10' Centennial pool table.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It so good i'm going to leave it as is....for now. Next winter I want to buff the aluminum up and change out the cloth. Thanks for the replies, I've been looking for some time. I looked at a handful of anni's but they needed too much work. I don't have the time to restore a table right now, even the ones that are priced to move.

FYI - these were the tables the World Tournaments were played on, back
in the days when Brunswick promoted them. I've never seen one with
3 pedestals either.

Not to meddle, but the alum wasn't polished when new.

Dale

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
Wow

A B S O L U T E L Y BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Worth every cent and then some. Good luck with it.

Ron F

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's a serious pool table there, not for the faint hearted! I don't think I've ever seen a 10' Centennial with three legs. Or an Anniversary for that matter. I wonder if the table has over-sized slate (more than 1" thick). If so it could be a custom job from Brunswick, and possibly one of a kind.

That table should play as close to perfect as you can get. No funny bounces off the rails, and an even roll all the way till the ball stops. They quit using the ten footers in major tourneys in the 40's and went instead to nine foot tables. The ten foot table was used in world championships in the Greenleaf era. Competing against him were Ponzi, Seabeck, St. Jean, Layton and Rudolph among others. Caras, Crane, Cranfield and Mosconi were the young guns then!

A ten foot table like this was for the purists and only a few pool rooms of the 50's and 60's had one. The nine footers had taken over by then.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hearst_Castle_Pool_Table_by_StockWolfwood.jpg

This is the table they have at the Hearst Castle. Wish they let you play on it when you take the tour

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome table. I've never seen one with three legs. Joe Newell would be the guy to ask questions of, if you have any.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Not sure if I'll try to buff the aluminum or not. It looks really good the way it is.

I would put those pictures in the "Mechanic's Forum" here on AZ Billiards. I'm sure one of the mechanics can tell you if if is custom made or not. They will all like looking at it. Johnnyt

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I highly discourage you from buffing and high gloss polishing the AL on this table. If anything they should be dip stripped first, then scratches polished out, then re-anodized and then clear coated as originally done. This goes for all AL on the table, pocket castings, aprons and leg basings.

Last edited:

jackiestax

Banned
you might consider renting movers pads from u-haul, exceptionally rare table, wow.

Attachments

• 2975.jpg
    2975.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 789

MN Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations on the find of a lifetime. That thing is magnificent. Please be careful moving it. That slate is going to be HEAVY. As far as the aluminum goes, definately leave it as is. It looks like it's in great shape and it gives the table character. If the coating was peeling or something maybe, but not this one.

Again, congratulations!

Randy

Triplezero

Registered
I would put those pictures in the "Mechanic's Forum" here on AZ Billiards. I'm sure one of the mechanics can tell you if if is custom made or not. They will all like looking at it. Johnnyt

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'll post the pics in the "mechanics's Forum" today. I have a feeling the slate is thicker than 1".

pooladdiction

shut up and rack em
Silver Member
An absolutely unbelievable find. Congrats! So, how about an update? Where's it going? When? Who's setting it up? Thx

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'll post the pics in the "mechanics's Forum" today. I have a feeling the slate is thicker than 1".

You're probably looking at close to 2,000 pounds there. That is one big mama!