Anyone use a Lambros cue

odshot68

Registered
I currently own a P2 cue and thought about investing in a custom cue; I have heard wonderful things regarding a lambros cue. Does anyone own one (anyone in the midwest) and what type of feedback can you give regarding the new Ultra joint with the hit and feel. Will a cue like this help to elevate your game and if so why? Thanks.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
They are a fine, well made cue.
As far as elevating your game...a new ferrule & Sniper tip on your current cue would probably help more. You can race up any cue you own to play better...next time Gerda unscrews her cue on TV...look carefully...its a big pin (one of a kind) in her Pred. instead of the Unilock.;)

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Varney,

Just wondering how a new ferrule would increase performance?
Also I use a Moori Medium and really like it.What is it that you like about the Sniper?

Or perhaps it's just that particuliar sniper/ new ferrule marriage combo that you find so sweet.Meaning that the sniper/ new ferrule combo would be more compatible to the hit, than say a Moori/new ferrule combo would be.

Any comments appreciated.

Take care,
RJ

Last edited:

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
odshot68 said:
I currently own a P2 cue and thought about investing in a custom cue; I have heard wonderful things regarding a lambros cue. Does anyone own one (anyone in the midwest) and what type of feedback can you give regarding the new Ultra joint with the hit and feel. Will a cue like this help to elevate your game and if so why? Thanks.
I would like to respond to the part of your post regarding Lambros cues; IMO, they are a very well built, great hitting cue. Very stiff shafts. Long, razor sharp points that go along with a very nice fit/finish. Everyone that has ever hit with mine liked the hit. You will not go wrong buying one. Plus, they hold their value very well.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
odshot68 said:

I have a Lambros sneaky and I do live in the Midwest. The cue hits very nice. I think it is older and does not have the new Ultra joint. However, I would give the Lambros a thumbs up. Plus, as someone else mentioned, it does not seem like a bad investment.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
odshot68 said:

I have a new Lambros with the Ultra Joint II. Beautiful cue. The feel and hit are outstanding, but that's just my opinion. The Ultra Joint II is one of the best engineered joint solutions in the game.

Will it help to elevate your game? Only if the hit and balance (among other characteristics) are better suited for you and your game than what you've got now.

As far as investments go, I assume you just mean you want to buy a custom cue. Investing in a cue for the most part isn't a great idea.

Fred

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
Hi Varney,

Just wondering how a new ferrule would increase performance?
Also I use a Moori Medium and really like it.What is it that you like about the Sniper?

Or perhaps it's just that particuliar sniper/ newferrule combo marriage that you find so sweet.Meaning that the sniper/ newferrule combo would be more compatible to the hit, than say a Moori/new ferrule combo would be.

Any comments appreciated.

Take care,
RJ
I used to be a (M) Moori player too...and loved it. The Sniper is best described as an Elkmaster, thats layered, that does not mushroom. It hits exceptionally and you can shoot some table length inside english shots that you wouldn't attempt with the Moori. The Sniper just allows you to do more and have more control of the cueball...without that horrid "tink" sound. If you have a premium ferrule then you are probably fine...but that new Iv4 & SaberT is really, really, nice...and stays clean...and bulletproof. I just hate to put a top shelf Sniper on a ferrule that could be better.;)

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Odshot, I have just got a Lambros with the improved ultra joint and it is fantastic to say the least. It screws together with such a solid fit it is hard to describe. Superb quality and may just be the best cue I have ever used. Beware though you will have to play with his shafts as he is not going to put an aftermarket shaft on there for you. He has strong feelings about that, I hope he sees this it will make him grin for sure. IMO the hit is not stiff rather just super solid and very positive with great feedback. I have only had mine for a couple months but I don't leave home without it. Definitley not interested in selling but you can contact Greg at BilliardWarehouse.com he is a great guy and an authorized distributor and also has a fantastic return and satisfaction policy.
Dan

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
odshot68 said:
I used a Lambros for a couple of years and loved it. It has stiff hit, especially with one of the Lambros laminated shafts. Mine has the original Ultra Joint, which is great, so I can only assume the the new version is even better.
Although I can't say anything bad about Lambros cues, to be totally honest, I have to tell you that I have put my Lambros aside and I am currently playing with cues from Mike Capone. For my personal taste, the Capone cues are the best I have ever used, so far.
http://www.caponecues.com/

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
NINEBALLART said:
Isn't the Sniper a lot harder than the Med. Moori???
Actually no...its "hit" is softer than a (s) or SLOW Moori. They stiffen just a bit with hours of play...but by then you love them. And no mushroom worries....as long as they are installed correctly as everyone by now knows.;)

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
Actually no...its "hit" is softer than a (s) or SLOW Moori. They stiffen just a bit with hours of play...but by then you love them. And no mushroom worries....as long as they are installed correctly as everyone by now knows.;)

Kevin, what's the trick to installing a Sniper? I install my own tips, but do not have a lathe. I've been doing it for years. I've installed plenty of layered tips, including Tiger's Everest, without a hitch. What should I beware of with the Sniper?

bells

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
layered tips?

tedkaufman said:
Kevin, what's the trick to installing a Sniper? I install my own tips, but do not have a lathe. I've been doing it for years. I've installed plenty of layered tips, including Tiger's Everest, without a hitch. What should I beware of with the Sniper?
Are tips that are layered harder to trim down by hand? :confused:

Deadon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use a sharp blade to trim the Snipers, at least as much as possible, anything else can make the layers come apart. Thats not unusual for layered tips, but Snipers seem to come apart easier, particularly if you use abrasives or even the cutter on a lathe.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
tedkaufman said:
Very hard to install one without a lathe. You need to wet the sides as its spinning and trim with a razor, held almost flat with the ferrule, trimming out from the ferrule to the tip. I simply can't imagine putting on a Sniper without a lathe. In fact...I'll say 90+% are ruined as they are installed. I see a LOT of Sniper hack jobs...and they'll play horrible...as the layers are already trying to seperate. When installed correctly...it has no equal.;)