Advice on a Cuetec Cynergy 15k

The Hulk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking at getting a Cuetec Cynergy 15k shaft. There's really only one real cue shop around and I don't remember seeing this shaft in the store, so I don't know if I can actually hit it to get a feel.

This is the one I'm looking at:
https://www.seyberts.com/cuetec-cues/cuetec-13-941-cynergy-svb-gen-one-black-cue/

The shaft is $399, which essentially means I'm paying $150 for the butt. I'm not exactly excited about just an all black cue. Do you think I'm better off with the butt paired for this shaft by the manufacturer? Would you look for a $150-175 cue to pair the butt with? Would you stick to orders where you can order them together like this one?
https://www.budgetcues.com/cuetec-pool-cue-ct454.htm

I was in a similar situation a few months ago...I purchased a Cuetec Cynergy shaft used with a radial joint for a steal. But it didn’t look, match, or fit very well diameter wise with the only radial butt I had. I decided to purchase a Dale Perry cue from eBay to use with the shaft. It cost me around $150 and it matches my Cynergy perfectly.

I think the combo looks pretty good together and I get a lot of compliments on it . If you are patient and keep checking eBay you can find decent looking one for around $125. A lot of people on this forum will speak negatively about Perry EBay cues. In my opinion it is a great combo for the price...I couldn’t be happier with it.

Attachments

• E647214B-BA63-4A9C-9F10-326C590EFCDD.jpeg
    E647214B-BA63-4A9C-9F10-326C590EFCDD.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

sifu

Registered
Here is a review thats not bad.
The threaded end of the shaft is ONE size only: 21.35 mm.
On a normal wood shaft, you could 'feather' the shaft to the butt.
I doubt you can do that with carbon fiber.
Good luck making it fit any other butt except cuetec.
Good luck.
Look for a place to buy that allows returns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbT0-beOQIU

This was my biggest concern.

Along the way, if anyone had opinions on joint type (implex, etc) joint pins (radial, 5-16, etc) or other tips, I'm all ears, but, I was really worried about joint diameter and getting it to flush up well.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
First, a kamui is not an upgrade from any other tip on the market imo, just more expensive to cover their enormous advertising budget.
Secondly, I agree with the previous poster who believes putting a cf shaft on a nice custom cue looks like crap.
CF shafts look like crap imo. That being said, I recently purchased a used svb gen 1 because I noticed my normal player was warped beyond belief. All my cues were custom with solid maple shafts and I never switched to LD.
I could not be happier with my purchase. I have the ugly white butt with the sig, and will eventually get around to sanding and staining it black I imagine. This thing plays phenomenally well imo. I'm only a little over 600 Fargo, so no great player by any means but I did not expect the hit of this cue to be on par with my customs.