CJ Wiley Runs 29 balls in 1P using TOI

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
We have to be able to do this a lot playing straight pool and one pocket.

Ya gotta see this.

Runs 14 balls in 1P on the first rack in the same pocket then 15 balls in the same pocket on the next rack. 99% of the balls were made using TOI. Every shot is called including the shot/s that he has to use some spin.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55wfzEVJVvo&feature=youtu.be

I have a long road ahead of me. :smile:

John

This was kind of funny, I had made two long runs playing straight pool using only TOI, then decided to practice this "One Pocket Drill", so why not film it and see what happens.

I ran all the balls, except I forgot "something"....anyway, it ended well in the next rack and I guess I should have went for 3 or 4 in a row, but Mary was hungry so we favored "I HOP". Next I want to show beating the Rotation Ghost, and this time I will wear a "Head Cam" so you can see what I see using the TOI Technique.

I used TOI in all shots, with 6 exceptions, 4 with spin and 2 that were straight in.....I even use TOI on the close, straight in shots and favor one side of the pocket to change the angle after contact slightly.

We have to be able to do this a lot playing straight pool and one pocket. TOI does this efficiently and accurately, at least it does for me. ;) You will too, it just requires some practice with your Teacher.....'The Game is the Teacher' www.cjwiley.com

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya gotta see this.

Runs 14 balls in 1P on the first rack in the same pocket then 15 balls in the same pocket on the next rack. 99% of the balls were made using TOI. Every shot is called including the shot/s that he has to use some spin.

Enjoy.

John

WOW... 29 balls, could have easily been 30 if he would have remember that 15 off the break in the first rack... but I am kind of glad he didn't...

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm working on that "I HOP Sponsorship"

WOW... 29 balls, could have easily been 30 if he would have remember that 15 off the break in the first rack... but I am kind of glad he didn't...

Yes, I was just going to do it once for the heck of it, but when I forgot the ball it turned into two. I'm not sure if I could have run another one or not, Mary was hungry so breakfast got the "nod". I'm working on that "I HOP Sponsorship" ;)

I guess I could rack them up again and try, my high run playing that is "4 out of 5" one time, but the pockets weren't as tight as there are. These are just over 4 (4.12)" so you can't get away with much and it was raining outside so they were slightly wet as well.

gbru

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya gotta see this.

Enjoy.

John

Sorry but those are not 4" pockets....They are 4 1/2" pockets. The same as the pockets on my home table.

Pockets are measured from point to point....not at the rear of the pockets.

Come on guys....no exaggerating.

However....nice shooting on "fairly" tight pockets C.J.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was kind of funny, I had made two long runs playing straight pool using only TOI, then decided to practice this "One Pocket Drill", so why not film it and see what happens.

I ran all the balls, except I forgot "something"....anyway, it ended well in the next rack and I guess I should have went for 3 or 4 in a row, but Mary was hungry so we favored "I HOP". Next I want to show beating the Rotation Ghost, and this time I will wear a "Head Cam" so you can see what I see using the TOI Technique.

I used TOI in all shots, with 6 exceptions, 4 with spin and 2 that were straight in.....I even use TOI on the close, straight in shots and favor one side of the pocket to change the angle after contact slightly.

We have to be able to do this a lot playing straight pool and one pocket. TOI does this efficiently and accurately, at least it does for me. ;) You will too, it just requires some practice with your Teacher.....'The Game is the Teacher' www.cjwiley.com

Head cam; now we're frickin talking !!! Can you shoot a few slow so we can really see the toi? thanks much CJ !!

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone explain the basics of toi to me? all I seen was him running a tough drill and spinning the ball when needed. alot of the shots didnt look like inside english to me.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Triple Shimmed"

Sorry but those are not 4" pockets....They are 4 1/2" pockets. The same as the pockets on my home table.

Pockets are measured from point to point....not at the rear of the pockets.

Come on guys....no exaggerating.

However....nice shooting on "fairly" tight pockets C.J.

That's not true, you saw the two balls at the beginning and they will not come close to going in the pocket, this means it's less than 4.5.

Take a better look at that picture again, it's deceiving how small these pockets are, maybe I was able to do it because the color was blue.;) This is the table Earl Stickland ran the 11 racks in a row on and they are "Triple Shimmed", I just had the table recovered and it plays like new, the guy that did it said it had smaller pockets than any Diamond he'd ever seen. His name is Jeff Serrel (214 298 3689) here in Dallas if anyone wants a "second opinion".....BTW he's an excellent table mechanic if anyone around Dallas/Ft. Worth needs their table worked on or moved.

It was raining outside too, so the table was playing slightly wet, and that means they were tighter than usual. The table has been recently recovered so it's only had a couple a weeks of play, so it will get even tighter in the near future.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
If TOI seems strange, but somehow alluring, just put it on a shelf

Hi John,
I like to see CJ shooting soft with TOI , playing real one pocket game.

I don't shoot "soft" with TOI, I "stun" the cue ball instead. Slow rolling is not something I recommend and I've always really liked to play those that play that way. TOI is not for the timid, if you like to play slow rolled shots and finesse the cue ball TOI IS NOT FOR YOU.

There are several ways to play this Game, my way is extremely effective playing all games. I have wins over champion players in every game using TOI....again, it's not for everyone,
100810_category_fm.jpg
just like filet mignon is not for everyone...."different strokes for different folks".

If TOI seems strange, but somehow alluring, just put it on a shelf and keep it readily available if you want to change how you play someday. Sometimes pool gets boring the same old way, TOI makes it exciting again, at least it has for me and hundreds of students of the Game. 'The Game is the Teacher' www.cjwiley.com - thegameistheteacher@gmail.com

Last edited:

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi John,
I like to see CJ shooting soft with TOI , playing real one pocket game.

You can, as long as you accelerate thru the cue ball and don't hit it like Alice. :)

Just don't hit the cue ball on the face, you have to get thru the cue ball to the other side.

Being a new student of TOI I use TOI when I feel comfortable using it. When I practice at home I practice using TOI. This is a long learning process and is not a magic bullet.

Been spinning the ball for over 50 years and now I have to learn to quit doing that..........good luck on that one.

For new students to the game this is the way to go. The next generation of pool players will certainly be better using TOI. Less complicated and requires less thought.

John

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Tight enough.

These pockets are tight enough. I doubt many on AZ are going to run out on this table.

Attachments

• CJ'S POCKET WIDTH.jpg
    CJ'S POCKET WIDTH.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,276

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

I dont understand this at all.The video was edited.Actually looks like one was done in the day the other at night.Do mean 15 and then a 14.:)

Anthony

Good shooting though.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
These are the original Fatboy rails which I was told were right at four inches. Glen would know exactly what they were.

8547485272_c54d928a97_o.jpg

I watched the video and regardless of the pocket size it was an impressive display.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I dont understand this at all.The video was edited.Actually looks like one was done in the day the other at night.Do mean 15 and then a 14.:)

Anthony

Good shooting though.

14+15=29. I have a difficult time with math as well. :)