G2 Tips vs Zan Tips

jim_vielee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking to try one of these 2 tips, but at $20 plus per tip I'm just looking for some fees back on these. Thanks

PocketPooler

Silver Member
I'm looking to try one of these 2 tips, but at $20 plus per tip I'm just looking for some fees back on these. Thanks

I have a G2. Hits firm, but grabs alot. Used to have an Everest on the cue. Not sure which i like better. The G2 grabs too much and gives me too much swerve or squirt or whatever the hell you want to call it on my 9' table. (I usually use triangle on the shaft for my Gold crown). But on bar tables (7' and 8') without simonis, i like the G2 alot

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i use g2 soft and moori soft
love them both
check your pm

DirtyJersey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i prefer g2 medium tips. You definitely get a lot of action from the g2's, but they do wear quicker than any tip I've had. The zan is also a good tip but they tend to run harder than other tips. The medium has a good hit but is a bit pingy if you know what i mean. The zan medium is more like a g2 hard. If I were to go with a zan I would get the soft, but I think g2 and zan are the top 2 choices for layered tips and you can't go wrong with either one.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been using a G2 hard for a while and I find them ok.
My main criticism is that I keep having to scuff it, I use the Kamui scuffer
all the time on those tips.
I find it very hard to find a better tip than a medium Wizard tip.
The Kamui tan medium is also good.

My favorite tips as of today are:
1. Wizard brown medium.
2. G2 Hard.
3. Kamui tan medium.
I like hard tips and all these are very similar in hardness.
Never tried the Zan.

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

I used both. G2 plays very good but once it gets old it mushroom and becomes hard.

Zan HybridMax grabs better, does not mushroom and is way better tip.

Fell of G2 is very good but it does not lats long, soon it becomes hard tip. Fell of ZAN is spongy like but let you do anything with cueball.

I think only Onyx by Tiger gets close to Zan HybridMax.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm interested in the G2 medium and Zan hybrid but I can't decide which one to get.

Get both.
Play one for a while and then play the other, using the same shaft on both.
I install my own tips so I do this kind of tests all the time.
What's a while?
The time it takes for you to break in the tip and for you to form a strong opinion on how it plays.
This can be a week, a month, 6 months....

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I highly recommend Zan tips.

I put on a medium zan on my 314 and a hybrid max on the ss360'2 about a week ago. Both play really well and hold their shape. They arent as prone to glazing as Kamuis tend to be. I slightly prefer the Hybrid out of the two, it has such a pleasant hit to it. Great tips :)

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
I can't speak on the Zan tips as I haven't played them. I can say I love G2 hard tips enough that I don't want to try anything else.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I switched from G2 hard to Zan hard last year. Very similar, both great tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I got a hybrid max on my QB and an Ultraskin medium on my other cue. Its not fair to compare them as they are different cues so I am picking up my other shaft for my QB today that I had an Ultraskin put on and I am going to compare them. I really like the hybrid max Zan tip, it hasn't mushroomed and if I miscue its because I got lazy with my chalking/pre-shot routine or put a bad stroke on it, its rare that it has happened. I have had the Zan on for about 3 weeks or so now.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer medium tips. Im looking at G2 medium or Zan Hybrid Max tips.

Ok. The Hybrid Max will feel harder than the G2 Medium,wich I would describe as a fairly soft Medium tip.
The Medium Zan tip is for me a great Medium hard tip, I find Moori M on the soft side and Kamui black on the hard side of medium.
Edit: the new Moori Jewel Malachite is also great if you like a Medium tip on the soft side.

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Played last night for a few hours with the Ultra Skin and have to say I prefer it slightly over the Zan. I like the action and control I have with the Ultra, the Zan does have a more pleasant hit though.