Brunswick Centennial Snooker date code?

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
I just picked up a Centennial snooker - 5x10 model C-1 (not stainless). Any idea where I can look to find a date stamp? Not on the slate or under the rails. The make and model is there but no date.

Thanks

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I just picked up a Centennial snooker - 5x10 model C-1 (not stainless). Any idea where I can look to find a date stamp? Not on the slate or under the rails. The make and model is there but no date.

Thanks

Bryan,

Congrats on your recent find! It is painted aluminum(can still be polished). I recently/ accidentally acquired a 9' snooker and it's metal is also painted white. Person selling it posted no pics of the corners and because it was a 9' I assumed it was a pool table, WRONG, lol. I can still have the rails converted to pool.

It shows the C-I on this, but, not the dates it was made from.

https://brunswick.pastperfectonline.com/library/C9043189-C8DB-400A-B5D0-303435254757

From my research :

Model C 1945-1947
Model C-I 1947-1949
Model D-C 1950- until end of production.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Cool ...thanks

I had already found the Brunswick page you listed and that was all. 1947-49 is close enough for me.
I toyed with the idea of converting it to pool but I have GC2 coming at the end of the month. I will save this one for those days I need to feel frustrated

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
This probably won't help. FWIW....my 62 GC has dated bead welds on the underside of the each pocket iron. Hopefully the snake can help.

dlvh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This probably won't help. FWIW....my 62 GC has dated bead welds on the underside of the each pocket iron. Hopefully the snake can help.

I have about the same year GC1, do you happen to have a picture of this?

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I have about the same year GC1, do you happen to have a picture of this?

Top rails are now with the table mechanic, all of em. Since it was thee most gambled on table in Denver for 30 years, he's replacing all the underwood, from staple damage due to excessive recovering, then all new rails etc. When I get em back, I'll try and remember to take a pic, I did look at some of the camera pics I took, appears not all the irons have this marking, but I'll dbl ck. I'd ck all your irons. I would think you could take a pocket liner out, get a flashlight and a mirror and probably see the marking.

bm

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Top rails are now with the table mechanic, all of em. Since it was thee most gambled on table in Denver for 30 years, he's replacing all the underwood, from staple damage due to excessive recovering, then all new rails etc. When I get em back, I'll try and remember to take a pic, I did look at some of the camera pics I took, appears not all the irons have this marking, but I'll dbl ck. I'd ck all your irons. I would think you could take a pocket liner out, get a flashlight and a mirror and probably see the marking.

bm

The mold date on the pocket castings, not pocket irons, sorry, have nothing to do with the production date of the tables. Pocket castings are build by the 100's and are not assigned to any pool table by the date the table was built.

dlvh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The mold date on the pocket castings, not pocket irons, sorry, have nothing to do with the production date of the tables. Pocket castings are build by the 100's and are not assigned to any pool table by the date the table was built.

Alright...thanks for that info Glen.