FS: Bill Schick shaft 2011

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
For Sale: 2011 Bill Schick shaft. 29”, 4.4 oz, 13.0 mm at the tip, 13.2 mm at the ferrule/shaft interface, and 13.8 mm at 6”. The shaft is straight (a video of it rolling on my pool table can be provided). By anybody’s standards, this is a stiff shaft. The ferrule is ivory (1.1”) and tip is Moori Medium. It has a single ring (presumably nickel). The shaft is piloted with a 5/16x14 insert, 0.829” OD at the joint, and the pilot tenon is 0.500” wide. It fits standard 5/16x14 stainless steel joints, like my 1985 Joss.

The shaft was purchased earlier this year as a set of 2 shafts. These were built by Bill Schick in 2011 for Mike Gartland (Quality Cues) to be included with an Art Cantando cue, but the new Cantando owner decided not to buy them. I bought both shafts when they were offered in May. The two shafts are built and play nearly identically (except for 0.1 oz difference in weight). I do not need both. So I am offering one for someone else to enjoy. I played with both shafts for a day or so before settling on the lighter of the two. The shaft appeared to be new when I received it and still looks the same. I do not use blue chalk and it was never dinged. The shaft does not have a protective fiber pad. The Moori Medium is a great tip. Bill said it would be unusual for him to install at tip without a fiber pad, but he builds as the customer requests. He said that replacing the tip and having a fiber pad installed would be wise for protecting the ferrule (~$100 to replace).

The shaft fits the Schick cue that I am offering separately for sale. This shaft is being sold independently because it can be mated with other cues that have 5/16x14 piloted joints. It is not clear to me why someone would need or want 5 shafts for the other offering.

Price is **SOLD**, which is less than Bill charged to build it. No trades.

Last edited:

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Last call

This will be the last bump for this shaft. If it does not sell, I will keep it as a back-up.