Funny woofing stories...

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
How often does this happen to everyone here?

I was at the local banger spot, chilling out talking to a friend of mine about a match being streamed. Way over in the corner, 4 guys just getting started on BB 8 ball. The one breaking is getting frustrated that his buddy is taking so long with the rack...and exclaims loudly, loud enough to fill the pool hall with the echo...

"Rack the balls, already!!! I'll play four dollars a BALL! You wanna play four dollars a ball??.......... I play league, bro!" "Don't be scared!"

I burst into laughter! I couldn't contain myself. I jumped over there out of nowhere and took him up on it. When he declined, I took his buddies up on it. Crickets. I offered to give anyone there a 3 ball head start, 12 bucks to the plus (so cheap, I know) so long as we finish the game. Dead silence! "What happened to all that league stuff I just heard?". Where'd all that bark go?
I may have been a little off for jumping into someone's woof space, but I felt like I was jumping in on a bully about to start wailing on some non-player.....

What would y'all do? What are some of the funniest chatter stories you have? And finally......Who the hell plays exactly four dollars a ball?

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How often does this happen to everyone here?

I was at the local banger spot, chilling out talking to a friend of mine about a match being streamed. Way over in the corner, 4 guys just getting started on BB 8 ball. The one breaking is getting frustrated that his buddy is taking so long with the rack...and exclaims loudly, loud enough to fill the pool hall with the echo...

"Rack the balls, already!!! I'll play four dollars a BALL! You wanna play four dollars a ball??.......... I play league, bro!" "Don't be scared!"

I burst into laughter! I couldn't contain myself. I jumped over there out of nowhere and took him up on it. When he declined, I took his buddies up on it. Crickets. I offered to give anyone there a 3 ball head start, 12 bucks to the plus (so cheap, I know) so long as we finish the game. Dead silence! "What happened to all that league stuff I just heard?". Where'd all that bark go?
I may have been a little off for jumping into someone's woof space, but I felt like I was jumping in on a bully about to start wailing on some non-player.....

What would y'all do? What are some of the funniest chatter stories you have? And finally......Who the hell plays exactly four dollars a ball?

I am assuming this was in a bar right?

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I am assuming this was in a bar right?

Kind of, it's as close as we got to a pool hall in the area. 5 diamond Barboxes 2 Diamond 9 foot.
There is a bar, but there's also lots of space to play around the tables.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone who only has $28 bucks in their pocket???

Do you mean 32? Assuming a break and run is possible at that level of stupidity.

Why 4 dollars a ball?? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. Maybe 5 a ball, or 1 dollar a ball or... what happened to just playing per game or set? Interesting.

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just recently I was out drinking, not something I usually do with a few friends. They are far

from pool players. Some guy jumps up and challenges them to some cheap nine ball, $10

a rack. Being drunk I jumped on that, and asked for the eight! after several games he

solemnly states he should of gotten the eight, I didn't disagree with him and now he

avoids me every time I step foot in the place. Be careful who you woof to, it might be the

dog you are not looking for.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Do you mean 32? Assuming a break and run is possible at that level of stupidity.

Why 4 dollars a ball?? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. Maybe 5 a ball, or 1 dollar a ball or... what happened to just playing per game or set? Interesting.

One of the strongest moves a buddy of mine puts on people is barking weird $$$ games. Instead of playing playing $100 a game you play $125. Most people will quite on increments of $100. So instead of beating him out of 3 games for $300 you beat em out of 4 for $500. Who wants to quit at $375?!

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Just recently I was out drinking, not something I usually do with a few friends. They are far

from pool players. Some guy jumps up and challenges them to some cheap nine ball, $10

a rack. Being drunk I jumped on that, and asked for the eight! after several games he

solemnly states he should of gotten the eight, I didn't disagree with him and now he

avoids me every time I step foot in the place. Be careful who you woof to, it might be the

dog you are not looking for.

I like stories like those! Busting people that are looking to bust me or my friends. :thumbup:

If a player beats me after I offer weight, then good on 'em. He did what he should have to get that money. I've given weight to people I later found out I needed the orange crush from. I've taken weight from......oh wait...... nobody.

If I can't beat you, the problem isn't that the game's not fair. The problem is I need to get better at the game we are playing.

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of mine that has a pretty sporty game was visiting in NC and his friend just likes to show wads of money around and challenge all shooters for 9 Ball $100 a rack. The second poolroom he went into that evening, he stood overlooking a group of busy tables and yelled "My boy here will play anyone 9 ball for $100 a rack."
Just them a small voice piped up from a hidden booth and said "I'll try you some." They turned around and it was Nick Varner walking toward them carrying a cue case.
Moral of the story... a big bark can sometimes call out the big dog. (they declined to play Nick)

I know Nick to be a very nice person.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Late night at the State 8 ball tournament. A friend comes up to me and says the "Joe" just came in and announced that he would play anybody for any amount and any race.

Friend says that he might challenge him to a race to 20 for a $1.

I bet he would decline.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
A friend of mine that has a pretty sporty game was visiting in NC and his friend just likes to show wads of money around and challenge all shooters for 9 Ball $100 a rack. The second poolroom he went into that evening, he stood overlooking a group of busy tables and yelled "My boy here will play anyone 9 ball for $100 a rack."
Just them a small voice piped up from a hidden booth and said "I'll try you some." They turned around and it was Nick Varner walking toward them carrying a cue case.
Moral of the story... a big bark can sometimes call out the big dog. (they declined to play Nick)

I know Nick to be a very nice person.

:thumbup:
Sounds like your good shootin' friend had someone there that may have been doing a bit much barking! Nick always struck me as having a great personality.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

The most it can cost is $28 ....to win, you need eight balls.

....saw Ronnie Wiseman make 5 solids on the break once...
...then he ran out on stripes.....would've cost the other guy $8.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The most it can cost is $28 ....to win, you need eight balls.

....saw Ronnie Wiseman make 5 solids on the break once...
...then he ran out on stripes.....would've cost the other guy $8.

×4

×8

Or are we missing something?

You're sayin how many are left × $4 not how many are made × $4......never played by the ball before

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
×4

×8

You're sayin how many are left × $4 not how many are made × $4......never played by the ball before

It would only be 32 if you made just one solid or one stripe on the break and took that one and ran out. You are correct on your math though. I'm not sure where the 28 came from either.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

×4

×8

I think I created a misunderstanding here.....I have gambled this way....
...and I suspect Bmore has also.
You pay for every ball you have STILL on the table at the end of the game.

This doesn't make you guys wrong....I made an assumption based on my personal experience.

Sorry, gentlemen.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It would only be 32 if you made just one solid or one stripe on the break and took that one and ran out. You are correct on your math though. I'm not sure where the 28 came from either.

If the loser has to pay for every ball the winner made....
...then $4 a ball is sorta meaningless....you are playing for $32 a game.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the loser has to pay for every ball the winner made....
...then $4 a ball is sorta meaningless....you are playing for $32 a game.

Thanks for clarifying. I knew that something was off.

I play snooker occasionally and we gamble on high runs or pay X amount per point. That makes no sense in this situation counting balls made.

Last edited:

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I was 17 an out of town player came in and told me he'd play me some money pool if I wanted to bet a dime a game. I was hitting them good but I wasn't a high roller. Then he went on and I found out he really meant $0.10 per game...

I think I won a dollar.