Diamond ball polisher

duc996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just an FYI...I know someone posted earlier that they paid $450.00 plus shipping but, I just ordered a single platter from Diamond and I just paid $450.00 shipped! :grin:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Just an FYI...I know someone posted earlier that they paid $450.00 plus shipping but, I just ordered a single platter from Diamond and I just paid $450.00 shipped! :grin:

Tell you what, if diamond is selling the single platter for $450 shipped, that's a HUGE problem for Ballstar. At that price point the only thing in favor of the Ballstar is if floor space is an issue and you have to have a counter top machine.

duc996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was surprised of the price too because, I was about to order one from eBay. I am glad I called Diamond before I pulled the trigger!:grin:

loggerhead12

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
. . . honest to God if everything in life worked as good as a Diamond ball polisher there would be world peace. No BS, of everything I own nothing does what its intended use is better than the Diamond ball polisher. It's that's strong . . .

Just got mine. Eleven years later the price is higher but this still holds true. It's one of the very rare things you can buy that does what it's supposed to so well that you don't have to think about it any more.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I bought one last Summer from Seybert’s. Bad ass piece of equipment.
When I tried to sell the design of my ball polisher, the first company that came to mind was Olhausen. Back in 1997 I offered the design to Donny Olhausen, he turned me down, not believing they'd sell very many of the units. I then offered the Design to Diamond in 2000, but they turned me down too.

Mark Griffith, with the BCA leagues is the one that actually was the first person impressed enough with the designe of it, to want Diamond to manufacture it. The rest as they say, is history😆

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I tried to sell the design of my ball polisher, the first company that came to mind was Olhausen. Back in 1997 I offered the design to Donny Olhausen, he turned me down, not believing they'd sell very many of the units. I then offered the Design to Diamond in 2000, but they turned me down too.

Mark Griffith, with the BCA leagues is the one that actually was the first person impressed enough with the designe of it, to want Diamond to manufacture it. The rest as they say, is history😆
You’re ahead of your time. You’re innovative…. Come up with some new stuff.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I love my Diamond polisher and don't regret the $500 I spent on it for 1 second. I have 3 sets of balls that were all not more than 6 months old when I got my Diamond polisher. With almost $1,000 of pool balls I really didn't want to throw them in a 5 gallon plastic bucket with a car buffer mounted to the bottom and watch them spin against each other. I also didn't want to polish all of those by hand either, I would like some time to actually use them on the table. While 1 set spends 30 minutes in the polisher I can use a different set on the table. When the set on the table are due for polishing I grab a shiny set from under my cabinet. For some reason there are not many polishers to choose from on the market. Thanks RKC!!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The unit is a tank. It’s built and in a nicely finished housing. Works likes a champ. I spin each set(8) for about 8 minutes each.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love my Diamond polisher and don't regret the $500 I spent on it for 1 second. I have 3 sets of balls that were all not more than 6 months old when I got my Diamond polisher. With almost $1,000 of pool balls I really didn't want to throw them in a 5 gallon plastic bucket with a car buffer mounted to the bottom and watch them spin against each other. I also didn't want to polish all of those by hand either, I would like some time to actually use them on the table. While 1 set spends 30 minutes in the polisher I can use a different set on the table. When the set on the table are due for polishing I grab a shiny set from under my cabinet. For some reason there are not many polishers to choose from on the market. Thanks RKC!!
Nest $ ever spent. I wish everything I have bought work as well as the Diamond Polisher.

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a polisher, not a buffer. Wax the balls by hand then throw em in there. Don’t put em in there covered in wax or spray anything on them while they are spinning. That’ll make your pretty machine messy.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a polisher, not a buffer. Wax the balls by hand then throw em in there. Don’t put em in there covered in wax or spray anything on them while they are spinning. That’ll make your pretty machine messy.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

I can vouch for auto wax gunking up the paddles & pad of a ball polisher. A well-intentioned but uninformed pool room employee did that with a new full-rack Diamond machine. I don't use anything in my personal machine.

Keith

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I tried a light shot of Novus 1 and seemed to work well. I sprayed before putting the balls in the sprocket. I copied this from someone. Any reason not use Novus 1. Any comments.

loggerhead12

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I tried a light shot of Novus 1 and seemed to work well. I sprayed before putting the balls in the sprocket. I copied this from someone. Any reason not use Novus 1. Any comments.

Novus 1 is a plastic cleaner. The balls aren't plastic.

Heath Manning, the distributor I bought mine from, says to use two drops of Aramith Billiard Ball Cleaner, one each on the balls at 6 and 12 o'clock. Why use anything else?