My National Table Project - before and after.

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello All! I’ve finished the project on my National table. I paid $150 for it, and all I bought was new cloth (the good stuff)! I did all the work myself. I went with the Vintage blue. The cushions didn’t need replacing and I was thrilled when I pulled the cloth off the rails and saw what the cushions were (pic attached). The table plays great! Tell me what ya think.....:D

Attachments

• A98D14EC-4495-45F2-8044-F856E68A9872.jpeg
    A98D14EC-4495-45F2-8044-F856E68A9872.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 575
  • ECF59DFE-D9EB-4B8F-AF47-C082D6DA8DE6.jpeg
    ECF59DFE-D9EB-4B8F-AF47-C082D6DA8DE6.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 594
  • C4306F26-CB67-407A-A9A0-EF609A109335.jpg
    C4306F26-CB67-407A-A9A0-EF609A109335.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 581

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome job man, the before and after shows that you worked very hard on it, and it looks very nice in the "after pictures" man I wish I had table at home

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
You've got a real good table there! Nice job. :thumbup2:

P.S. One thing I learned long ago was that the best thing for table cushions was to be played on regularly. Disuse and neglect was the most damaging thing for the rubber.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!

Those are the tables I grew up playing on at Town and Country Billiards in Daly City just north of San Francisco.

Great job.

Lou Figueroa

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks Good!

The after looks mighty nice. The table looks familiar too. I can't remember if from a bowling alley or student union. Either one was a long time ago!

Hu

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Wow.

Before and after reminds me of a couple of old girlfriends getting ready for a night out. I did say old, right?

Great job!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Great job!!! Nothing like the gratification of taking on a project like that and WINNING!!!
Congrats and enjoy that table!!

Trent from Toledo

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate all the positive comments. This was only my 4th table that I did all the work on, and it needed more than any of the other 3. Thankfully the slates and rail cushions were in great shape. I can say that it's the best re-cover on the cloth that I've done yet. It's amazing what you can learn from watching experts.....:thumbup:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Looks great. For those not familiar with National Tables, or too lazy to Google, how old is it?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks great. For those not familiar with National Tables, or too lazy to Google, how old is it?
Nationals like that went into multiple new pool rooms in this area about 1965 including the place in Daly City that Lou mentioned above which is still in business and has added some GCs.