Silver Member
New scan is today long comingggg.

mridogs-inline.jpg

;)

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good vibes coming your way...i sure hope you get good results...i am about to start 10 sessions of radiation over 2 weeks for my lung(kidney cancer metasticized into it and my lympth nodes. God Bless buddy.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definition
A positron emission tomography (PET) scan is an imaging test that allows your doctor to check for diseases in your body.

The scan uses a special dye containing radioactive tracers. These tracers are either swallowed, inhaled, or injected into a vein in your arm depending on what part of the body is being examined. Certain organs and tissues then absorb the tracer.

When detected by a PET scanner, the tracers help your doctor to see how well your organs and tissues are working.

The tracer will collect in areas of higher chemical activity, which is helpful because certain tissues of the body, and certain diseases, have a higher level of chemical activity. These areas of disease will show up as bright spots on the PET scan.

The PET scan can measure blood flow, oxygen use, how your body uses sugar, and much more.

A PET scan is typically an outpatient procedure. This means you can go about your day after the test is finished.

Good Luck Michael.... I have a buddy that is preparing for one of them, real soon...

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
michael
i hope the results show you are cancer free....:)
larry

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, Michael.. you’ll be good to go!
And work your energy back up..
so you can come out to Cali to play
some 1P:cool:

bstroud

Deceased

Michael,

Good luck with your Pet scan.

I had another Brain MRI Thursday at Mayo. It’s probably my 12th one.
Good result this time.

Unfortuanly they want me to have another Cat scan to look at a possible melanoma. Hope they find nothing.

All the best,

Bill Stroud

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prayer said. My wife went thru chemo and radiation in 2018. Her last chemo was August and then she fell and broke her wrist in January. She said the broken wrist hurt but nothing like the chemo.

Get well brother.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Prayer said. My wife went thru chemo and radiation in 2018. Her last chemo was August and then she fell and broke her wrist in January. She said the broken wrist hurt but nothing like the chemo.

Get well brother.
God bless her and you as well. Thank you.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
A cat can certainly be a pet but a CAT scan is different than a PET scan and a dog scan is a whole other procedure which many of us should get prior to playing in tournaments or serious money matches

Michael, prayers and positive thoughts being sent your way for a good results on your scan

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Michael,

Good luck with your Pet scan.

I had another Brain MRI Thursday at Mayo. It’s probably my 12th one.
Good result this time.

Unfortuanly they want me to have another Cat scan to look at a possible melanoma. Hope they find nothing.

All the best,

Bill Stroud

We'll take good news all aound, Bill ans Jay and everyone else

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When will that be Jay? Maybe Freddie and I will come join in with you and Michael. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Just remember we have a date next year. I'm coming to Florida to visit you. :clapping: