Brunswick Anniversary Questions

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased a Brunswick Anniversary table. The current owner of this table thinks it has been in its current location since being purchased new. He bought the house in 1973 and the table came with the house. He has never had the table recovered, and thinks it has only been recovered once or twice since it was new.

Should I plan on having new rubber installed when I have it
reassembled?

Any other things I should replace or upgrade when I have the table apart?

If I have to disassemble this table myself do you have any pointers so I do not damage anything. Or any links showing me a breakdown of this table.

I also need a recommendation on a top notch table mechanic to recover and reassemble this table in a few months. I want it as near perfect as possible, and will be willing to pay to get it that way.

Thanks in advance, Mike

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
Need a can of penetrating oil maybe, mainly for the aluminum casting little screws and nuts might be rusted.

I would take the 18 bolts loose and flip the top over in one piece then comp[letely tak it apart.

5\32-3\16 for the pocket screws
9\16 socket for the 18 rail bolts

Watch out for hidden screws in the ball box area typical spot fo rthem to get painted or hidden.

Slate should have pins in it DO NOT lift straight up with ther slate use a flathead screwdriver or a chisel and slide it inbetween the slates on the side were you would see staples.

3\4" open end box wrench to take down the frame and strecher bar.

Its realy a simple table to dismantle and real joy to reassemble.
0421081902-1.jpg

DJBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you are going to have a great table. N10spool pretty much told you everything you need to know. They come apart pretty easy doing it the way he describes. Yes I would replace the cushions.
Don

Markuster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PM sent

I have a .pdf copy of the manual for Anniversary tables. If anyone wants a copy, PM me with your email address and I'll send it your way.

Markus

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I just purchased a Brunswick Anniversary table. The current owner of this table thinks it has been in its current location since being purchased new. He bought the house in 1973 and the table came with the house. He has never had the table recovered, and thinks it has only been recovered once or twice since it was new.

Should I plan on having new rubber installed when I have it
reassembled?

Any other things I should replace or upgrade when I have the table apart?

If I have to disassemble this table myself do you have any pointers so I do not damage anything. Or any links showing me a breakdown of this table.

I also need a recommendation on a top notch table mechanic to recover and reassemble this table in a few months. I want it as near perfect as possible, and will be willing to pay to get it that way.

Thanks in advance, Mike

If the cushions are in good condition, and they're Monarch cushions, unless you plan on changing the pocket openings, I'd keep the cushions that are on the table as originals.

Glen

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank You

I want to thank everyone for the correct information, and the help. It is greatly appreciated.

Glen, How would I know if they are Monarch cushions? Did the originals use staples?

What is the stock pocket openings on this table? I would like 4.5" pockets but anything close is good, and original may be better as I would like this table to play as close as possible to the way it was designed to play.

Also is there any way to tell what year this table was built?

Markuster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're welcome!

These table were not usually marked with a date, and have no serial numbers. Around 1961 when the Gold Crown came out, they switched to Formica Rails (like I have.)

HeadRail.jpg

The earlier tables had a rectangular nameplate like this:

np5b.jpg

Although I've seen pictures of at least one table with solid wood rails (rosewood) with the later nameplate.

atthecat has great pictures of an unrestored Anniversary he's trying to sell here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=131233

Got any pictures of yours?

Markus