Loree Jon Hasson???

cuekev

Thread killer
Silver Member
Did she get a divorce and re-married. If so I am a little surprised and disappointed. I always thought that she had a strong marriage. Does any one know?

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
If it happened, it happened quick. In November 2008 she was still going by Jones at the IPT ProAm. Two months later she is divorced & remarried?!?!? I suppose she could have just been going by Jones to avoid controversy at the event.

14oneman

Straight, no chaser!
Silver Member
cuekev said:
Did she get a divorce and re-married. If so I am a little surprised and disappointed. I always thought that she had a strong marriage. Does any one know?

Wow! That would be a shocker. I thought her and Sammy were tight as well. They were certainly together a long, long time.

cuekev

Thread killer
Silver Member
I'm certainly surprised though I don't know her. Loree and and Sammy had a Billiards store together. I think it also sold Christian books. I once sent her an email question about how she held her cue and received a message back from Sammy. I know she has strong religious beliefs but that isn't a guarantee in a marriage. It's always sad to hear.

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
Divorce or remarriage doesn't change how Christian or great or nice or fan friendly a person is.

Praise the Lord... Hallelujah!

cuekev

Thread killer
Silver Member
Marissa,

I never said anything bad about her and didn't mean to. They both seem to be very nice people. I wasn't judging either of them. I am married and know how difficult it can be. I was just saying it is sad that a couple with what appeared to have a lot in common (billiards, religious beliefs and 3 children) still can't make it.

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
cuekev said:
Marissa,

I never said anything bad about her and didn't mean to. They both seem to be very nice people. I wasn't judging either of them. I am married and know how difficult it can be. I was just saying it is sad that a couple with what appeared to have a lot in common (billiards, religious beliefs and 3 children) still can't make it.
I know, Cuekev, and no one said anything bad about her. It's just that some posts mentioned it's a shame because she's a Christian or how nice she is to fans and that has nothing to do with her marriage.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuekev said:

There seemed to be "troubles" at the IPT tournament in Vegas, held July 2006. Of course, this happens sometimes in all relationships, but from what I was told -- HEARSAY -- the two of them were not speaking. :(

cuekev

Thread killer
Silver Member
I wasn't trying to stir anything up. To me they seemed to be the Paul Newman/Joanne Woodward couple of the Billiard world. A couple that seemed to have a lot in common that could weather the storms. Being married I sometimes look at other couples that have been together for a long time
and see beauty and encouragement that you can work thru the tough times.
It is hard not to feel a sense of lose when another marriage ends in divorce.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been wondering when this would come up. Loree Jon and Sammy have been divorced for some time and Sammy has remarried. He still has the store, the house, the kids, just about everything. I had a pm from someone some time back about this but hesitated to post anything, even though it's been public knowledge for some time.
The store is still called Loree Jon's Pool Tables Plus and is doing quite well still, all things considered.
Sammy and Loree Jon are on good terms and are both moving on with their lives.
I was privy to the situation almost from the beginning and it's sad to see any marriage fall. As to why, that's their business. I wish them both the best.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After some thought, and to dispel any rumors to the contrary, I was told there was no extra-curricular activity on either side. I was assured that that could and would have been forgiven and worked out. Says a lot for the character of both individuals.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I wonder if Sammy and Loree played a set for the marriage's assets. Divorce court, pool world style.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
That is sad. I did know there was some tension at the IPT. Here is a picture I took some time ago...in happier times.

3 Loree Jon, Sammy and their son.jpg

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
JAM said:
There seemed to be "troubles" at the IPT tournament in Vegas, held July 2006. Of course, this happens sometimes in all relationships, but from what I was told -- HEARSAY -- the two of them were not speaking. :(
I sat next to them for a few hours at the IPT Reno event a few months after the Vegas event, and I did not pick up on any indications of any problems between them at the time. In fact, based on their conversation and the way they were talking, I am pretty sure that at that point they were both still operating under the assumption (and still hoping) that they would be together for a long time. Sad news to hear, but it can happen to the best of them.

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poolplaya9 said:
I sat next to them for a few hours at the IPT Reno event a few months after the Vegas event, and I did not pick up on any indications of any problems between them at the time. In fact, based on their conversation and the way they were talking, I am pretty sure that at that point they were both still operating under the assumption (and still hoping) that they would be together for a long time. Sad news to hear, but it can happen to the best of them.

Well....they had already split up by that tourny. Obviously, things weren't going too good at that time.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
I know, Cuekev, and no one said anything bad about her. It's just that some posts mentioned it's a shame because she's a Christian or how nice she is to fans and that has nothing to do with her marriage.

i think he was trying to emphasize how much he thought it would be a shame if something had happened to her. in other words he's hoping that nothing has gone wrong with their marriage