Average Life Expectancy

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The average life expectancy in the US is 79.8 years. People have to shut it down for 3-5 months and they're losing their minds. Brian.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What?

If this is related to the current COVID-19, this will increase that number, barely at all though thanks to the diminishing returns at some point in that calculation. The number doen't decrease because of the number of threats, it actually increases unless the threat is devastating like the Spanish flu (although that was ultimately attributed to self care and not the virus).

If this is about the increases to obesity, high blood pressure, stress, depression etc. thanks to "self isolating" in general (because that is not age related), then yes that could impact it negatively (there had to of been someone testing the perceived threat during the Cuban missile crisis to life expectancy, but good luck finding that data).

Last edited:

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The average life expectancy in the US is 79.8 years. People have to shut it down for 3-5 months and they're losing their minds. Brian.

All due respect, but this thread belongs in the Non Pool Related section.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
The average life expectancy of an NPR thread in the Main Forum is less than one hour beforesomeone says something.

Congrats, you beat the average.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The average life expectancy of an NPR thread in the Main Forum is less than one hour beforesomeone says something.

Congrats, you beat the average.
Niiiiiiiiice. There's been a lot of NPR crap in the main lately. I msg'd MH and he's been zapping most of it.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The word "Average" does not come into play if you live in Chicago, are a Gang Member, and a Minority.. I am taking Chicago, Illinois.

Life is short for many, and is not close to average.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What you are leaving out is that probably close to 75% of our US adult population is ALREADY compromised due to obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, lack of proper food, exercise, and mental stimulation. Add to that the high degree of emotional, mental, and other stress related compromise due our internet/cell phone/high speed society and you have the formula for even a one month shut down of "normal society" to break down people in ways and to a degree we have never seen before.

We refer to those who endured 4 years of WWII as the greatest generation- there is a reason for that. Most of our population today is not nearly as strong as that generation in every way. Much of our weakness has been created by lax standards in every part of our society. I think we have barely enough leadership now to get us out of this without much more destruction- hopefully this is a wakeup call to America- we are still great- but the politics, the media , and the leadership all need to stop the infighting and join together going forward for some common goals .

it is amazing to me that some still have the indecency to attack the leadership at a time when there just is no time for that. Crisis always shows who people really are and it separates the caring from the greedy in every way.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
What you are leaving out is that probably close to 75% of our US adult population is ALREADY compromised due to obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, lack of proper food, exercise, and mental stimulation. Add to that the high degree of emotional, mental, and other stress related compromise due our internet/cell phone/high speed society and you have the formula for even a one month shut down of "normal society" to break down people in ways and to a degree we have never seen before.

We refer to those who endured 4 years of WWII as the greatest generation- there is a reason for that. Most of our population today is not nearly as strong as that generation in every way. Much of our weakness has been created by lax standards in every part of our society. I think we have barely enough leadership now to get us out of this without much more destruction- hopefully this is a wakeup call to America- we are still great- but the politics, the media , and the leadership all need to stop the infighting and join together going forward for some common goals .

it is amazing to me that some still have the indecency to attack the leadership at a time when there just is no time for that. Crisis always shows who people really are and it separates the caring from the greedy in every way.

Diabetes is a very big deal in the USA today, one of the things that shortens life.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
its mostly older people dying but the younger ones are represented as well. so dont sit on your high horse thinking you are indestructible. (not talking about any single individual)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its mostly older people dying but the younger ones are represented as well. so dont sit on your high horse thinking you are indestructible. (not talking about any single individual)

Well, that's kind of the confusion with the post, as life expectancy is determined by anything that can kill you (unless the life expectancy of someone who contracts COVID-19 is 79.8). Also, the post seems to be aimed at "it" shutting down. "it", as in it is a FUD troll (I think I've been trolled).

When I first clicked the link, I was hoping it was about the life expectancy of a CF shaft as I can't find any real data on that.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry guys thought it was evident. I thought it odd that of all the time you'll have on this rock people are acting like it's the end times not being able to shoot a few months. Sorry, ban me, tar and feather, flog, whatever. My balls are just out of the polisher and I need to make them dirty again. Brian.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Sorry guys thought it was evident. I thought it odd that of all the time you'll have on this rock people are acting like it's the end times not being able to shoot a few months. Sorry, ban me, tar and feather, flog, whatever. My balls are just out of the polisher and I need to make them dirty again. Brian.

Damn! You're one of those lucky SOB's with his own table? Then brag about it to us in lockdown with no table? Oh yeah...BAN! (all tongue in cheek)

Oh, I'm 76...What? Me worry? Lookin' like it's my time to say so long to you kids anyway...

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, I'm 76...What? Me worry? Lookin' like it's my time to say so long to you kids anyway...

I'm not that old but I _WAS_ visiting a joann fabrics store that was open until this Saturday and that place was packed with women 75+... I'm really not kidding. One of them embroidered an extremely non-publicly correct sweater in regards to COVID-19 (she made a play on the 19 and one's age). But it became apparent that you can't keep an old knitter down at any cost (I think they'd still be in there during a zombie outbreak).

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diabetes is a very big deal in the USA today, one of the things that shortens life.

Yes, it is a big deal.

It is the natural outcome of the starch industry's output.

{Potatoes, rice, sugar, corn, bread} are the enemy. If you get rid of these things from your diet, you are unlikely to get diabetes Type II.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
{Potatoes, rice, sugar, corn, bread} are the enemy. If you get rid of these things from your diet, you are unlikely to get diabetes Type II.

I'm not a dietitian, but I'm not sure if rice should be on that list. There is 3 billion plus examples specifically for rice being just fine. In fact, I'd toss a dollar at that it's a fact that it's the most consumed food in the world, especially in countries not plagued with diabetes. Even soy soaked brown rice shouldn't be on that list (although it surely goes on the high BP list).

I'd assume most doctors say for the prevention of many things that you can eat whatever you want, just don't eat a lot of it and always exercise (exercise being the gleaming factor).

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I saw the title of this thread, I assumed it was referring to the life expectancy of a pool table or of certain vital components of a pool table such as cushion rubbers.