Does anyone think Frost is favourite over Alex in the upcoming 1p $50000 match?

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
IMO Alex is on fire for sure, but Frost is a different player for the cash.

Yeah that's why it took 10 games for Alex to win the cheese in their last 8 ahead set. 10-1 Alex for $20K
Meanwhile I believe this match is really $25K not $50K, I could be wrong ;)
The only thing $50K about this match is when they both post their $25K.

gbru

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, it would be very unwise to bet against Alex !..But, I do have a few bets, on Scott having a better overall tournament, than Efren..And I still have a few $$$ left to wager, if anyones interested ? ;) Efren's always been one of my heroes, but I think he has lost a few too many steps, to compete with this crew ! (been wrong before...once !) :p

PS..I'm referring to the late June, six man Accu-stat tournament, in NJ !

I do believe that tournament was played on a 10' table Dick. Efren doesn't have much of a chance with the firepower
of the young guns on those big tables.
I think you'll see Efren do a lot better this year on the 9 footer.

scott1313

Registered
I think Scott has a slight edge in moving and picking out some tricky shots that come up playing one pocket. But Alex is no slouch when it comes to these areas and his shot making and ball running are world class. If Scott plays his normal style, power one pocket, he will have a very hard time winning.

Scott

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Frost has been bragging that he has better H2H than Alex
While Alex has momentum after his recent wins
Frost is tightening up on tight tables while Alex may be loose playing loosely

It is too close
But vincent d'onofrio will win this
:D

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah that's why it took 10 games for Alex to win the cheese in their last 8 ahead set. 10-1 Alex for $20K ...

It wasn't quite that bad. It went 16 games in about 7 hours, with Scott winning Games #5, 9, 11, and 14.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It wasn't quite that bad. It went 16 games in about 7 hours, with Scott winning Games #5, 9, 11, and 14.

It was pretty bad for me.
...I bet the over on it lasting 18 hours...
...I wuz robbed....:crying:

and I heard one-pocket was sooooo slow...:speechless:

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Alex is playing really well right now and I think he will win. However Frost is a pro player so he is never going to be a push over

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Alex is about the best "all around" player in the world today. He can play every game on every table at a super high level (snooker, any kind of rotation game, one-pocket, 8-ball, etc.).

If I was betting, I'd have to take Alex. Frost hasn't shown me as many different levels of knowledge and reliability as Alex has. Frost can bring some serious firepower at times, but I think Alex has more "pool savvy".

I'm sure it will be a good match.

Kiwis11

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both are great players and either could win any particular matchup.

Two nitpickin' points. 1st...If each side is putting up $25,000 then the match is for $25,000 not $50,000. You don't count getting your own money back as part of the winnings. This is just some kind of gambling sham to make it appear as a bigger bet than it really is. This is a $25,000 game period. 2nd...If both players have backers putting up the money...which I'm sure is the case...then how is there any pressure on the players...? They either win and walk away with a percentage of the winnings or they lose and walk away with the same amount they came in the door with and the right to complain about how the other guy just got lucky.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Two nitpickin' points. 1st...If each side is putting up $25,000 then the match is for $25,000 not $50,000. You don't count getting your own money back as part of the winnings. This is just some kind of gambling sham to make it appear as a bigger bet than it really is. This is a $25,000 game period. 2nd...If both players have backers putting up the money...which I'm sure is the case...then how is there any pressure on the players...? They either win and walk away with a percentage of the winnings or they lose and walk away with the same amount they came in the door with and the right to complain about how the other guy just got lucky.
Call it what you want but after the money is posted you got a 50k pot (the flyer clearly says 25k entry fee) winner gets the 50k loser Nada.
How they players get the post money and how the money is chopped up is their business.
And as far as the pressure goes you get up and play a set with 50k in the middle no matter if its all your money or not and see what kind of pressure you feel, this match means a lot more than just the money to Scott he wants to prove he is the best in the world.
I think that might mean even more to him than the cash.

champ fight night.jpg

Last edited:

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
8 ahead ? Isnt that a bit too much ?

7 or 8 ahead in 1P is pretty much the standard for big money. The better player always comes out on top. This match could easily go 30 hours IF, Scott brings his A-game.

If not, Alex will beat him in 10 hrs.

Scott has been playing very well lately, but nobody has played better than Alex over the last 2 months..... IMO, the odds are 3/2 Alex. No way Scott is the favorite.

My prediction : They run out of time, and pro rate with Scott slightly ahead.;)

This should be a "DON'T MISS" match, even for non 1P fans.:thumbup:

Henry W

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn't it pretty much a safe bet to say that Scott dumped on that $20K match...?

Why would someone put this on a public forum? Please offer some proof such as Scott or Alex told you it was a dump. You have no idea what happened. All you know is Alex won, I can see how you would think it strange that Alex who is maybe the best money player in the world could only win if it was a dump.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is like questioning the Cult of Southwest Cues on here. Now you're in for it, LMAO :rotflmao1:

I doubt if either guy hasn't put up at least a portion of the "entry" to get a bigger return on the amount of time & effort they are going to have to put in for an 8-ahead match.

Looking forward to watching it. The 1P stream out of NOLA two weeks ago was excellent.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it the consensus that these are the two best one pocket players in the world? I know Corey Deuel has very much improved his 1 pocket game over the years. How would he fare against these guys?

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
Is it the consensus that these are the two best one pocket players in the world? I know Corey Deuel has very much improved his 1 pocket game over the years. How would he fare against these guys?

2:1 dog against Alex; 3:2 dog against Scott? Wild ass guess. Corey is creative but in a long set, I like either of these two.