Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Beware of this buyer
Reply
Page 2 of 3 12 3
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
gambler67
AzB Silver Member

gambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: May 2015
   
09-21-2019, 06:05 AM

i shoot with a purple heart Stenback sneaky myself
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#17)
gambler67
AzB Silver Member

gambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: May 2015
   
09-21-2019, 06:07 AM

i did receive payment before shipping but as everyone knows paypal and Ebay always give refunds regardless
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute
 
Kickin' Chicken's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 10,365
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 211 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the Coop deVille
   
09-21-2019, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler67 View Post
i was hoping someone would know it, he never messaged me here, but this was the only place i listed the item for sale, he said he seen my e-mail address in a post here but the whole thing sounded fishy
a few guys including myself have requested more info about your deal so informed opinions can be formed.

Would you mind filling in some of those important blanks?

Calling a guy out as a scammer publicly and posting all of his personal info is a pretty big deal and should be accompanied by a compelling set of facts explaining how he scammed.

best,
brian kc


"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff


Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19)
gambler67
AzB Silver Member

gambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: May 2015
   
09-21-2019, 06:20 AM

yes payment was made with paypal, it was for $600 for a Justis 2 toned with snake skin on the pockets, first thing he offered $400 i said your not even close and then he came back with $500 saying he was a serious buyer, i turned him down again he comes back with $550 and i said i would have to think about it, so finally he says ok i agree to your $600 and wanted it shipped immediately, i told him the soonest it could be shipped was the next morning and made a label that night, knowing that he wanted to get the item as soon as possible i made a special trip to the closest UPS store which is like 35 miles away, i figured he wouldn't want it taken to a drop because it would not be picked up until the end of the day(the only UPS drop in my town), so i get back home and check my e-mail around noon and he left a message saying he changed his mind because he found a cheaper case and said he canceled the shipment because i had given him tracking info the night before, so then he wanted me to go pick up the item and refund his money, as he has rubbed in my nose from the beginning Paypal will always refund money for whatever reason even if buyers remorse or whatever in this case, so at this point i hope i just get my case back without being tampered with since what he is saying now he will refuse the item and file a claim with Paypal but in 20 years of selling stuff i have never dealt with this type of character before, WOW a dentist really?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
gambler67
AzB Silver Member

gambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond reputegambler67 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: May 2015
   
09-21-2019, 06:23 AM

immediately after i he bought he wanted it posted as sold on here, i guess he was worried about me being like him and taking a better deal, looking back knowing this type of joker i was dealing with i should have kept it up for sale but i don't conduct business that way
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#21)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute
 
JC's Avatar
 
Status: Online
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PNW
   
09-21-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickin' Chicken View Post
a few guys including myself have requested more info about your deal so informed opinions can be formed.

Would you mind filling in some of those important blanks?

Calling a guy out as a scammer publicly and posting all of his personal info is a pretty big deal and should be accompanied by a compelling set of facts explaining how he scammed.

best,
brian kc
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler67 View Post
yes payment was made with paypal, it was for $600 for a Justis 2 toned with snake skin on the pockets, first thing he offered $400 i said your not even close and then he came back with $500 saying he was a serious buyer, i turned him down again he comes back with $550 and i said i would have to think about it, so finally he says ok i agree to your $600 and wanted it shipped immediately, i told him the soonest it could be shipped was the next morning and made a label that night, knowing that he wanted to get the item as soon as possible i made a special trip to the closest UPS store which is like 35 miles away, i figured he wouldn't want it taken to a drop because it would not be picked up until the end of the day(the only UPS drop in my town), so i get back home and check my e-mail around noon and he left a message saying he changed his mind because he found a cheaper case and said he canceled the shipment because i had given him tracking info the night before, so then he wanted me to go pick up the item and refund his money, as he has rubbed in my nose from the beginning Paypal will always refund money for whatever reason even if buyers remorse or whatever in this case, so at this point i hope i just get my case back without being tampered with since what he is saying now he will refuse the item and file a claim with Paypal but in 20 years of selling stuff i have never dealt with this type of character before, WOW a dentist really?
Sounds like a pretty fair description of what likely went down. Compelling enough for the OP in my opinion. The buyer sounds more like a penny naggling flake than a scammer but who needs any of it in their lives?


JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#22)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute
 
Kickin' Chicken's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 10,365
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 211 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the Coop deVille
   
09-21-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler67 View Post
yes payment was made with paypal, it was for $600 for a Justis 2 toned with snake skin on the pockets, first thing he offered $400 i said your not even close and then he came back with $500 saying he was a serious buyer, i turned him down again he comes back with $550 and i said i would have to think about it, so finally he says ok i agree to your $600 and wanted it shipped immediately, i told him the soonest it could be shipped was the next morning and made a label that night, knowing that he wanted to get the item as soon as possible i made a special trip to the closest UPS store which is like 35 miles away, i figured he wouldn't want it taken to a drop because it would not be picked up until the end of the day(the only UPS drop in my town), so i get back home and check my e-mail around noon and he left a message saying he changed his mind because he found a cheaper case and said he canceled the shipment because i had given him tracking info the night before, so then he wanted me to go pick up the item and refund his money, as he has rubbed in my nose from the beginning Paypal will always refund money for whatever reason even if buyers remorse or whatever in this case, so at this point i hope i just get my case back without being tampered with since what he is saying now he will refuse the item and file a claim with Paypal but in 20 years of selling stuff i have never dealt with this type of character before, WOW a dentist really?
I remember your case, it is nice and a bit different than what we normally see with yours having the rectangle snake inlays.

After reading the above I don't think I'd classify the guy as a scammer, maybe more of a flake or time waster, someone whose word isn't his bond and I see this fairly often with internet sales.

I think the takeaway is that yes, the guy treated you like crap but as a seller there are measures we can take to minimize our exposure to these kinds of frustrations. To be candid, your decision to drive 35 miles to ship the case is on you. Why not just ship at your local post office?

I disagree with you that eBay and paypal *always* side with the buyer even when there's buyer's remorse. It's true that their default is set up in the buyers favor because historically seller's are actually at fault more than buyers but you do get a chance to make your case in a dispute.

I would agree that the buyer was flakey and probably a cheapskate but in order for him to be a scammer he would have had to try to steal from you.

all imo, of course.

good luck with re-selling your nice case.

best,
brian kc


"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff


Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Last edited by Kickin' Chicken; 09-21-2019 at 06:48 AM.
  
Reply With Quote
This is not legal advice.
Old
  (#23)
Balls
Big Brass Balls

Balls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond reputeBalls has a reputation beyond repute
 
Balls's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 263
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: The Motor City, Detroit Michigan
   
Cool This is not legal advice. - 09-21-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler67 View Post
Careful dealing me
This is not legal advice.

You have incurred cash damages because of this person.

I would suggest you march on down to your local cop shop and make a complaint, get a number, later get a copy, and then scan it and use it to complain to PayPal with the rest of your documentation. The only way you're going to make sure he doesn't do this to someone else to close his PayPal account, and if your cops are friendly, maybe they can help you recover your cash. Don't discount your time either. It's precious.

The boys will fill you in on the rest of what you can do.

In the meantime, you might want to take his name off here, and I wouldn't suggest telling the cops or anyone else you did that.


BarBoxRules.com
Supporting Olympic dreams since 2009
I am no longer active in this forum.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#24)
triley41395
You'll shoot your eye out
triley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond reputetriley41395 has a reputation beyond repute
 
triley41395's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 687
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Troy Ohio
   
09-21-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler67 View Post
yes payment was made with paypal, it was for $600 for a Justis 2 toned with snake skin on the pockets, first thing he offered $400 i said your not even close and then he came back with $500 saying he was a serious buyer, i turned him down again he comes back with $550 and i said i would have to think about it, so finally he says ok i agree to your $600 and wanted it shipped immediately, i told him the soonest it could be shipped was the next morning and made a label that night, knowing that he wanted to get the item as soon as possible i made a special trip to the closest UPS store which is like 35 miles away, i figured he wouldn't want it taken to a drop because it would not be picked up until the end of the day(the only UPS drop in my town), so i get back home and check my e-mail around noon and he left a message saying he changed his mind because he found a cheaper case and said he canceled the shipment because i had given him tracking info the night before, so then he wanted me to go pick up the item and refund his money, as he has rubbed in my nose from the beginning Paypal will always refund money for whatever reason even if buyers remorse or whatever in this case, so at this point i hope i just get my case back without being tampered with since what he is saying now he will refuse the item and file a claim with Paypal but in 20 years of selling stuff i have never dealt with this type of character before, WOW a dentist really?
Name:  Screenshot_2019-09-21-11-54-03.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  136.0 KB

Sounds like a scam to me. Hoping you would refund some of his money as to not take a total loss fighting through PP. Might not be what some people consider a scam but it is. If I can get something cheaper then that is my responsibility BEFORE we make a deal and the item is shipped. If the item is received and then they want a refund that's a whole different thing.


Stupid people breed stupid people.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#25)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 15,946
vCash: 4100
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Now living in Largo FL
   
09-21-2019, 09:22 AM

WildWing...I'd like to think your comment was tongue in cheek...at least I hope so. That tired old cliche' has no place in today's world. First of all, it's not true.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWing View Post
Those who can, do.

Those who can't, teach.

Those who can't teach, teach gym.

All the best,
WW


PBIA Master Instructor
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#26)
jimmyco
These go to 11
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute
 
jimmyco's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,893
vCash: 500
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Colorado
   
09-21-2019, 09:36 AM

Would have never replied to the $400 offer or any offers thereafter.

Perhaps fate is telling you not to part with your fine case.


Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#27)
poolguy4u
AzB Silver Member
poolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,791
vCash: 500
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
   
09-21-2019, 09:38 AM

.



This whole story sounds fishy. You kind of sound like a rookie at selling.

Ebay and PayPal doesn't not always refund.


Buyers just can't say they want their money back. There is a process to go through.

The buyer will have to return the item and the refund doesn't get returned until the item is returned.

Seems like you are jumping the gun by coming on here without getting this settled.

UPS will do pick-ups. Sounds like you were in a real hurry to get rid of this case.

If the case was worth $550 why don't you just list it at $550?

It's okay, I see this crap every day on facebook.








,
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#28)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute
 
JC's Avatar
 
Status: Online
Posts: 11,452
vCash: 500
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PNW
   
09-21-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
WildWing...I'd like to think your comment was tongue in cheek...at least I hope so. That tired old cliche' has no place in today's world. First of all, it's not true.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour
Sounds like Scott is looking for a game.


JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#29)
Johnson
AzB Silver Member
Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond reputeJohnson has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lafayette, In
  Send a message via AIM to Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to Johnson  
09-21-2019, 04:37 PM

I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay and my personal saying is if a buyer is a pain in the ass before they even buy something just wait until they actually do! Even if you need the money you are better off blocking these types of buyers and avoiding them like the plagues they are because they will only cost you time and money.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#30)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Online
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jun 2011
   
09-21-2019, 04:48 PM

I know you mention the 35 (70 round trip?) miles drive to point out your "above and beyondness." I mean, that's cool, but it also makes you look like you have no idea what your doing. Your worried about the $50? How much gas do you think that trip used? It really sounds like a cheap lesson in online selling. Also, if I was that Dr. and caught wind of you DOXXING me, I would legally come after you. Doesn't matter if you were scorned, there are laws.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.