DECEMBER 11 - The Day Of Reckoning

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After waiting for a long time, I received a call from the eye clinic and I'm scheduled to have cataract surgery on my right eye. My left eye will be done sometime thereafter and I won't know exactly when until I have my pre-op appointment sometime in the middle of November. My right eye was the one that "blew up" a couple years ago where I had to fix a detached retina and then, later, have all the liquid in my eye removed and replaced with saline solution.

When they called and asked if December 11 was a good day, I answered, "I reckon it will be a very good day".

I'm hoping that my surgeries are scheduled very close together. I'm not wanting to be "Cyclops" for any length of time.

Since I won't be able to wear contacts for a couple weeks prior to the surgery, I guess I'll spend some time cleaning up all my pool cues and replacing tips and, hopefully, getting my Pancerny Titlist conversion re-wrapped.

If I can get my vision back to "normal" and seeing near 20-20, some of those old boys at the pool hall are going to be in trouble...LOL.

I used to say, "If I can see a ball, I can make it (or hit a spot that I was intending to hit)".

I'm hoping to return to those days.

Aloha

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After waiting for a long time, I received a call from the eye clinic and I'm scheduled to have cataract surgery on my right eye. My left eye will be done sometime thereafter and I won't know exactly when until I have my pre-op appointment sometime in the middle of November. My right eye was the one that "blew up" a couple years ago where I had to fix a detached retina and then, later, have all the liquid in my eye removed and replaced with saline solution.

When they called and asked if December 11 was a good day, I answered, "I reckon it will be a very good day".

I'm hoping that my surgeries are schedule very closely together. I'm not wanting to be "Cyclops" for any length of time.

Since I won't be able to wear contacts for a couple weeks prior to the surgery, I guess I'll spend some time cleaning up all my pool cues and replacing tips and, hopefully, getting my Pancerny Titlist conversion re-wrapped.

If I can get my vision back to "normal" and seeing near 20-20, some of those old boys at the pool hall are going to be in trouble...LOL.

I used to say, "If I can see a ball, I can make it (or hit a spot that I was intending to hit)".

Aloha

Praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery, if you get your groove back and your out in So Cal for some rays hit me up, we'll put some balls in holes.

JC

Coos Cues
Every pool player I know who has had cataracts removed it has been a positive for their game.

I know a dude Larry who had one done one day and the other the next and an infection got in both of them and he's blind. So take your time.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having my left eye done nov.18 right eye dec 8. Either going to really hit balls or give lessons.Good luck with yours.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery, if you get your groove back and your out in So Cal for some rays hit me up, we'll put some balls in holes.

I miss California.

I was a Navy man and I traveled as most military a lot and I have to say California was my favorite place I've ever lived.

Cal has the best EVERYTHING!!

Oh well, I'm stuck in Alabama. At least I got my own room...all is not lost.

I'm still jealous though.

Jeff

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had mine done apx 3 months ago. First eye done was off quite a bit, sharp focus about 3-20'. Held off on the second eye for a bit, as I was worried that I would have to wear glasses all the time for distance if the second eye came out the same. Finally decided to just get it done. End result, second eye turned out right, and now, not only able to see distance, but semi close up sharp also. No need for any glasses now. I see the pool balls much sharper now, as I never could get used to wearing glasses before. 20 20 -1 now for vision, and was able to get my glasses requirement off my drivers license. You'll be glad you had it done, you'll think your a 20 yr old again, vision wise that is.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Eye,

I'm sure you'll have the best eyesight in the room after your surgeries.

Don't let know :grin-square: Make them think your just taking a break. Lol....then, reap the rewards.:D

Here's to a speedy recovery sir, :thumbup:

Jeff

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss California.

I was a Navy man and I traveled as most military a lot and I have to say California was my favorite place I've ever lived.

Jeff

I, also, lived in CA way back in the day.

At the time, I liked it there because I, too, thought they had the best of everything, but I'm not so sure I'd feel the same now.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I had cataract surgery back in June. The results were fantastic. For the first time in my life I can see close to 20/20 without glasses or contact lenses. Playing pool again is like a brand new adventure.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I miss California.

Jeff

I grew up across from a Naval hospital, its a shopping center now.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
An old friend of mine voluntarily gave up his driver’s license...
...had the cataract surgery....got his license back...sees like a teenager again.

Good luck, H Eye

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

I'm hoping that my surgeries are scheduled very close together. I'm not wanting to be "Cyclops" for any length of time.

Aloha

Good thoughts going your way! :eek:k:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off I want to wish you successful surgery with a great outcome, and worry not, this is easy nowadays. I had both mine done in 2011, 2 weeks apart. The moment I walked out of the building was incredible. I could see perfect.
The only thing is I have to use reading glasses to read, and that's the only time I use them. If I'm in the sun I can tie fishing knots without glasses.
Good luck and I will certainly be praying for you!
BTW - 3 months ago I renewed my license and medical card for my CDL and vision was 20/20, and I'm 66 years old!

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
hope all goes without complication and you are seeing like a hawk....:)

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Aloha

Just stop using Aramith balls and use the "other" ones! You'll be fine! ;)

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope all goes well, bruddah.. sounds like I'll need da kine
8 ball when you're back.. :grin-square:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Day of Reckoning for my right is is here.

I'll have cataract surgery tomorrow for my right eye.

Hoping to see you later.

Aloha.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Day of Reckoning for my right is is here.

I'll have cataract surgery tomorrow for my right eye.

Hoping to see you later.

Aloha.

It has to be a tense time. However, the vast majority of people post great results. I have had many surgeries admittedly not on my eyes. I selected good surgeons then put my trust in them.

This will all be over with great results after tomorrow!

Hu