IMG-1728.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG-1727.jpg
    IMG-1727.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 272

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True Sneaky Pete cues are a thing of the past and they weren't so sneaky even then.

I worked in a pool hall as a kid and was fixing house cues all the time and I could spot one right away.

It doesn't matter what cue you use. I can spot somebody that can "play" just by their stroke and the way they "work" the table. Getting away with hustling is more about "acting" than what cue you have.

A lot of times, the worst player on the planet comes in with a fancy cue.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have owned this Meucci sneaky pete since ~1991. Of the three Meuccis I owned, this is the one I kept because I liked it the most for playing pool. Nobody who knows anything will be deceived by a cue with a ferrule that long. I use it most often at pool halls or bars that are new to me. If the cue was knocked over or otherwise damaged, I wouldn't like it, but it would not be a disaster. A couple of times, the cue has been put on the rack when I wasn't looking. Easy to find, though because of the ferrule.

Attachments

• Meucci pic 1.jpg
    Meucci pic 1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 215

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't owned a true sneaky for about 5 years. Because of this thread I called David @ Schmelke yesterday morning and ordered a true sneaky, standard length Bocote with no logo, and 2 shafts, 13mm & 12.75mm.
Total with the joint choice, (3/8x10), tip choice, taper, - $212.00 + 10.40 shipping = $222.40

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I haven't owned a true sneaky for about 5 years. Because of this thread I called David @ Schmelke yesterday morning and ordered a true sneaky, standard length Bocote with no logo, and 2 shafts, 13mm & 12.75mm.
Total with the joint choice, (3/8x10), tip choice, taper, - $212.00 + 10.40 shipping = $222.40

When you get the cue, could you please post a pic?
I like bocote

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you get the cue, could you please post a pic?
I like bocote
I 'll try, AGAIN. Still haven't learned to post them. David Schmelke said about 3 weeks.
I told him yesterday I wanted a Satin or Matte finish. He said they do their regular finish but leave it "dullish", or not shiny. I think I'll call him back tomorrow & tell him use the regular finish process, I just didn't like the way it sounded.
If I can't put the pics up I'll be sure and PM or email you the pictures!

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Sneaky Dave! I guess the Schmelke logo is on there, but if I ever went to play someone they'd know I was not a threat no matter what cue I carried, lol.

Have a much more detailed cue from Dave and from Pat Diveney and this hits just as solid and feels great.

Attachments

• sneaky3.jpeg
    sneaky3.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 173
  • sneaky 4.jpeg
    sneaky 4.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there are tips on getting photos to show a lot smaller, I'm happy to receive them!

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Resize the image to something like 1000-1200 pixels on the long side, before you upload them. Yours is over 2000.

Thanks, just did that in Preview, edited put in the new pics and not much difference so back to the drawing board.

Edit: went into Preview scaled down with an 800 length, much better, thanks!

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the look of the butt with no cap even on an expensive cue
Paul mottey made me a few of those way back when

I like that treatment but I prefer a rubber bumper

come to think of it,every sneaky pete i ever saw
played good

I would like to buy a Huebler,Mc Dermott sneaky pete
today for my home table cues

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry Dean. The last McDermott made that was Sneaky was in 2009. The fake 11B made now has black outlines on the points. Not the same.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not the sneakiest, but I have a nice Murray Tucker. One of the first 5 cues he ever made.

Attachments

• tucker 3.jpg
    tucker 3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 217
  • tucker 2.jpg
    tucker 2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 220
  • tucker 1.jpg
    tucker 1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 211
Reactions: CGM

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have an Meucci Original SP, I purchased in 1989. Plays great but has a slight wobble.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I have a sort of sneaky. It has veneers and a hidden joint. May fool someone completely oblivious, maybe.

I think if you want action, you're better off buying a Revo and bang balls into the rail for an hour or so. I don't condone that sort of thing, but I think that strategy would be a lot more effective in getting you a game. Getting out in one piece is another story. You could also just ask for a game and don't be a jerk. That can work a lot better. The days of sneaking up on people for big money are long gone, anyway. Try to be likeable instead. If you're good at pool and have a half decent personality, you'll be so rare that people will want to hang around you and learn. Beat them for change and then charge for lessons. You'll be a hundredaire before you know it, and nobody is going to beat you up.