Still looking for carom cue

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had been wanting a Longoni cue, after much research and deliberation I finally got one (Sultan model) and it was not to my expectations, returned it. I might have just got a dud cue, there were issues with the shafts and tips, so hard to tell. My buddy's Longoni hits great, if I could replicate that I'd be happy.

Since then I've narrowly missed out on buying two other models (Intuition and Masai), timing had not been in my favor. It's like the universe is conspiring against me owning one... :) Which is unfortunate, I am mostly a pool player but love 3C as well, and since this cue experience in April I've only played 3C once. I had really planned on getting back into and playing more regularly once I got my cue.

Anyone out there have a line on a nice Longoni? Kozoom now has a 3 - 4 month wait, just crazy. I also saw the Molinari and tried that when I played with Stan a little while ago, it hit decently. I'm hesitant to just try some random model without knowing how it plays, I know I've come across some used Dieckmans, Schulers, etc. Thankfully when I got my Longoni from Kozoom I was able to return it and it only cost me shipping each way and I wasn't stuck with something I didn't like. With pool equipment I'll take more of chance since the resale is easier, much larger market.

Scott

John B

Registered
Scottjen26

I own a Longoni Vintage Master 3, with unilock joint and I think it plays really well. I watched the Blomdahl video mentioned about the Molonari cue which was listed on the Forum. Then I went to replicate what he was talking about. I was playing on a new Royal Pro cloth and had no trouble coming close to exacuting the same shots he was demonstrating in the video. The deflection is much less than the custom carom cues I had made for me here in the states. I'm a .400 - .500 player and better equipment helps but profession instruction is the key to elevating my game but I don't have the time or money for that at 72 and on a fixed income.