Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page The "why" of the success of CTE and the coaching of Stan Shuffett
Page 2 of 8 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-02-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWeb View Post
I don't know if he has turned out any great players, but he has very good players pimping his system. I am sure they are in for a little jelly. They played great before they met the CTE man.
This reminds me of those late nite flatten your tummy commercials. They go find the best looking people for the job too.
Dear sir.
You (probably in your zeal) are hijacking MY thread..and it is MY thread topic.
I was advised in no uncertain terms by one of the prominent citizens in this forum to "start you own thread, sweetie Low Low".....which is exactly what I did.
My topic is "the why of the success of CTE and the coaching of Stan Shuffett". Please participate by staying on that topic.
On the other hand, I will give you this one "free ride" and respond with my opinion about your post.
I think it is a rather harsh critique to 1. "assume the great players are in for a little jelly"
and #2 The word "pimpin" has quite a vulgar connotation to it, it is undignified, and certainly is not applicable to those great players in any endeavor who have a coach right at their sides while they work. Some of the best "Method" actors in films always had their acting coach at hand to note if they played a scene a certain way.
There is quite a difference between a coach and an instructor. Being able to tell the difference is a skill in itself and is readily discussed on the "ask the instructor forum' herein.
But since our game is considered a sport by many (I do not consider it a sport, I consider it a game and little athletic ability is required. Although many athletic types excel at this game).
According to you, pro players in sports must be pimps for their coach/instructors after they've had success. In golf all the top pro players sing praise of their coaches and pay them well to teach. In this day and age all pro golfers on tour have instructors and it shows in their money earnings and world ranking. So they must be "pimps" for their their coaches and that's it...??
1.Butch Harmon - $1,500 per hour. ...
2.Hank Haney - $15,000 per day. ...
3.Dave Pelz - $20,000 per day. ...
4.David Leadbetter - $3,500 for three hours. ...
5.Sean Foley - $1,000 per hour. ...
6.Chris Como - $3,000 per half day. ...
7.Dave Stockton - $600 per hour. ...
8.Peter Kostis - $500 per hour.
I think those facts are significant and are worthy of posting EVEN IF THEY ARE OFF TOPIC IN MY OWN THREAD.
In the future, let's confine our posts to the topic of the thread, shall we?
Have a good day.

"It is almost impossible to free fools from the chains they revere."

Last edited by Low500; 09-02-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Old
  (#17)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
... In the future, let's confine our posts to the topic of the thread, shall we? ...
Sometimes the supplemental (extraneous / tangential) information and discussion are more interesting than what would be produced by strictly following the OP's stated topic.

Starting a thread is kind of like tossing a beach ball from the top row of a large sports stadium. Eventually, the ball is likely to reach to the bottom, but the path is unlikely to be straight down. And exactly who gets their hands on it is not easily predicted.

Old
  (#18)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
Sometimes the supplemental (extraneous / tangential) information and discussion are more interesting than what would be produced by strictly following the OP's stated topic.<==I'm not so sure I agree with that
Starting a thread is kind of like tossing a beach ball from the top row of a large sports stadium. Eventually, the ball is likely to reach to the bottom, but the path is unlikely to be straight down. And exactly who gets their hands on it is not easily predicted.
I was told by Mr. Boxcar to start my own thread, which I did. I think he had a good idea.
I am hoping it will be for players like myself who are deeply involved with the CTE method of aiming. Of course I cannot keep anybody out since this is an open facility and is the property of AZBilliards and not me. The ignore feature can be used at will to tame the rowdy ones.
However, it would really be nice if those who detest CTE would just go their merry way and leave us alone to discuss it between those of us who are of like minds. (I can guarantee that I will not be "trespassing" into the opposition aiming threads)
We'd just like to have peace so we can discuss the progress that's being made with the method. (Any "civil debate" has been proven impossible on this subject over the years, it ends up being a shouting match which is not necessary or desired.)
Have a good day and thank you for your input.

Just so you will not think I am making this up, here is a copy of what Mr. Boxcar said to me in the other thread when I was advising people just to place any argument lovers on the ignore feature.

Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
08-29-2019, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Low Low,
Be a sweetie and start your own thread. Maybe, just maybe, your 2 friends will contribute. Oh, sorry, I forgot. You don't have any friends.

Old
  (#19)
softshot
Simplify
softshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond reputesoftshot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

09-02-2019, 05:25 PM

any pre-shot routine given to players who have none will yield positive results the practicing of the PSR itself gets you better.. They loudly thank the "system" when it was the PSR all along...

just a thought..

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help..

Old
  (#20)
Low500
AzB Silver Member

09-02-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softshot View Post
any pre-shot routine given to players who have none will yield positive results the practicing of the PSR itself gets you better.. They loudly thank the "system" when it was the PSR all along...
just a thought..
And it's a very good thought too.
Without a solid preshot routine, the system cannot and will not function at its maximum effectiveness.
Good thinking there.

Old
  (#21)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

09-02-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Just another CTE whiner's thread...

Soon (we sincerely hope) there'll be a "CTE Whiners Only" forum (hopefully somewhere else) and we won't have to hear about it every other day.

pj
chgo
Pool Scientist,

You DON'T have to "hear about it".

Stay out of the threads.

Easy enough, isn't it?

Old
  (#22)
Low500
AzB Silver Member

09-02-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
Pool Scientist,
You DON'T have to "hear about it".
Stay out of the threads.
Easy enough, isn't it?

Thank you very much sir, for saying that.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that way.
Have a good day.

Old
  (#23)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-03-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
You (probably in your zeal) are hijacking MY thread..and it is MY thread topic.
You don't own a thread or a topic. This is an open forum - if you make ridiculous claims somebody might correct you.

Whining about it endlessly just makes CTE seem like a system for whiners.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#24)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

09-03-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
You don't own a thread or a topic. This is an open forum - if you make ridiculous claims somebody might correct you.

Whining about it endlessly just makes CTE seem like a system for whiners.

pj
chgo
And what does that make you?

A CTE chaser?

Why don't you create your own Pool Scientist threads and stay out of CTE threads?

Old
  (#25)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

09-03-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Somebody who thinks readers here deserve to hear divergent views about a topic - especially whether or not the claims of a product advertised for sale here make any sense.

What are you, another CTE censor/whiner?

pj
chgo

Old
  (#26)
Low500
AzB Silver Member

09-03-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
A CTE chaser?
Why don't you create your own Pool Scientist threads and stay out of CTE threads?
Pardner, you're wasting your keystrokes replying to that individual.
His life on this site, for many years, has been to create dissension, arguments, trouble, you name it.....all cleverly disguised as "different points of view".
The ignore feature will take care of it. Those type feed off responses to their baiting.
Ignore...Ignore...Ignore.
A wise lady in this site told me something the other day that I think is quite profound when dealing with troublemakers. It goes like this...."In order for me to be personally insulted by someone, I must first value their opinion"
Have a good one.

Old
  (#27)
sacman
AzB Silver Member
sacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond repute

09-03-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWeb View Post
I don't know if he has turned out any great players, but he has very good players pimping his system. I am sure they are in for a little jelly. They played great before they met the CTE man.
This reminds me of those late nite flatten your tummy commercials. They go find the best looking people for the job too.

I often do a 20-shot test of the same shots so see if I've experienced any improvement (a good mix of simple to difficult shots). In March of 2017 I started CTE after purchasing Stan's DVD-2. I watched it several times, got a headache and set it aside thinking it was impossible without help. I later revisited it, tried it again on the table - and it started to click (wished I could have gotten a lesson from Tyler before he moved out of Wisconsin).

Before I started it up again in June-2018 I was still shooting about 33% - trying to regain my familiarity with the parallel line method that I had used in college 30 years ago. I only play a few hours a week and so the game wasn't becoming any more fun.

Fast forward to 2019. Same test - different results. I'm shooting 60-73%. Now all I do is laugh when naysayers knock the system. I'm having so much fun with the game and seem to be continually improving over time (esp. those areas of speed/spin to the cue ball). Again - Keep in mind - I play only about 4-6 hours a week and have a severe astigmatism with slight cataracts (will never be 20/20).

I do wonder how Stan is doing. I'm concerned that the stress of introducing the system and the continual rudeness towards him by many on AZ and elsewhere has take a toll on his health.

Allen

Old
  (#28)
Low500
AzB Silver Member

09-03-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman View Post
I often do a 20-shot test of the same shots so see if I've experienced any improvement (a good mix of simple to difficult shots). In March of 2017 I started CTE after purchasing Stan's DVD-2. I watched it several times, got a headache and set it aside thinking it was impossible without help. I later revisited it, tried it again on the table - and it started to click (wished I could have gotten a lesson from Tyler before he moved out of Wisconsin).
Before I started it up again in June-2018 I was still shooting about 33% - trying to regain my familiarity with the parallel line method that I had used in college 30 years ago. I only play a few hours a week and so the game wasn't becoming any more fun.
Fast forward to 2019. Same test - different results. I'm shooting 60-73%. Now all I do is laugh when naysayers knock the system. I'm having so much fun with the game and seem to be continually improving over time (esp. those areas of speed/spin to the cue ball). Again - Keep in mind - I play only about 4-6 hours a week and have a severe astigmatism with slight cataracts (will never be 20/20).
I do wonder how Stan is doing. I'm concerned that the stress of introducing the system and the continual rudeness towards him by many on AZ and elsewhere has take a toll on his health.
Stan and wife are both doing great. So are the youngsters. No health problems for him.
I chat with him regularly and will be up there at his place next month for some study on the table.
The goofuses who ridicule and belittle him do not phase him one bit.
Trying to convince any of those goofuses is the least of his concerns. They've made their choices to be a goofus and they will be dismissed as such.
You would be amazed at how many top players all over the world are getting with this CTE aiming method. It truly is revolutionary. Some are using it right and left but will never tell anyone....it's best kept quiet once learned. There are players who look at new ideas and want an edge to win prize money, you know.
All of us CTE users just snicker when we see the "pool scientists" babbling the same old loser ideas they've been babbling for years.
Glad you're enjoying the method and good wishes to you.
Regards,
Pete Lowenstein

Old
  (#29)
sacman
AzB Silver Member
sacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond reputesacman has a reputation beyond repute

09-03-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Stan and wife are both doing great. So are the youngsters. No health problems for him.
I chat with him regularly and will be up there at his place next month for some study on the table.
The goofuses who ridicule and belittle him do not phase him one bit.
Trying to convince any of those goofuses is the least of his concerns. They've made their choices to be a goofus and they will be dismissed as such.
You would be amazed at how many top players all over the world are getting with this CTE aiming method. It truly is revolutionary. Some are using it right and left but will never tell anyone....it's best kept quiet once learned. There are players who look at new ideas and want an edge to win prize money, you know.
All of us CTE users just snicker when we see the "pool scientists" babbling the same old loser ideas they've been babbling for years.
Glad you're enjoying the method and good wishes to you.
Regards,
Pete Lowenstein
Thanks for the update! I've checked his FB page and haven't seen anything current so was wondering.

I am envious of your time spent at Stan's. Oh the ties of a full-time job and serious music activities on the side that keep me from doing the same.

Allen

Old
  (#30)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

09-04-2019, 06:06 AM

sacman
congratulations on your improvement

Page 2 of 8 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: