The Time Has Come...

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me, Fatboy to go public, I came here a year ago not sure of where I was going or what I was doing with pool. I got re-aquinted with alot of people I hadnt spoke to in 15-20 years. I have made alot of new friends here who know my real name and were all stand up guys that respected my privacy, I appericate that and still only want to be "Fatboy" online. I appericate everyone for the respect.

I spent the last year looking around at pool, playing some(with my back I cant play as much as I would like to), getting a read on the players in action, betting on them, going to a couple tournments, buying a couple cues. But all this time I kept the name "Fatboy" and will continue to do so. I wanted to do something more than just be a average player so when I noticed I have been playing good for as little as I play and meeting alot of great people I decided to go public....

I'm playing the 10 Ball ring game in the Derby, Yup i'm my own stake horse and put myself in that match with the pro's. I have been doing good on my side bets and decided to step up and see whats its all about at that level. My goal is to not be the first guy out of the game and to show everyone that you can step up and play if you want to bad enough. This is my shot, I have never played on TV, been in the finals of a big tournment and now is my chance to see what i'm made of and if I suck dont worry, I'll be back.

I'm gonna try and organize a "Fatboy" party there too, yes with a open bar if possible, I need some time to think it out on how i'm gonna do it and everyone is invited until the room is full first come first served-come late stay home and wait for another one, but I wanted to announce that I'm an average player that has the heart, balls, lack of brains ;) to step into a big league ring game. I want to meet as many people as possible so a party will be great. I sort of have 2 sponsers, I pay them they dont pay me yet ;) but they are still my sponsers...I think.

To all my friends here, just keep calling me "Fatboy" cause thats who I am. I really hope I can do a party thats not a lock. But the ring game is a lock. The pressure is on and I better show up to play.

Last edited:

BPG24

Banned
Fatboy said:
I'm playing the 10 Ball ring game in the Derby, Yup i'm my own stake horse and put myself in that match with the pro's. I have been doing good on my side bets and decided to step up and see whats its all about at that level. My goal is to not be the first guy out of the game and to show everyone that you can step up and play if you want to bad enough. This is my shot, I have never played on TV, been in the finals of a big tournment and now is my chance to see what i'm made of and if I suck dont worry, I'll be back. .

Good for you... I know many of us wish we had the $$$ to have a similar experience.... Good Luck Bro...

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
Good for you... I know many of us wish we had the $$$ to have a similar experience.... Good Luck Bro...

Thx its $$$ I won side betting, thank SVB for winning.

This isnt about $$$ its about the fact regular players can step up. I'm not there to donate, hell getting into that game took me some work and support of others, I have to play decent or there wont be a next time. I didnt buy my way into it. I had people convince Grady that I can play a little. Thus I better play good not to embarass them, Grady or myself.

My goal is to keep it positive and network and have fun seeing friends and making new ones, I'm back to pool 100% but with a different approach this time and its working, I cant complain about my game. I just hope I have it that night, I feel good thats for sure.

Fatboy

Last edited:

eaglesfan44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to hear Fatboy! I wish you the best of luck and I hope you play great buddy! I wish I could make it to the Derby this year but money setbacks won't allow me to. But I sure hope you do well and get some action and take down the cash! Go get em! :)

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
From an old "FATBOY" to a young "FATBOY":

"lets just walk down there and screw em all"

Prolly see you in L'VILLE and I'll be pullin for you to play up to your expectations:)

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Good for you Fatboy! I'll be rooting you on and if you happen to have the party the last Thursday - Sat.. I'll be there for sure to help celebrate you snapping off the ring game ;)

JOEY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
get em

i hope you do well in the ring game....we'll all be pulling for ya here on AZ. im thinking if you have the party it should be the last weekend of the tourney.....for my own well being of course....lol
see ya there,
joey

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
You GO Fatboy!! You've made yourself a winner in life, and I am sure you'll do just fine in the ring game! I'll be sweating you big time..... Not every day I have someone I consider a friend in such a high profile event.

Give em hell!

Russ

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
Fatboy, I love hearing this kind of story. I dont care what any of us say to make ourselves feel better, all of us would love to have the cash and balls to throw it in the ring at one point or another when we feel we're shooting well. Good luck to you and i'll be there watching.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Good on you Fatboy.

Sounds like this year is really going to be one to remember. If you have your party I may end up forgeting one of the nights though :D

David Beck

Let us to Billiards!
Silver Member
That's awesome man. I hope one day to be making this same post. I wish you the best of luck, and I'll be rooting for you, if I can figure out who you are. :cool:

Rubyron

R.I.P. Smorgass Bored
Silver Member
I don't care who else is in the ring game, I'll be rooting for you. Good Luck!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Good Luck Fatboy. Thats one reason to have money...to do what you want when you want IMO. Johnnyt

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Good Luck Fatboy, I hope you kick some ass. I also wish I could be present to watch but I have run my little pool room down here in Lakewood, Washington. I have always appreciated your down to earth attitude, in all your posts.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may the New year bring you only the best of things and the best of Health.