MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anything except rap and hiphop. I'd rather listen to polka.

Likes (in no particular order): Aerosmith, Nazereth, Scott era AC/DC, Black Sabath, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, CCR, The Who, BTO, The Stones, Queen, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Allman Brothers, Little Feat, pre-crash Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, April Wine, Rush, Johnny Cash, The Vines, [some] Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver, Pearl Jam, Collective Soul, ZZ Top, Nirvana, Gomez, early Rod Stewart, Mott The Hoople, Eagles, Kansas, Jethro Tull, Queen's Of The Stone Age, Metallica, Deep Purple, etc., etc., etc.

Cheers,
MR. G

Richm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
song

Ilike to play to Radar love by golden earring, somthing about it gets me going.

yankeepapa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
music

Full disclosure: Old White Guy here.

I prefer silence. Tolerate softly played blues or light classical. Something you couldn't or wouldn't dance to.

Military and motorcycle experience were not kind to my hearing, so much contemporary songwriting is lost on me.

An exception is BuckCherry's paean to Paris Hilton, "Crazy *****", to which I was introduced one bleary league night, at 105db. While down on a difficult nine ball. Which I dogged.

The tune is catchy, the band tight and the singer's diction excellent, tho not quite there with Warren Zevon or Harry Chapin.

When this or similar music comes on the juke box, the inner banger, which I've spent years suppressing, emerges.

Warp speed IS pocket speed.

Riding the cash is somehow...right.

Hmmm...no wonder I'm exhausted after a league night.

pete

Slickstick9

Play on
Silver Member
I have my computer loaded with good tunes. My favorites are up beat stuff to catch a groove. I also play some concert DVDs. Try Joe bonnamasa live at royal Albert hall. F&$?king awesome. Tower of power, Chicago old stuff, blood sweat and tears. Stevie ray Vaughn. But my favorite when I need a lift I play Vince guraldi. He was the piano for the peanuts. The best.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah well, I'am another old white guy here who still rides a motorcycle. Because of my age and where I grew up, it's Doo-Wop.

The best you can find still working today is Kenny Vance and the Planotones. One track and I'am back on the corner under a shot out streetlight, Triumph at the curb. It's that good.

On the down side I retired to Virginia. You can't find decent bagels, pizza or doo-wop anywhere south of Philly.

14oneman

Straight, no chaser!
Silver Member
What do y'all like to listen to when you play pool?

I'm old school. The clicking of the balls is all the "music" I care to hear. I don't like any music playing when I'm shooting pool, and I'm a professional musician.

I can't understand how anybody can relax and concentrate on playing, with background noise or music.:shrug:

Jodacus

Shoot...don't talk
Silver Member
Anything

Old white guy....

who goes along with anything quietly in the background and loves the whole place watching him play!

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
Anything but rap....anything....
Favorites?
Black Keys
Rolling Stones
The Black Crows
AC/DC
Anything Rock and Roll or MoTown...No Country or Rap or Death Metal please...
and not at a level where I cannot hear myself think either...
I'm asking a lot aren't I? LOL... :grin-square:
Clint

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
I listen to the Mancave Daily Radio from Radio.com. It's a good mix of lots of differently types of music. But nothing "girly". Like right now I'm listening to it at work. I just listened to Snoop Dog "The Next Episode", before that was The Foo Fighters "Best of You", right now it is The Cars "Candy-O" and next is Led Zepplin "Kashmir" and then Foster the People "Pumped up Kicks". Good mix of music if you ask me. I don't get tired of it and it's something that can be on in the background without me having to pay too much attention to it.

Here is the link:

http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPlayer.php?version=1.2.12315&station=151

R,

Greg

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check and see what major league batters listen too while they are waiting for the pitch, or what Tiger is listening too while addressing the ball, or what that Tebow guy is listening too while winding up to throw a pass. Yep, I'm an old guy and I prefer silence. I listen too my choices while relaxing in my chair sipping a martini.

Dave Nelson

bankshotbo

Ex-Pat
Silver Member
I prefer a good jukebox. Nobody likes the same tunes and when playing I like a variety. I've never owned my own table so I have never been in a situation that called for me to d.j. my own music while playing pool.

GrooveShark is a good Internet site that has tons of good music. Check em out.

But if I did have to choose my own music, it would be Southern Rock, Blues and Old Country.

Play Lady Ga-Ga or Justine Beiber around me and I will kick you in the nutts!

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Usually listen to Pandora, if internet streaming isn't working well then just music on my phone.

Usually metalcore-type music, which I normally listen to - Killswitch Engage, Bullet for my Valentine, All That Remains, We Came As Romans, etc. Latest favorites are Saosin, Skylit Drive, Asking Alexandria. Nice thing about the music is it's loud and drowns out a lot of noise in the pool hall... :)

Scott