Brunswick Superspeed Cushions

jim_vielee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has the quality gotten any better with the Brunswick Superspeed Cushions? I'm needing my cushions replaced on my Brunswick table.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Has the quality gotten any better with the Brunswick Superspeed Cushions? I'm needing my cushions replaced on my Brunswick table.
Question: Are there better cushions available for a Brunswick than Superspeed's?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The answer to that question is no.

But i will piggyback on this...maybe glen can give his thought on:
If you feel your k55 table is slow with superspeeds, and yours dont feel dried out, the diamond k55 (diamond black? Black diamond?) Cushions do play a bit faster than superspeeds and are cheaper too, IIRC.

Might be worth looking into, yaknow?

jim_vielee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you feel your k55 table is slow with superspeeds, and yours dont feel dried out, the diamond k55 (diamond black? Black diamond?) Cushions do play a bit faster than superspeeds and are cheaper too, IIRC.

As long as I can get 4 1/2 to 5 table lengths from the head spit with these new superspeeds then I'm good with that.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question: Then Superspeed's are the best cushion on all brands of tables or just Brunswicks?

Dear Mr. RAM Shot:

There is no "best".

I see you are attempting to temper your desire for absolute anwsers. My younger daughter is like that...everything has to be measured or quantified.
I dont tell her this, but i will tell you- stfu with that shit. It is a fruitless pursuit, at best. It comes off as a pas/aggessive attempt to paint respondants into a corner.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it FAST on a diamond. I think you should be more than happy with new superwpeeds.

Heck I overrun 1 rail positions a lot.

Whats fast? The HR? We are talking a different table here and diamonds are known for having notably mkre rebound than brnswks.

l feel the rail/ bed speed is disproportionate on the diamonds, havin grlwn up on the GCs

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Here's the thing most of you seem to fail to understand, the superspeed cushions are made to the same specs from one set to the next, yet can definitely play different from one table to the next....why is that? Is it the cushions, or the sub rail design that creates the difference in playability? Yet, all of you who judge how the cushions play, good or bad....fail to understand the separation between the two....cushions.....sub rails, then ask if they can be installed on other tables, then comment that the Diamond black cushions play faster....hmmmm, on which sub rail design to they play faster than superspeeds? I'll tell you this, when i calibrate a set of rails to fit the superspeed cushions, i get 5 times the length of the table and 9 rails around....so, are you says the Diamond blacks get more distance, get there faster, I'm lost, please explain.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I go to a room sometimes tha has the diamond cushions on gcrowns and those tables play very differently than the tables aroind them, also gcs and presumably oem cushions.

I have never attempted max distance on em, but will try to remembet to do so next time through.

The diamond black cushioned tables are notably more lively off the rails...and presumably in total distance, therefore.
Here's the thing most of you seem to fail to understand, the superspeed cushions are made to the same specs from one set to the next, yet can definitely play different from one table to the next....why is that? Is it the cushions, or the sub rail design that creates the difference in playability? Yet, all of you who judge how the cushions play, good or bad....fail to understand the separation between the two....cushions.....sub rails, then ask if they can be installed on other tables, then comment that the Diamond black cushions play faster....hmmmm, on which sub rail design to they play faster than superspeeds? I'll tell you this, when i calibrate a set of rails to fit the superspeed cushions, i get 5 times the length of the table and 9 rails around....so, are you says the Diamond blacks get more distance, get there faster, I'm lost, please explain.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The answer to that question is no.

I totally agree with this...not that the our guru needs any affirmation.
We have three GC Is in our place with original rubber...they play half length slower than new...
...but they play better than a Gold Crown One that is on it's third Super Speed set.

Brunswick needs a consultant that has a clue.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Question: Are Superspeed's good cushions on other brands of tables or just Brunswicks?

Superspeed are good cushions for any table, provided the rails have been properly modified to accept them.

The same can safely be said about Artemis and Klematch as well.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I totally agree with this...not that the our guru needs any affirmation.
We have three GC Is in our place with original rubber...they play half length slower than new...
...but they play better than a Gold Crown One that is on it's third Super Speed set.

Brunswick needs a consultant that has a clue.

Seems like I'm constantly telling people that the new superspeed K55 cushions or any other modern K55 cushions will never play to their peak performance unless the sub rails are modified to the correct specs to accept the different K55 profile cushions. BRUNSWICK changed the original K55 profile cushions from the 1 1/8" wide K55 profile to a 1 1/4" K55 profile....just because a stupid so called pool table mechanic could glue the newer profile cushions on the rails....that don't make them play right, they just make the balls rebound of the cushions and that'sall the smarter the mechanic is...."the balls rebound....i FIXED the rails"....LMAO

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Superspeed are good cushions for any table, provided the rails have been properly modified to accept them.

Wrong, apples to oranges, but if you really played pool you'd know that, sorry for correcting you, but you ARE wrong.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Wrong, apples to oranges, but if you really played pool you'd know that, sorry for correcting you, but you ARE wrong.

Let me give you just one example of you being wrong. If you take the cue ball and shoot it the cull length of the table dead down the middle and contact the center diamond on the foot rail with either extreme 9 or 3 o'clock english/spin, you'll be able to come off the cushion at a greater angle rebounding off the Artemis cushions than you ever will coming off the superspeed cushions, why is that? Try shortening up a bank shot on the klematch P59 K55 profile cushions, good luck. Why do you think billiards cushions are so dense, so hard, in fact so hard that if you stretch the rail cloth with a pair of pliers and place a staple right next to the nose of the pliers, the nose of the cushions won't show any signs of dimpling? No, superspeed cushions don't play anywhere near what Artemis or Klematch cushions, for pool, they play better period.