One Pocket...what would you do?

Quatsch83

Learner
Silver Member
Hawaiian Jimmy has the answer....do you?

onepocketshot.png

Edit: Oh and perhaps I should say his hole is on the bottom right.

Last edited:

Ak147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am no one pocket player but how about playing 2 ball (on far bottom side) with running side and come 2-3 cushion towards bottom right pocket.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

onepocketshot.png

meh. I hate WWYDs but this is standard fare in St Louis: whack the three, clear the udder guy's hole, swing the CB three rails, and probably make the seven in your hole.

Here, we call it a "Big Ed."

Lou Figueroa
patent pending

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
would like a better view...maybe pocket the 2 and leave whitey on the top rail.

Last edited:

Quatsch83

Learner
Silver Member
meh. I hate WWYDs but this is standard fare in St Louis: whack the three, clear the udder guy's hole, swing the CB three rails, and probably make the seven in your hole.

Here, we call it a "Big Ed."

Lou Figueroa
patent pending

Pretty close...didn't make the 7 and the cueball didn't go 3 rails, but he certainly whacked the 3 and cleared the other guy's hole. I couldn't believe it when I saw it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-BfwHhri50&t=12m02s

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Hard to tell at this angle, but I might carom off the 3-ball down to the end rail and duck behind the 15 (or, whatever that ball is over near the side-rail).
Option two might be the Pagulayan maneuver where I would go down on the shot then jump up, seven or eight times, and then walk around the table seven or eight more times. The beauty of this strategy is the pool room will probably close before the shot is taken. :D

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member

onepocketshot.png

Kick across the table into the short rail, nicking the 7 ball? resting behind the dark striped ball 14? there or on the right side of it. A speed shot, but fairly easy. Just be careful to hit it fat/fuller than you think. even if you over-compensate you are good here.

Lesh

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I'd look at my options until my opponent falls asleep, then pick up the cue ball and place it under the seven. Wake him up and say "your shot."

How about stun the three into the five and float the CB down to the short rail?

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
How about stun the three into the five and float the CB down to the short rail?

That's good too... lotta shots here. But I like to absolutely torture people by putting them in CLOSE proximity to other balls.

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are 2 shots I might try. The first is to go soft off the 2 ball and leave the rock on the bottom rail. The second is to kick soft on the 7/15 balls and leave him on the long rail near his pocket. I dont see an opportunity to move balls over to your side of the table at this point. Its risky to try anything with so many balls on his side. It looks like you're probably going to be kicking balls up table from here anyway until an opening for moving balls to your hole.

Gorramjayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Combo the 3-5 to bring the 5 back to my side of the table, killing the shot with a little bottom to park the CB in front of his own pocket just off angle where the 15 isn't bankable.

Oh wait I just watched the clip.... well it turned out alright for him, I don't know I would have risked breaking that up, I would have brought a few more soldiers over to my side and/or tried to set up a break ball first, that could have gone badly for him.

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if they are lined up for this to work, but what I see is to hit the 4 almost straight with top spin. 4 will go to the bottom rail and then to your side rail. 8 will go to the bottom rail and up towards the 14. 11 across table and maybe back. Using top spin try to get the cue ball stuck to the bottom of the 7.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Off th 1 and into the dead ball (2? 4?).

You gotta shoot it, just to see if it goes...ya knows?

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tramp Steamer has a great option. Another option is to kick to the left short rail and back down hitting between the stripe by the pocket and the rail.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That 'take out' fram shot was a very, very poor desperation shot that happened to work out.

One pocket has evolved and aggression is good, but this isn't advisable.