Meucci

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love my Meucci cues.

Purchased my first Mooch earlier this year to try The Pro shaft...was very impressed with the fit/finish and it was my major introduction to Ultraskin medium tips (my favorite), and had a great and unique feel in the hit. Great price at just over $400 in JS-S, Jayson Shaw merry widow in gray.

I've since picked up 3 additional ones:
- SWBB2 ($650) swapped stock 13mm Barbox to 11.65mm Ultimate Weapon (30")
- Pro Cust2 Mesquite ($360) w/ 12.5mm Meucci Pro
- BMCPro3 ($650) w/ 12.5mm Meucci Pro (30")

And your favorite, or main player is?

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless he changed cues, the cue that Skylar used to become MVP in the Mosconi Cup was a Meucci with a wood shaft.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless he changed cues, the cue that Skylar used to become MVP in the Mosconi Cup was a Meucci with a wood shaft.

I asked him on FB, he said it's a one of a kind Meucci made special for him, and his shaft is just the Meucci Pro shaft, maple wood Meucci.

However, he told me that next time ill see him play in a tournament he'll be using the Carbon Meucci shaft, a CF from Meucci.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I asked him on FB, he said it's a one of a kind Meucci made special for him, and his shaft is just the Meucci Pro shaft, maple wood Meucci.

However, he told me that next time ill see him play in a tournament he'll be using the Carbon Meucci shaft, a CF from Meucci.

The Meucci Pro wood shaft plays good. I got one from C.J. Wiley, that Bob made for him. They hit good.

I, also, have a Meucci Pro Carbon Fiber shaft. It plays good, too.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Meucci Pro wood shaft plays good. I got one from C.J. Wiley, that Bob made for him. They hit good.

I, also, have a Meucci Pro Carbon Fiber shaft. It plays good, too.

Which one would you say is better? I want a 12.5mm, should I go with The Pro, or CF Meucci?

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought two Meucci's (new) about 18-20 years ago. One turned into crap (popped inlays, wood shrinking, etc) in short order. I threw it in the trash (literally). The other still looks like new, and is straight as an arrow.

Go figure....

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which one would you say is better? I want a 12.5mm, should I go with The Pro, or CF Meucci?

I like the carbon one better, but it is on a butt that I use all the time and maybe that has something to do with it. The wood shaft and the carbon shaft have different pins, so I can't use them on the same butts.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cant quite figure out if you love em or hate em

I thought I was clear. I love the hit and feel of Meucci Cues. I always have. But every one of my Meuccis has manufacturing flaws. Most of them that have points have popped. I have a feeling people don’t know what a popping point or popping inlay is. The only Meucci I have with points that havent popped (yet) is one that I bought that was broken, and I had refinished.

A few posters say that they’ve used Meuccis for years and never had a problem with them. That doesn’t remotely match my and many many others experience.

Is that clearer to you now?

Freddie

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I thought I was clear. I love the hit and feel of Meucci Cues. I always have. But every one of my Meuccis has manufacturing flaws. Most of them that have points have popped. I have a feeling people don’t know what a popping point or popping inlay is. The only Meucci I have with points that havent popped (yet) is one that I bought that was broken, and I had refinished.

A few posters say that they’ve used Meuccis for years and never had a problem with them. That doesn’t remotely match my and many many others experience.

Is that clearer to you now?

Freddie

In Meucci’s hay (hey?) days...70s and 80s, they were still known as throw-away cues...
...use them for a year or two...and throw them away
Some were not centered, like a production cue, but they wanted custom prices.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Meucci’s hay (hey?) days...70s and 80s, they were still known as throw-away cues...
...use them for a year or two...and throw them away
Some were not centered, like a production cue, but they wanted custom prices.
Actually the older models have aged the best. Mid 90's/early 00's are the ones that had the most issues. Since Bob regained control they have gotten better but i still would not buy one with a lot(any??) of inlay.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Actually the older models have aged the best. Mid 90's/early 00's are the ones that had the most issues. Since Bob regained control they have gotten better but i still would not buy one with a lot(any??) of inlay.

Back in the late 70s....most Meucci players were sponsored..so there was hype.
...but one guy at the Rack had a plain Jane...ugly brown wood....we would all borrow it...
...it played great.
I acquired a butt later on with that same ugly wood...with a Mottey snooker shaft, Alex
won some Canuck snooker titles with it.

I know a world champ in the action days retired his Szamboti for a couple years to play
with a Meucci (unsponsored)...it did everything he wanted a cue to do...
...but it didn’t last.

I never liked the pro taper on a Meucci....but if a cue hits good, don’t care who made it.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
If there wasn't CF shafts out I'd be using the pro and/or ultimate weapon shafts. They are both awesome. I do have a cf pro shaft in 30" 11.75mm now.

As far as Sky is concerned, he started using the CF pro shaft but wasn't comfortable enough with it yet to use in the Mosconi Cup. I believe he is in the process of switching to it full time.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

I have a Cameo Meucci. It was an ambitious design for any cue let alone a catalog “production cue.” I love that cue, but it has so many flaws. Every cameo seems like it’s a breath away from falling out.