Production Cue you Swear By.....

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update to everyone:

The Mezz came in yesterday! A day early.... and yes I was anxious to play with it. So a little cue review of my thoughts after 2 hours of horsing around with it(yes I know there's a review section)

This is for all you people who said "go with a Mezz!"
How in the world did I not play with this sooner!!:cool::cool:

For the price range being spot on, it hits fantastic. j2pac you were right when you said if a modified 3/8 by 10 is the joint I'm used to..... the Mezz United or Wavy won't be far from the mark. It screws together tight! And yes he did throw in the JP's. :smile:

The finish and figure on the wood is WAY better than pictures offer. Beautiful cue, yet under the radar. A true sneaky with it's own little Mezz twist I guess you can say.

The 30" shaft will take a little adjustment, but man what a solid hit! the mx-700 is low deflection and still has that feel of a nice undoctored maple. Kamui tan soft works well on it. There's no finish after 4" of the shaft, just pure wood, which is what I'm after.

Any style of play I threw out there just felt superb. Open bridge slow deliberate. Closed bridge fast and loose. One stroking three rail positiion. Slow rolling top inside to check spin the rails...... feels great!

The butt end feels the best. It's got that 'thin' style manufacture, where the diameter is a little less than standard. Feels great in my hand, it's what I'm used to.

Feedback is just damn good, guys. Any mistakes I was making last night, I could tell were just getting into the cue a little better. It's like I can feel when anything is fundamentally off!

So wish me luck, I'm out to snap off some tournaments :killingme:

Congrats and thanks for the update.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Another for Mezz

I play custom and plain maple now, but Mezz products are excellent IMO. I have had one of their sneakies and two different shafts. All good things.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Here it is folks, the newest addition to the family.......

That little white hoppe ring at the bottom sets her off, otherwise a simple, silent assassin. The balance point is superb IMO.

Attachments

• image2 (1).jpg
    image2 (1).jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 342
  • image3 (2).jpg
    image3 (2).jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 346

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

That little white hoppe ring at the bottom sets her off, otherwise a simple, silent assassin. The balance point is superb IMO.

You'll get plenty of mileage from that cue. ;)

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Beautiful cue! I've been playing with the same Mezz EC-7 for about 10 years now and it's the only cue I've kept; gone through about 20 cues since I started playing including some custom orders through well known cuemakers.

I've been playing with the idea of picking up a Mezz sneaky too as I like the way they look and prefer wrapless cues. May I ask you what weight you ordered the cue? Also, do you know where the balance point is from the bottom of the buttcap?

May you run many racks with your new cue, enjoy!

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mr. Delaware, how is the honeymoon going with your new sidekick? ;)

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Mr. Delaware, how is the honeymoon going with your new sidekick? ;)

It makes me get on the road to play that's for sure! :smile:

Took a 2 hour road trip yesterday to an spot where I'm very unknown. Some very good players on extremely fast Valleys. Handicapped, and because I was the outsider, I had to be ranked way above my head. As I got deeper into the matches, they bumped my handicap up (saw that coming.....).

I still took 5th. :thumbup: