$1,300/Hr I should have been a pool table mover

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$650 for literally 30 minutes of work? Works out to $1,300 and hour to power tool the 4 legs off store them into the bottom of the table and tip the table onto a dolly and wheel it 11 feet. Glen, maybe if you could explain why the F this costs so much. Do you really need certified Diamond guys to move a Diamond? I'm not in the mood for coy questions, is it absolutely necessary or not?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
$650 for literally 30 minutes of work? Works out to $1,300 and hour to power tool the 4 legs off store them into the bottom of the table and tip the table onto a dolly and wheel it 11 feet. Glen, maybe if you could explain why the F this costs so much. Do you really need certified Diamond guys to move a Diamond? I'm not in the mood for coy questions, is it absolutely necessary or not?

What???

So let me get this straight, you paid $650 to move a table 11ft and releveled?

Trent from Toledo

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Sorry if I'm being coy...but you got a quote for $650?...or you already paid $650? It's moving 11 feet to a new location in your house?...or out the door to a new place or into storage? And I assume this is a little table ?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Sorry if I'm being coy...but you got a quote for $650?...or you already paid $650? It's moving 11 feet to a new location in your house?...or out the door to a new place or into storage? And I assume this is a little table ?

We are definitely not getting all the details. Hard to say anything for sure until we get the exact details.

Trent

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To do the work- $50. The warm-n-fuzzy feeling knowing its "Certified"- $600. In all seriousness sounds like you got hoodwinked.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
To do the work- $50. The warm-n-fuzzy feeling knowing its "Certified"- $600. In all seriousness sounds like you got hoodwinked.

$50 seems awful light to me. What if the people with the moving equipment are an hour away and its a 2 man team????
We cant really comment on the value unless we know all of the details.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or setting it back up.

As far as I can tell, it's still on its side.

Yes sir, I mean it rained the next day too, its under a patio roof, but moisture still a factor (I imagine.) Just got the text, they are at my house to put it back as I type.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Yes sir, I mean it rained the next day too, its under a patio roof, but moisture still a factor (I imagine.) Just got the text, they are at my house to put it back as I type.

I charge $300 for a one piece set up. Having to come back would be another charge. $650 is steep. If they are the only ones with a Diamond Cart in the area: Supply and demand comes into play.

Trent

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I could have left out the sarcasm. I paid the $650. Its a Diamond Pro-Am 8'. They moved it from my living room to just outside my sliding glass door (a few steps). Its under an aluminum roof, but not an enclosed space and it rained the next day. Its been out there 5 or 6 days. (Its back in now.)

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I charge $300 for a one piece set up. Having to come back would be another charge. $650 is steep. If they are the only ones with a Diamond Cart in the area: Supply and demand comes into play.

Trent

Okay I got the S&D aspect. They did show twice, so ya know...

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond,like most corporations, engaged in price fixing. I own a room and want to buy tournament used Diamonds from 30 minutes away and again in April from Super Billiards Expo. The sales manager directs me to a dealer from New Hampshire. We have bought used tables before abd moved them ourselves. So for now they won't get my next 40k purchase. I will wait and buy used from a failed pool hall for half the price. 2 years ago the manager was more than accomadating. They have sold exclusive regional contracts to dealers. Kind of like the "let me go see my sales manager"trick at the car lot.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What???

So let me get this straight, you paid $650 to move a table 11ft and releveled?

Trent from Toledo

Buy furniture movers for $10, jack table up with car jack to put them under the legs and slide it anywhere you like.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You did this to replace flooring??

There's a way around things... Egyptians built pyramids on man power alone.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I know why they charged you $650.

Do tell! I would never bad mouth my buddies amazing company (I didn't realize the work would be farmed out, I also didn't realize they were just gonna leave it my backyard) and I agreed without really thinking about it.