Some Tex cues

Tex-A-Cue

Registered
Hi Everybody,

I thought I'd like to share some old pics of some of my cues I built about 6 or 7 years ago. I'd like to hear what you think of them. Thanks, Tex

Attachments

• JPG Pic 2.JPG
    JPG Pic 2.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,497
  • JPG Pic 5.JPG
    JPG Pic 5.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,458
  • JPG Pic 6.JPG
    JPG Pic 6.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,497
  • JPG Pic 1.JPG
    JPG Pic 1.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,370
Last edited:

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen those veneers before, maybe on your cues...not sure. But very good stuff, points seem nice and deep too.

Just curious, why the thick phenolic collars above/below the joint? It makes the joint area look massive indeed.

-roger

MasterClass

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are the Tex in Tex cues? The diamond in the point thing cuemaker?

I heard some really good things about your cues. How about a short autobiography. I thought you no longer make cues or something.

Tex-A-Cue

Registered
buddha162 said:
I've seen those veneers before, maybe on your cues...not sure. But very good stuff, points seem nice and deep too.

Just curious, why the thick phenolic collars above/below the joint? It makes the joint area look massive indeed.

-roger
Hey Roger, The colars measure about .630 including the stitch ring, this is typical for all of my traditional cues. I have been doing them that way since 1981 when I built my first cue. I basicaly copied the specs from my Szamboti which was my Player cue at that time. It may just be a photographic effect that makes them look a little 'massive'

Thanks for noticing

Tex

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
As I said in a PM a few weeks back....I'm very intrigued by your cues and love the traditional look with the quality they seem to have. I really enjoy looking at those cues. I've heard great things about your cues and would love to get one soon. -John

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
I think they look great. I would love to see a close-up of the diamond in the points and of the verneer work.

If you're back making cues again, send me a pm and let's work on a design...

Jim

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have this one right now. Really solid playing cue and excellent craftsmanship.
Joe

Texcuecomposite.jpg
[/IMG]

Tex-A-Cue

Registered
Bamacues said:
I have this one right now. Really solid playing cue and excellent craftsmanship.
Joe

Texcuecomposite.jpg
[/IMG]
Thanks Joe, Those are great pics. That cue is actually the third from the left shown in my post. Glad you like it.
Tex

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think your cues are very nice looking
pm some details if you want to sell
i must be missing something,i think the collars look like they are supposed to

dean

Last edited:

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Hey Dean, in order to make those joint collars and rings , Tex had to make them one ring at a time or so he says .

Chris

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Everybody,

I thought I'd like to share some old pics of some of my cues I built about 6 or 7 years ago. I'd like to hear what you think of them. Thanks, Tex

bro you did a damn good job on those cues. i can't feel them so i'll assume that everything's flush under the finish. you picked really nice woods and let the wood speak for itself, nice classy ring work without being too busy.

Good looking cues bro you should be proud of those