Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page BBC Tells Schoolchildren There Are ‘over 100’ Genders
Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
BBC Tells Schoolchildren There Are ‘over 100’ Genders
Old
  (#1)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute
 
HawaiianEye's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 10,360
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2011
   
BBC Tells Schoolchildren There Are ‘over 100’ Genders - 09-14-2019, 11:32 PM

Total insanity from the other side of the pond.

https://www.breitbart.com/education/...r-100-genders/
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#2)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Online
Posts: 20,710
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2011
   
09-15-2019, 07:00 AM

100 that is freaky.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2005
   
09-15-2019, 07:12 AM

they didn't name them, but I suppose you could coin at least one of them as "freaky". They should have a naming contest for the other 99+


Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
100 that is freaky.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute
 
Chopdoc's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 23,675
vCash: 500
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Coast, Fl
   
09-15-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
BBC is indulging in the “propagation of misinformation,”
They didn't say over 100 genders. They said over 100 gender identities.

How is that misinformation? I don't know the number, but certainly there is a large number.

Do people really deny this is going on?


Bury me with my JOSS....


"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
Alan
AzB Silver Member
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2005
   
09-15-2019, 07:49 AM

It's way too complicated for me. I'm lucky that I have only one sex and one gender. At least I think I know my gender. I keep hearing about gender fluid, so I hope I don't leak and get all confused some day.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
They didn't say over 100 genders. They said over 100 gender identities.

How is that misinformation? I don't know the number, but certainly there is a large number.

Do people really deny this is going on?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
Mr. Wilson
Banned
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute
 
Mr. Wilson's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 13,815
vCash: 2700
iTrader: 0 / 50%
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland
   
09-15-2019, 03:05 PM

Name them.

But humor us. Use fish.

I'll wait
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute
 
JC's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 11,492
vCash: 500
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PNW
   
09-15-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
They didn't say over 100 genders. They said over 100 gender identities.

How is that misinformation? I don't know the number, but certainly there is a large number.

Do people really deny this is going on?
Gender identity itself is misinformation by nature so of course this is nonsense.

Call yourself whatever you like but if you have a dick I'm calling you Mr. And vice versa.


JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
jason
Unprofessional everything
jason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond reputejason has a reputation beyond repute
 
jason's Avatar
 
Status: Online
Posts: 3,290
vCash: 3750
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: At the bar...usually.
   
09-15-2019, 04:30 PM

I'm a dog that likes kittys.


TRUMP 2020





Bigotry by Pangit 2019 that should never be forgotten.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=499879

------------------------------
Jason
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute
 
Chopdoc's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 23,675
vCash: 500
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Coast, Fl
   
09-15-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Gender identity itself is misinformation by nature so of course this is nonsense.

Call yourself whatever you like but if you have a dick I'm calling you Mr. And vice versa.
Yet you can't deny the are a number of ways people identify. That's a fact.

The limitations of your understanding don't change that.


Bury me with my JOSS....


"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute
 
Chopdoc's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 23,675
vCash: 500
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Coast, Fl
   
09-15-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Gender identity itself is misinformation ...
Are you saying you have misidentified your gender?


Bury me with my JOSS....


"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute
 
JC's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 11,492
vCash: 500
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PNW
   
09-15-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Yet you can't deny the are a number of ways people identify. That's a fact.

The limitations of your understanding don't change that.
I deny that the way people identify means anything other than maybe a scream out for some mental health care.

Yes there are some messed up minds. But this doesn't alter gender. If you think that's a weak understanding capability on my part that's your prerogative. Not really much matter on my end.


JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
memikey
Never Has Been
memikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond reputememikey has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 20,177
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: I'm lost.
   
09-16-2019, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I deny that the way people identify means anything other than maybe a scream out for some mental health care.

Yes there are some messed up minds. But this doesn't alter gender. If you think that's a weak understanding capability on my part that's your prerogative. Not really much matter on my end.
Hopefully those commenting have actually watched the whole film in question (it's quite short). It's just one one of a large number of teaching aids on assorted subjects offered to schools etc.
The thread title is fake/untrue. No child in the Uk is being taught that in a literal sense there are any more than the two basic 'genders', let alone over 100.

It is a fact (not a misinformation), whether any of us are comfortable with it or not, that there are lots of people who have their own perceptions of what their "gender identity" is, irrespective of which sex organs they have. The existence of such people/perceptions is what kids are actually being taught. I've no idea if there are more than 100 variations on those identity perceptions and it doesn't really matter anyway what the correct number is, though I would suspect that the highlighted teacher concerned was in this instance almost certainly just carelessly exaggerating in loose conversational terms.

Such gender conflicted people and their perceptions of themselves are not going to magically cease to exist. So kids are inevitably going to encounter such people as they grow up and it's also inevitable that some kids themselves will grow up with such self-perceptions just as many kids have for centuries. Seems to me that the film in question (which mainly deals with questions kids do actually ask their teachers) is potentially a pretty useful teaching aid as far as the answering of such questions go....and on a wider scale therefore also useful to at least help kids deal with their encounters with such people.

I'm a bit old fashioned myself and sometimes wonder if in today's world hermaphrodites are possibly the least gender conflicted group of all lol...….but unless the Taliban land a contract for organising schooling, I can't really see the day when teachers (in either USA or UK) are going to be using teaching aids which help them inform kids that if they come across anyone who doesn't self identify as male or female in strict accordance with the sex organs they were born with, that can only be because they are in need of mental health care.........and I'm not sure that even a dinosaur like me would be entirely comfortable with that explanation of the subject being given by anyone to any related questions my grandkids were to ask


Mike

Last edited by memikey; 09-16-2019 at 03:55 AM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
Mr. Wilson
Banned
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute
 
Mr. Wilson's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 13,815
vCash: 2700
iTrader: 0 / 50%
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland
   
09-16-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memikey View Post
Hopefully those commenting have actually watched the whole film in question (it's quite short). It's just one one of a large number of teaching aids on assorted subjects offered to schools etc.
The thread title is fake/untrue. No child in the Uk is being taught that in a literal sense there are any more than the two basic 'genders', let alone over 100.

It is a fact (not a misinformation), whether any of us are comfortable with it or not, that there are lots of people who have their own perceptions of what their "gender identity" is, irrespective of which sex organs they have. The existence of such people/perceptions is what kids are actually being taught. I've no idea if there are more than 100 variations on those identity perceptions and it doesn't really matter anyway what the correct number is, though I would suspect that the highlighted teacher concerned was in this instance almost certainly just carelessly exaggerating in loose conversational terms.

Such gender conflicted people and their perceptions of themselves are not going to magically cease to exist. So kids are inevitably going to encounter such people as they grow up and it's also inevitable that some kids themselves will grow up with such self-perceptions just as many kids have for centuries. Seems to me that the film in question (which mainly deals with questions kids do actually ask their teachers) is potentially a pretty useful teaching aid as far as the answering of such questions go....and on a wider scale therefore also useful to at least help kids deal with their encounters with such people.

I'm a bit old fashioned myself and sometimes wonder if in today's world hermaphrodites are possibly the least gender conflicted group of all lol...….but unless the Taliban land a contract for organising schooling, I can't really see the day when teachers (in either USA or UK) are going to be using teaching aids which help them inform kids that if they come across anyone who doesn't self identify as male or female in strict accordance with the sex organs they were born with, that can only be because they are in need of mental health care.........and I'm not sure that even a dinosaur like me would be entirely comfortable with that explanation of the subject being given by anyone to any related questions my grandkids were to ask

Mike:

Do you or not see their dysphoria as a mental health issue?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
bobco729
bobco729
bobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond reputebobco729 has a reputation beyond repute
 
bobco729's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,715
vCash: 2900
iTrader: 106 / 100%
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
   
09-16-2019, 10:44 AM

I only know the first three male, female and halucinated made up mentally insane fake b.s.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute
 
FairladyZ's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 7,408
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mizzou
   
09-16-2019, 10:49 AM

This says it all...............
Attached Images
 


If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.


I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.