Pechauer Rogue review wanted
Old
  (#1)
swwyocoyote
AzB Gold Member
swwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Pechauer Rogue review wanted - 10-04-2019, 10:50 AM

Anyone got their hands on a rogue shaft and have a review to share? Been playing with the P+ pro and curious if the switch would be worth the money.

Ty

Break- Joss purpleheart Thor Hammer
Player- Pechauer JP07-Q
JB Case rugged 3x6

"Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

Last edited by swwyocoyote; 10-12-2019 at 10:05 AM. Reason: add info

bit the bullet
Old
  (#2)
swwyocoyote
AzB Gold Member
swwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond reputeswwyocoyote has a reputation beyond repute

bit the bullet - 11-02-2019, 10:03 AM

With the lack of reviews out there on the Rogue, I went "old school" and made some phone calls. This paid off really well in the end and FWIW there is some shops out there with top notch employees.

I ended up going with the 12.4 Rogue. The fit to my JP07 is pretty good overall. The shaft is maybe a .002" or so smaller. I can barely feel the difference if i try. The finish on the shaft is perfect, it has just enough sheen to look sharp but it does not glare under any of the lights i have played under. The small ferrule is nice for the familiarity when aiming.

I ran through some shot drills then played a dozen racks on 3 different nights. The feel and feedback of the hit is very comparable to the P+ pro. I did notice a slight aim change on longer shots and side spin shots.IMHO I think it plays better than the P+. I decided to change the tip to an Ultraskin M, as this is what i play the most with and I never cared for the Pechauer tips. The tip change seemed to soften the feel slightly. I ran it through the same paces a couple more nights and think the tip change was a good move for me, ymmv.

Overall i think the shaft is well worth the cost, it is not a major jump from the P+ but it is a noticeable change for the better. Comparing to the Revo 12.4, I prefer the feel of the Rogue 12.4 by a fair margin, it is not an exact comparison as the Revo was tested on a different brand cue with a different joint pin style. I will try to do some side by side testing in the future.
I have let some other players try this shaft and they have all had positive feedback. If you have any questions, ask and i will try my best to answer them. If by chance you are in my area or our paths cross, i am more than happy to let you test drive this shaft.

swwyocoyote

Break- Joss purpleheart Thor Hammer
Player- Pechauer JP07-Q
JB Case rugged 3x6

"Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

Old
  (#3)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...
Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

11-03-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwyocoyote View Post
With the lack of reviews out there on the Rogue, I went "old school" and made some phone calls. This paid off really well in the end and FWIW there is some shops out there with top notch employees.

I ended up going with the 12.4 Rogue. The fit to my JP07 is pretty good overall. The shaft is maybe a .002" or so smaller. I can barely feel the difference if i try. The finish on the shaft is perfect, it has just enough sheen to look sharp but it does not glare under any of the lights i have played under. The small ferrule is nice for the familiarity when aiming.

I ran through some shot drills then played a dozen racks on 3 different nights. The feel and feedback of the hit is very comparable to the P+ pro. I did notice a slight aim change on longer shots and side spin shots.IMHO I think it plays better than the P+. I decided to change the tip to an Ultraskin M, as this is what i play the most with and I never cared for the Pechauer tips. The tip change seemed to soften the feel slightly. I ran it through the same paces a couple more nights and think the tip change was a good move for me, ymmv.

Overall i think the shaft is well worth the cost, it is not a major jump from the P+ but it is a noticeable change for the better. Comparing to the Revo 12.4, I prefer the feel of the Rogue 12.4 by a fair margin, it is not an exact comparison as the Revo was tested on a different brand cue with a different joint pin style. I will try to do some side by side testing in the future.
I have let some other players try this shaft and they have all had positive feedback. If you have any questions, ask and i will try my best to answer them. If by chance you are in my area or our paths cross, i am more than happy to let you test drive this shaft.

swwyocoyote
Nice post

Old
  (#4)
newcuer
AzB Silver Member
newcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond reputenewcuer has a reputation beyond repute

12-23-2019, 04:34 PM

Thought I'd add my experience as I got a Rogue (12.4 radial) last Thursday.

Note, this is only the 2nd cf shaft I've hit with (I own a Revo).

I like it, but it does have more deflection than my Revo.

Just setting up a shot that uses english on my home table easily showed this. I've done this shot hundreds of times with my Revo. When I switch to the rogue, I clearly miss the shot due to deflection.

Like a lot of the cf shafts that came after the revo, if you just went by feel and its long pro taper, you would easily pick the Rogue over the Revo. But, with the deflection factor, I am staying with my Revo.

So putting the Rogue up for sale.

Last edited by newcuer; 12-23-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Old
  (#5)
Marky Mark
AzB Silver Member
Marky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond reputeMarky Mark has a reputation beyond repute

12-23-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcuer View Post
Thought I'd add my experience as I got a Rogue (12.4 radial) last Thursday.

Note, this is only the 2nd cf shaft I've hit with (I own a Revo).

I like it, but it does have more deflection than my Revo.

Just setting up a shot that uses english on my home table easily showed this. I've done this shot hundreds of times with my Revo. When I switch to the rogue, I clearly miss the shot due to deflection.

Like a lot of the cf shafts that came after the revo, if you just went by feel and its long pro taper, you would easily pick the Rogue over the Revo. But, with the deflection factor, I am staying with my Revo.

So putting the Rogue up for sale.
With performance, fit and finish unmatched - I have stayed loyal to Predator. No other company to date is at Predatorís level. Even Mezz (at the minimum) could not equal the Revoís performance with their Ignite shaft. Fact is, some people have switched backed to their WX700 or EX PRO because there was no gain in performance.

Player: Predator Blak 3-3
Shafts: 12.4 & 12.9 Revo
Breaker: BK Rush
BK Rush test shots: https://youtu.be/v0dlf8-jcLM

Old
  (#6)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

12-26-2019, 10:10 AM

I have the 11.8mm myself for about 3 months now but haven't been able to try it out yet due to my back issues. I do have a feeling I'll be switching tips on it myself soon after I get to actually play with it.

I've really enjoyed the Predator victory soft that's been on my Revo the past 3 years.

Old
  (#7)
Scothron
AzB Silver Member
Scothron has a reputation beyond reputeScothron has a reputation beyond reputeScothron has a reputation beyond reputeScothron has a reputation beyond reputeScothron has a reputation beyond reputeScothron has a reputation beyond reputeScothron has a reputation beyond reputeScothron has a reputation beyond reputeScothron has a reputation beyond reputeScothron has a reputation beyond reputeScothron has a reputation beyond repute

01-28-2020, 01:12 AM

I have tried many of the cf shafts, and I always have gone back to my Jacoby black. That was until I tried the rogue I got in this week. I really like it, personally feel it’s every bit as good as any other cf shaft if not better. Not to say it has less deflection than revo or whatever, just that it seems to have a great balance between low deflection without sacrificing feel and hit. My only problem is I got a 30” shaft and I use 29”. So I will be selling it ASAP and buying a 29”. I would say anyone should feel confident buying the rogue. I’ve already had a couple people I shoot with get with me about ordering one for themselves.

Old
  (#8)
localredhead
AzB Silver Member
localredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond reputelocalredhead has a reputation beyond repute

01-29-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post

I've really enjoyed the Predator victory soft that's been on my Revo the past 3 years.
Being that it's 3 years old is it still a "soft" tip ?

• Current: BeCue 60" w/ 12mm prime shaft
    Backup: McDermott H550C w/ Meucci UW Pro 31" shaft
    Break: OB jump break
    other: BMC Pro Series 1
    other: OB-1824 w/ OB +1/+2 shafts
    other: JPUSA 2007

Old
  (#9)
h.anderson3914
AzB Bronze Member
h.anderson3914 is on a distinguished road

02-12-2020, 02:45 PM

I have a rogue. 30 inch, 12.8mm. It shoots really well. Doesn't have the ping sound from Revo. It has a small ferrule which helps with sighting and tip changes. I had a custom build with 3/8x10 pin.

So far my only issue is one of perhaps personal preference... I'm not a fan of the tip it came with (pechauer gold m). I'm switching back to a Tiger.

Considering my desired specs, I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#10)
HueblerHustler7
JackHammer
HueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond repute

02-27-2020, 05:13 PM

How is the taper compare to the cynergy? Is it less aggressive? I love my Cynergy but may feel like I may have more control with my bridge with something not as aggressive. Also does it deflection more or less than the cynergy or around the same would be fine? And yes I have owned both Revo's loved them but just like the cynergy better feel wise.

'To err is human; to forgive, divine.'
Alexander Pope 1688-1744

PLAYER:
"Kodama" Meaning Tree Spirit
2020 Guerra, Braz/thyua Jane
12.4 REVO

"Yari" Meaning Spear
2020 Predator BLAK 4-1
12.4 REVO

Retired/sold:
2012 Guerra
2016 Hills Cue x2
2012 Sugartree
2013 Deviney sneaky
2012 Jon Spitz
2010 Jon Spitz
90's Huebler

Some production cues Mezz sneaky and axi, predator sp2 revo.

BREAK
Darren Hill J/B
Modified Cynergy shaft.

Old
  (#11)
h.anderson3914
AzB Bronze Member
h.anderson3914 is on a distinguished road

02-29-2020, 02:12 PM

I haven't shot with a Cynergy, but from what I can see it has a straight taper. The rogue has a slow rise taper. Just from a picture of the Cynergy, the rogue has a "less aggressive" taper...but I'm no expert. From the listings for Rogue:

12.4 has a 16 inch slow-rise taper
12.8 has a 12 inch slow-rise taper

I'm a huge fan of my 12.8! Don't know how helpful that is...

Old
  (#12)
HueblerHustler7
JackHammer
HueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond reputeHueblerHustler7 has a reputation beyond repute

02-29-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.anderson3914 View Post
I haven't shot with a Cynergy, but from what I can see it has a straight taper. The rogue has a slow rise taper. Just from a picture of the Cynergy, the rogue has a "less aggressive" taper...but I'm no expert. From the listings for Rogue:

12.4 has a 16 inch slow-rise taper
12.8 has a 12 inch slow-rise taper

I'm a huge fan of my 12.8! Don't know how helpful that is...

Thank you for your feedback! Just trying to get some more into before making the jump.

'To err is human; to forgive, divine.'
Alexander Pope 1688-1744

PLAYER:
"Kodama" Meaning Tree Spirit
2020 Guerra, Braz/thyua Jane
12.4 REVO

"Yari" Meaning Spear
2020 Predator BLAK 4-1
12.4 REVO

Retired/sold:
2012 Guerra
2016 Hills Cue x2
2012 Sugartree
2013 Deviney sneaky
2012 Jon Spitz
2010 Jon Spitz
90's Huebler

Some production cues Mezz sneaky and axi, predator sp2 revo.

BREAK
Darren Hill J/B
Modified Cynergy shaft.

Old
  (#13)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...
Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

04-03-2020, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnice37 View Post
I have the 11.8mm myself for about 3 months now but haven't been able to try it out yet due to my back issues. I do have a feeling I'll be switching tips on it myself soon after I get to actually play with it.

Any more comments on the 11.8? Thanks.

Old
  (#14)
TEAM SLO
AzB Silver Member
TEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Thighs View Post
My son and I have the 11.8 and 12.4, sound on hit is very different but may be due to tip.

We use the 12.4 now but want to give the 11.8 a go on the 3 cushion table once we get a chance to get out n about.

The 11.8 shaft is conical instead of the pro taper like on the 12.4 if that makes any difference to folks.

Old
  (#15)
BigBoof
AzB Silver Member
BigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Thighs View Post

If you are hoping for a pro taper, small tip, your choice is the 12.0 Becue. I have one and a Jacoby Black. Even though the Black has a slightly larger tip, 12.3mm, the long taper makes it play like a much thinner shaft. Through your bridge, the Becue feels quite a bit thicker.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: