Heading to Denver

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will be heading to Denver next week and probably at least 10 - 12 more weeks this year at various times. I searched some older threads, so got a few names of pool halls.

Just wanted to confirm with more current info if there is a decent room still open with 9' tables in good condition (GC, Diamond, etc.), maybe anything with local tourneys during the week, etc. Will be staying and working out near the airport I think, but willing to travel a little if a good room is not too far away.

Also, if anyone wants to try and meet up that would be cool as well.

Thanks!
Scott

RobertR

WWSLD
Silver Member
Will be heading to Denver next week and probably at least 10 - 12 more weeks this year at various times. I searched some older threads, so got a few names of pool halls.

Just wanted to confirm with more current info if there is a decent room still open with 9' tables in good condition (GC, Diamond, etc.), maybe anything with local tourneys during the week, etc. Will be staying and working out near the airport I think, but willing to travel a little if a good room is not too far away.

Also, if anyone wants to try and meet up that would be cool as well.

Thanks!
Scott

Starts and stops with Felt these days. Broadway & Floyd.

Tourneys Tues, Fri and Sun as far as I know. I thikn the website is feltbar.com.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Yeah, come on Scott, tell us the truth. Why are you really going to Denver?

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Felt in Englewood is your best bet. Good Diamond tables,good food and I'm there on Saturdays :thumbup:
But the down side is that with no rush hour traffic you will be 45 minutes from any airport hotels. Forget about the trip during rush hour,maybe another 45 to 60 minutes :eek:
But send me a PM and see if we can meet up.
And no pool players trip to Denver is complete with out a visit to Hanks in Wheatridge.About 30 minutes from Airport hotels. It's a trip back in time when pool rooms did not care how they looked.

Love The Game

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FELT in Englewood, CO (SW Denver area). Felt is the room for action in CO.

Anyone can negotiate a spot at Felt....:wink: Contact my email for action,,,,,,,,,,

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plenty of action at Mile High too especially if you're into Daimond boxes. 4 Diamond biggies too where you might get some action, but they play stupid tight so results are often like flipping a coin. Whoever is at the table when the 9 comes up with a reasonable shot usually wins. Don't see many run outs, and nobody is running packages. I'm really starting to think that too tight is bad for the game.

Dave

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plenty of action at Mile High too especially if you're into Daimond boxes. 4 Diamond biggies too where you might get some action, but they play stupid tight so results are often like flipping a coin. Whoever is at the table when the 9 comes up with a reasonable shot usually wins. Don't see many run outs, and nobody is running packages. I'm really starting to think that too tight is bad for the game.

Dave
Have you measured the table and rated it by DR Dave"s formula?

Felt has really nice diamonds and does have big table tourneys on Tuesday nights and Sunday afternoon. 10 ball some Sundays 8 ball last Sunday and one pocket first Sunday of month, Tuesday is 9 ball. Very tough tourneys with both men and ladies pros always in attendance. No handicap but lesser players only pay half the $20 entry.
Mile High Billiards has 4 Diamond big tables and 12 Diamond bar tables, place just recently opened. They have $20 handicapped big table weekly tourneys on Monday and Friday nights i believe.
Rack Em has 10 older Diamond big tables all recently recovered with Simonis 860. They have new owners who are trying to revive the pool tournaments. They have a Thursday night big table tourney $10 and $5 green fee.
Hanks has like 8 Gold Crowns that play good. It's an old family billiards hall, that is on the seedier side. I do not think he has any big table tourneys, but if you play golf there is tons of action at Hanks! They have two tables going most days.
All of those pool places have weekly bar table tourneys, and there are another half dozen nice bar table tourneys like Greenfields, Wreck Room, Zoosters, and BCs Sports Pub.
Big tourney at Felts on weekend of Mar 21st if you are still in Denver do not miss that!

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you measured the table and rated it by DR Dave"s formula?

No we used Skierlawyers formula. He is the one that first called them stupid tight.
Tokyo Dave and me went there a few times and played on them. Dave is right too tight pockets are no good for the game. They take the fun out of playing. We stopped going there.
Plus i have heard its over run with kids now.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the responses guys. Will most likely be in town Mon or Tue through Thursday the weeks I'm there. Will try to check out the Tuesday tourney at Felt, sounds like Mile High might be okay too.

Hoping to try it out next week, but since this is the first trip might be a lot of meetings and activities after work as well for the team to get acquainted etc. Once things settle into just plain work then I should more free time at nights.

Thanks again!
Scott

Medalist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No we used Skierlawyers formula. He is the one that first called them stupid tight.
Tokyo Dave and me went there a few times and played on them. Dave is right too tight pockets are no good for the game. They take the fun out of playing. We stopped going there.
Plus i have heard its over run with kids now.

I measured them, the corners are a hair under 4 inches. If they paid me I wouldn't play on anything that tight. 41/4 is my limit. 41/2 is perfect for me and most people I play with. Great place though except for the most important element.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the responses guys. Will most likely be in town Mon or Tue through Thursday the weeks I'm there. Will try to check out the Tuesday tourney at Felt, sounds like Mile High might be okay too.

Hoping to try it out next week, but since this is the first trip might be a lot of meetings and activities after work as well for the team to get acquainted etc. Once things settle into just plain work then I should more free time at nights.

Thanks again!
Scott

Just noticed you are from Florida,bring warm clothes. It's 12 degrees right now and we have snow on the ground.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just noticed you are from Florida,bring warm clothes. It's 12 degrees right now and we have snow on the ground.

I'm also from Florida, and lived out there for the last year. Just got back to Florida, though. Colorado was beautiful, but I won't miss the cold at all.