Mosconi Cup 2019 Day 3

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, after saying it about 6 times, Jim Wych finally gets the news that Filler isn't playing next.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Shane breaks wet in Rack 6 and Skyler faces a long missable one ball into the bottom corner and he is not up to the task, Filler must play safe, and does so well. SVB will attempt a difficult jump-in cut of the one and he hits it like a charm. What an amazing shot! The finish line is in sight and Shane/Skyler should run out for the 5-1 victory, but Skyler has a shocking miss on the four ball. Kaci misses right back on the four and Shane gets things back in order, making the four. He and Skyler run out from there for a 5-1 lead. They really played well in this one.

Team USA now leads the Mosconi Cup by six matches to five.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, after saying it about 6 times, Jim Wych finally gets the news that Filler isn't playing next.

i was getting my hopes up. this is looking dark for us euro fans. neils is shaky, alex is shaky and i think kaci has a lot on his mind and is underperforming

but yeh, get them oldies out of the com-box. where is boyes and jj??

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Match 12 is ready to go, and it’s back to singles. Trailing 6-5 in matches, the pressure is on Europe here. Skyler and Niels are up and if Skyler can play the way he did in Match 11, his chances are excellent. It’s Feijen who wins the lag and he breaks wet in rack 1 but doesn’t have a shot on the one. He must kick safe in the absence of a decent push out. His safety is a thing of beauty. Skyler, facing a tough kick, makes a good hit but sells out the one ball. Niels can’t cash in the opportunity presented, but plays a good safety on the three ball. Skyler’s kick is exceptional, and Niels will either play yet another safety or chance a tough cut on the three in the corner. He gambles and loses, hanging the three, and Skyler has an opportunity here. He gets a little funny on the six but rises to the occasion, cutting it thin into the corner. The rest is easy and Skyler leads 1-0. That was one weird rack

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Skyler breaks dry in rack 2, leaving no shot on the one for Niels and the layout looks very messy. Feijen plays a strong safe, sending the one by the nine. If Skyler misses the hit, the rack will be over by combo, but he makes a good hit, and is very fortunate to snooker back. Niels jumps in the one ball on a really fine effort but later hooks himself on the three and misses the kick. I’ve never seen Niels play this badly on the offense side of the game. Skyler cashes in this gift and now lead 2-0.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Niels breaks dry in rack 3 and Skyler has a good look at the one ball. The layout isn’t simple but Skyler plays it very well, but shockingly misses a fairly routine nine ball. Niels pulls to within 2-1.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Skyler breaks dry in rack 4 and Niels has a look at the one ball. He plays very nice shape onto the two and should be out. He completes the rack to tie it at 2-2.