two different people that took a CTE lesson from Stan, and each say he is a really good pool instructor (or was a good instructor, considering he hasn't been giving lessons for a while now). Neither of these players use CTE, and one of them told me he would like to have another pool lesson with Stan sometime, but not a CTE lesson, just a regular pool lesson concerning fundamentals and such.

Anyway, concerning your quote above....I've probably owned every "how to" pool book published since 1950, and I can honestly say I learned something from each one. Sometimes what I learned wasn't worth the price of the book, but EVERY lesson I got from those books was and is still used today. And these lessons/concepts are now ingrained into my game -- I don't have to think about it...I just do it.

The average sales for pool instructional books is around 5,000 copies over a 10yr period. That's not very good, certainly not a money-making scheme to rob aspiring pool players out of their hard-earned cash. And I don't know of any pool books that have "fizzled out". If the book is no good, then of course it'll quit selling because word gets out and people eventually quit buying it. But I can't think of any pool books over the last 30 years or so that have fizzled out -- they are still being sold, ordered, printed, read, and used by thousands of pool players around the world. Most of these books are written by lovers of the game, players that feel like they have something to offer that could help others become better pool players, which is the same reason a lot of players become certified instructors. I admire Stan Shuffett's passion because I and many others share that passion. And I hope his book exceeds the average sales for most pool books.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#6)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

08-31-2019, 08:58 AM

The two aiming DVD's fizzled out.
Meanwhile Tor Lowry is booked.

Last edited by JoeyInCali; 08-31-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Old
  (#7)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
The two aiming DVD's fizzled out.
Meanwhile Tor Lowry is booked.
Tor Lowry is excellent.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#8)
croscoe
Looking to Improve
croscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond repute

08-31-2019, 09:50 AM

No aiming discussing topic in this thread. Seems more like a main forum topic.
Or complaint department. Lol ��

Old
  (#9)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-31-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croscoe View Post
No aiming discussing topic in this thread. Seems more like a main forum topic. Or complaint department. Lol ��
Just another CTE whiner's thread...

Soon (we sincerely hope) there'll be a "CTE Whiners Only" forum (hopefully somewhere else) and we won't have to hear about it every other day.

pj
chgo

It just keeps on working......the truth will set you free.
Old
  (#10)
Low500
AzB Silver Member

Thumbs up It just keeps on working......the truth will set you free. - 09-01-2019, 10:37 AM

For any newer readers here, look into the CTE method of aiming and discover what the others cannot or will not tell you about the true way to aim pool shots.
On YouTube there are countless videos by Stan Shuffett on the CTE method of aiming. (Sorry there are no DVD's left....he sold 4000 and that was it.)
Watch for his new free Truth Series on YouTube which is the prelude to his mammoth book release.
Tyler Styer has this to say on Facebook.
Tyler Styer: To Stan Shuffett and 8 others. "I am Off to China for the China Open 9 ball, then to Russia for the Kremlin Cup and Dream Challenge. All 3 are great events! Wont be back home till October 2nd. Expecting some top finishes from the USA boys!"
Tyler Styer: "Thanks for all of your aiming and foundational support, Stan Shuffett!"

It just keeps working and getting better all the time!

Name:  Tyler Styer.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  72.2 KB

Last edited by Low500; 09-01-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Old
  (#11)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
For any newer readers here, look into the CTE method of aiming and discover what the others cannot or will not tell you about the true way to aim pool shots.
"...the true way to aim pool shots"

If you think there is such a thing, you may qualify for CTE cult membership.

If you don't believe in aiming magic (or simply have more or less normal reasoning ability), not so much...

pj
chgo

Old
  (#12)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
"...the true way to aim pool shots"

If you think there is such a thing, you may qualify for CTE cult membership.

If you don't believe in aiming magic (or simply have more or less normal reasoning ability), not so much...

pj
chgo
Yes Yes Yes Do it the Pat Johnson way
https://scontent.ftpf1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ee&oe=5DC89A67

Old
  (#13)
Low500
AzB Silver Member

09-01-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Yes Yes Yes Do it the Pat Johnson way
https://scontent.ftpf1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ee&oe=5DC89A67
So THAT'S where old SpiderWeb guy came up with that "lizard head" business. I thought it was all some of his satire and just good natured ribbing.
It actually EXISTS?? 'Moving the head side to side like a little lizard'...????
Oh man. It sounds like a sure fire way to be incompetent and inconsistent to me. Even the most basic concepts of shooting pool emphasize stability and remaining motionless while letting the arm do the moving.
That's what I mean when I look askance at those who pontificate with all the answers to this game. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing and completely misleading, as well, when presented in the form of instructions.
Thankfully, we have the TRUTH with our CTE

Old
  (#14)
BC21
Poolology

09-01-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
On YouTube there are countless videos by Stan Shuffett on the CTE method of aiming. (Sorry there are no DVD's left....he sold 4000 and that was it.)
The pool world had about 7 years to purchase the DVDs. So I'd say anyone that was interested got 'em. DVD1 came out in 2011 and DVD2 came out in 2013. Stan posted something back in the summer of 2017 about having DVDs still in stock, around 5% of dvd1 and 2.5% of dvd2. So probably about 150 DVDs were still available out of the 4000 just a couple of years ago.

This is the sad state of pool. There are millions of pool players in the world, and with any other sport it seems like sales are so much much better. Is it because most pool players are cheap, or because most are skeptical about buying instructional material? The CTE DVDs sold at a rate of around 500 per year, which is right in line with the average pool book at 5000 copies in 10 years. That is not good, considering that there are millions of pool players out there.

I'm not downing CTE, just stating how the market for most pool instructional material is not too vibrant.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#15)
SpiderWeb
iisgone@yahoo.com
SpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWeb has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2019, 09:04 PM

I don't know if he has turned out any great players, but he has very good players pimping his system. I am sure they are in for a little jelly. They played great before they met the CTE man.
This reminds me of those late nite flatten your tummy commercials. They go find the best looking people for the job too.

Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: