where to play near Lincolnton NC

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all. My wife and I are moving to Lincolnton NC in a month or so and were wondering where there are good places to play. Lincolnton is just north of Gastonia and about 30 miles west of Charlotte. I will be looking to also find a (god forbid) a league team or two.

Any help is appreciated.

matta

Cue Snob
Silver Member
Hey all. My wife and I are moving to Lincolnton NC in a month or so and were wondering where there are good places to play. Lincolnton is just north of Gastonia and about 30 miles west of Charlotte. I will be looking to also find a (god forbid) a league team or two.

Any help is appreciated.

That area is a hot bed of pool. You're gonna love it.

You have options. I lived in the Hickory area. There, you have Randolph's which is full of 9ft Gandys. There is an amazing amount of talent around this place on a Sunday night.

In Gastonia, you have West End Billiards. It seems more of a teenage hangout but the owner's son is an up and coming player. They have a mixture of 9ft and bar tables.

In Charlotte, Smoking cue is a gorgeous pool room. Nice place. Nice tables. All 9fts. There are some other nice places in town but the names escape me. I didn't spend much time in Charlotte.

That area has a huge APA league. Whether you play or not, go check out their "Cities" tournament. 80+ tables. Hundreds and hundreds of players. It's a spectacle.

An astonishing number of the top players on the WPBA live around Charlotte. It's not rare to see Allison Fisher, Kelly Fisher, Gerda Hofstatter, and others at local events. Hillbilly Bryant and Tony Watson, both top pros, are from Hickory as well.

I'm not sure why pool is so popular in this area, but it is. Enjoy it.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
You can hit 150 n Out in Mooresville which has 18 Olhausen tournament tables and was in B&D as one of the best new rooms of 2010. Randolph's in Hickory is a great room and my home base. A little further out into the Charlotte area you have Rack Em, Badfish Billiards, The Smokin' Cue, The Green Room among others.

As mentioned earlier the APA league in the area is pretty large and quite a few great players involved (a few US Open cashers play....imagine that in a so called bangers league). Whenever ya move down here send me a PM and we'll play a few.

I forgot to mention that you won't have to worry about waking up to go play and having to get out the broom to sweep four feet of snow off of your car before you go. Unfortunately this also means that you won't be able to take a snowmobile to the pool hall either. Moved here from NE Ohio 15 years ago and I think you will be pretty happy with the pool scene here.

Last edited:

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
That area is a hot bed of pool. You're gonna love it.

You have options. I lived in the Hickory area. There, you have Randolph's which is full of 9ft Gandys. There is an amazing amount of talent around this place on a Sunday night.

In Gastonia, you have West End Billiards. It seems more of a teenage hangout but the owner's son is an up and coming player. They have a mixture of 9ft and bar tables.

In Charlotte, Smoking cue is a gorgeous pool room. Nice place. Nice tables. All 9fts. There are some other nice places in town but the names escape me. I didn't spend much time in Charlotte.

That area has a huge APA league. Whether you play or not, go check out their "Cities" tournament. 80+ tables. Hundreds and hundreds of players. It's a spectacle.

An astonishing number of the top players on the WPBA live around Charlotte. It's not rare to see Allison Fisher, Kelly Fisher, Gerda Hofstatter, and others at local events. Hillbilly Bryant and Tony Watson, both top pros, are from Hickory as well.

I'm not sure why pool is so popular in this area, but it is. Enjoy it.

How ya been doin Matt?

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Been damn good down here in ole Mississippi. I've got the golf bug these days. Lawn billiards has me bad. Haha.

How you been gunz?

Doin good. Just working and playing pool. My brother is the golf addict of the family.

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks guys. I figured the pool scene was hotter than here in Allentown.

Looks like I'm in for a lot of fun!

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
thanks guys. I figured the pool scene was hotter than here in Allentown.

Looks like I'm in for a lot of fun!

No problemo. Plenty of tournaments to choose from as well. The GSBT comes to several areas around NC as well as the Maxim Tour.

APA Masters just started so you would have to wait until next session for that. Regular APA is ending the current session in 2 weeks and probably restarting in 3 after that so you could possibly get on a team when ya move here. If you include Masters/Ladies there is an APA league going on somewhere 7 days a week here so you pretty much have your choice of where and when you want to play.

xxroodoggxx

xxroodoggxx
Silver Member
There is also a CPL league in the area, not sure where all they play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. **roo$t@r**

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well if there are any league players in that area looking for a decent player let me know...if not...I guess I'll find one.