Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
www.slacker.com
www.jango.com <<== No commercials
www.pandora.com

All the music you'll ever need. I switch between underground/alternative hiphop, trance, singer-songwriter, and classical. Anything with mellow beats that I can turn up enough to drown out the outside world without distractions (like crazy guitars or screaming voices).

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
www.slacker.com
www.jango.com <<== No commercials
www.pandora.com

All the music you'll ever need. I switch between underground/alternative hiphop, trance, singer-songwriter, and classical. Anything with mellow beats that I can turn up enough to drown out the outside world without distractions (like crazy guitars or screaming voices).
Cool, thanks for the links. I jam Pandora all the time and heard of Slacker but I'll have to check out Jango.

SirNoobs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also recommend Pandora radio. If you don't know what Pandora is, it's an internet music service that finds music for you with similar styles. Say if you typed in "Little Wing" by Stevie Ray Vaughn, they would play music that has that similar bluesy guitar. You said you like classic rock and on Pandora there's a classic rock genre channel that'll play stuff like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and more. It's free and ad-supported. But if you get Ad Block Plus for Firefox, you won't run into a single ad. :thumbup:

If I pool room in my house, I'd play cool/smooth jazz and blues guitar. *drools*

EDIT: I didn't realize was typing this while you were writing your reply, but Pandora is awesome.

pooladdiction

shut up and rack em
Silver Member
Justin from TAR could tell you what's on his playlist. I dig it and I think you would too. Fwiw, I played lights out when Ted Nuggent, "stranglehold" came on today. Love that tune.

framptonl

Cue It Up Lacky
Silver Member
I use Pandora as well when I am at home.

Blues is by far my favorite music to shoot to. Not just old blues but "new" stuff.

Do a station for The Black Keys on Pandora. You will get them and some of the following:

Muddy Waters
R.L Burnside
Junior Kimbrough
Jimi Hendrix
Lightnin Hopkins
Led Zepplin
and so many other good blues artists.

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gordon lightfoot,Eric clapton,lifehouse,god smack,korn,merlyn m.,kings of leon,Ray C,eagles,the who,guess who,deep purple,troggs,stevie nicks,kicks,kinks,steppen wolf,u2,Santanna,kid rock,nickleback,
I could go on for a very long time..I listen to most music,but whats listed is what I like to play to..slower beats put me to sleep..I'd rather listen to silence then country while playing..but to each their own.

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
blues. It just seems pool ish. And remember you can sing the blues but you can't sing the blahs.

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
My personal song list for my pool playing consists of the following:

Chicago Bulls Intro
Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Gonna Fly Now - Rocky Theme
How Bad Do You Want It - Tim McGraw
It's In The Way That You Use It - Eric Clapton
Hearts on Fire - John Caferty
We Are The Champions - Queen

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
My personal song list for my pool playing consists of the following:

Chicago Bulls Intro
Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Gonna Fly Now - Rocky Theme
How Bad Do You Want It - Tim McGraw
It's In The Way That You Use It - Eric Clapton
Hearts on Fire - John Caferty
We Are The Champions - Queen

You got that list on repeat? Don't you ever get tired of hearing the same 8 songs :D

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Only one thing I like to listen to when I play...

Motivational tapes by Kevin Trudeau....

j.k.

Only SRV (Stevie Ray Vaughn) for me when I play...

Jaden

Grapenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Texas Honky Tonk on Willie's Roadhouse at Sirius XM.
Longnecks clankin' and pool balls clickin'.

It just seems to go together.

Who says Whiskey bent and Hell bound is just for Junior ? haha

Nut

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
You got that list on repeat? Don't you ever get tired of hearing the same 8 songs :D

I do! Not really. That playlist helps with motivation, and helps with keeping me into a certain rythm with my training & playing regimens at the table.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This past weekend I had The Big 4 playing on DVD the entire weekend as I played. In case you are not familiar with the bands that make up the Big 4 they are Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. Awesome show.