A Few Questions About Cue Construction---Need Answers.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Heres a little full splice jumper I made not too long ago.

Attachments

• Jumper.jpg
    Jumper.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 377
  • SharpJumper.jpg
    SharpJumper.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 366

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
This thread is turning out pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. I love that little jumper. Very nice work.

Kevin,

I had thought Tony's points were spliced as well, but since starting this thread, I now feel the same way you do. And after seeing some of the late, great Edwin Reyes' work, and also seeing the tools he used, I certainly would not say that it is impossible Tony is doing those meticulous inlays by hand. It would certainly justify the price.(Not that the price needs justified at all. If I had the money, I would buy every Black Boar I could.)

This is all super cool to me. I know I'm a geek, but this stuff really interests me. Thanks everyone. Keep it coming if anyone else has anything else to add.

Braden

matta

Cue Snob
Silver Member
Dude, seriously????

Jaden

Haha. I think I was feeling a little antagonistic last night. It looks like we stirred up a good thread, though.

Nice work! :wink:

For example, the points on this cue are dead sharp, yet not spliced, Tad, "knifes" the ends in just like you say:

I stand corrected. My little cue universe has been broadened once again.

Thanks,

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Last I knew Dave Kikel also inlays all of his points. Most of his recent stuff is pretty sharp as the cutters have come a long way I believe

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill McDaniel always kept a knife handy to clean up and sharpen the points of his inlays too. It's the only way you can get those razor sharp points in inlay work. He also did true splice points with or without veneers.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
No problem...

Haha. I think I was feeling a little antagonistic last night. It looks like we stirred up a good thread, though.

Nice work! :wink:

I stand corrected. My little cue universe has been broadened once again.

Thanks,

No Problem, I think we've all been a little unnecessarily antagonistic on this forum from time to time...

I've been working on my willingness to do so of late, since I started commercially making and selling cues, (I will post some work I've done in the near future). Actually, I have already posted some of the work I've done. Here's a link to a video of my current player. Just a merry widow with some ring work, but I love the way it plays...Now, if I can just get myself to stay out of NPR....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPyuSiRTu1U

Jaden