Pechauer with a 314-3?

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings all. I did a search before asking this and couldn't find anything recent. Anyone out there using a Pechauer Pro butt with a Predator 314-3 shaft? How do you like it? How does it compare with a Pechauer P+Pro LD shaft? Worth the extra $100? Thanks for any helpful responses.

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
I had a Pechauer pro with their LD shaft, and it was VERY nice. However, I now use a Pechauer pro with their standard 30" maple shaft and 3/8x10 mod pin and it's amazing. I tried the LD thing, it's not for me.

diazr3

Registered
I played with their 12.75 LD shaft and loved it.

For tips I used the pechauer gold medium, G2 soft medium and hard. Kamui black soft, and Kamui black Clear SS. I stuck wit the KBC SS.

I found the feel was great, much better than a lot of the other LD shafts. While it's laminated, it's solid all the way through. No hollow sections. Before the pechauer shaft I played with an OB and the OB stayed in the bag. The Pro Plus was much more solid in my hands. It just felt nice touching the ball.

I played with the Pro Plus for 3 years? It's been a while. This isn't a crazy low deflection shaft. It is a consistent deflecting shaft over a standard one, more predictable than a standard shaft.

My Pro Plus recently developed a crack under the ferrule and I ended up buying a predator vantage to replace it. Not for deflection reasons either. I wanted a shaft that was thicker with a stiffer taper and I have to say I like it a lot more than I thought I would. It feels very nice in my hands, it made the pechauer feel small almost. Once the tip started breaking in the shaft felt much nicer. I think i like it even better than the pechauer. Deflection is more consistent, and more predictable through a wider range of power. Sometimes with the pechauer my stroke would break down trying to get a lot of spin and i'd hit a ball with more punch. During those situations the pechauer would deflect much more.

I'd say the pechauer has a wider range of deflection. Hitting the ball pure and crisp you would get much lower deflection vs other times when you start to slip up. The vantage covers up some of those mistakes.

If you want something that hits close to wood and feels like a standard shaft in your hands, you will like the vantage. The kbc ss will make the shaft feel almost mute at first but give it a chance to break in and the hit will change drstically