Warning to video producers, ADREV and the death of forcefollow.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
marcus
this is really bad news and i really am sorry for you
i believe in your karma comes back and you will be fine and those guys will get what they deserve
i learned alot from your videos and made a small contribution to st. judes
in the past.
the new site looks great
have put it in my favorites:wink:
larry (bbb)

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only reason why I am posting this is for the sake of others who are trying to use Youtube as a way to promote their content.

My youtube channel "forcefollow" had 8100 subscribers and over 8 million views. Off and on I have had to deal with click bombs, character assassination attempts and other nonsense that people dream up. My adsense account was dropped twice for reasons I still do not understand. Recently I was approached by a company named Adrev to restore my channel as a partner. Bad move!!! They ended up claiming ownership of my videos.

I am at fault for this partially. I didn't do enough research on them. They are fraudulent. They tried to lay claim to all of my content. I would have just left it for the benefit of players who have benefited from them, but I did not want the name of my favorite charity to be attached to these scumbags. Over the past 5 years I have thrown in a brief plug for St. Jude's Childrens Research Hospital. This is too good of a charity for them to be associated with these now tainted videos.

I have all of my content on a channel called CueStudent. The first sign of any nonsense on this channel I will cancel it as well.

To the 2 lurkers on this board that have worked to screw me I have good news for you, THE CHANNEL IS DEAD. All the money I ever realized from the videos went back in to the equipment that made it better over the last 3 years. In fact I am very much in the red for it.

In other news my after school program is dead thanks to budget cuts.

I would like to thank everyone on this board who have helped me with both projects there are more than I can list.

If you are looking for good news you will not find it on this thread.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported me.

God Bless,
Marcus

Hello Minorwood,
I am very sorry to hear this bad news. After all the good you do, some other company wants to take it away from you. Good on posting this thread for people to see what is happening on Youtube, and to you.

They will get what is due for them to get. Don't worry about that part for sure.
People can appreciate the fact that you were the owner of the videos. Thanks for all you do for people and the pool world.
I hope all is well with you and your family.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Shermanscs

Steve sherman
Silver Member
I also would periodically watch your videos and enjoyed them very much. I made my ball polisher (wich I love) by watching your videos. I just subscribed to your new channel. You can count on my support and I am sure the support of many AZBers who follow you and appreciate the work you do.

Steve

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after a 15 year hiatus from pool, my very first videos to watch were yours, they are in plain english anyone can understabd and most informative...i spent many many hours watching and reviewing....thank you so much for tyour efforts and contribution to the pool world. hell, we all know how much help we need! i will check out your site today and thanks for posting.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Marcus,

I just want to say your videos were the first pool videos I watched on YouTube and your presentation and knowledge was so clear and honest and not pretentious. I can say it is part of the reason I came back to pool after 30years.
You are clearly a first class act and a honest human being. I will continue to follow you on your new site.

Good luck!

Robert

JC

Coos Cues
Marcus,

Why don't you take them all off of the internet entirely and combine them into a downloadable composite mp4 video using Tor Lowrey's template for sales. Google loves you not, so screw them. An affordable price for download only. No DVDs. It seems to me you are uniquely poised for a move like this with your current situation and reputation. $9.95 times a few thousand could start to add up. And, you can advertise it here for free to the pool world!!

JC

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Thanks for all the kind words

I would like to thank everyone for their words of support. It was the viewer feedback that kept me posting on youtube. The original intent of the project was to keep it free. On occasion viewers would insist on buying a DVD but I just can't justify pulling it all down and making it a DVD only. I was able to improve my camera two years ago due to viewer donations. Viewers also supported my website.

Rescuing the after school program could be done one of two ways. First donors could donate the money needed to sustain the on campus program. Second donors could support the creation of an off campus junior pool room. Both would require a substantial sum of money. I have approached the entities in the pool world that would be most able to do this and they have declined.

As far as keeping the youtube videos coming here is what would guarantee it. In addition to making videos about pool I have made videos for other channels that teach caregivers how to work with children who have disabilities. I also do videos about teaching strategies and World/American History. I could do professional level videos with the items in the list below. I would also need a laptop and a subscription to Adobe creative cloud all of that together would come to around 5k.

https://secure.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=wishListDetail.jsp&A=WishList&Q=showWishList

I would have gotten all of this stuff myself but living on a teachers salary its just not possible. If anyone could help it would continue my videos and help make videos to support teachers and students in my school district.

Here is a link to the pocket reducer video.

http://youtu.be/r5eSj7wfccw

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have watched , enjoyed and used , many of your videos to help teach myself and others.
It's a shame there are creeps in the world, but thats the manner of things.
Good luck to you in the future and I hope you don't let this bad deal stay with you long.
Best wishes

EAGLETRICKSHOTS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These AdRev guys just contacted me to get partnered with them, thanks to you I'm not gonna get my channel into their hands.
Here is their message
"Hi eagletrickshots,

I watched a couple of your videos and I think you have some great stuff! I'm a talent recruiter for AdRev talent network and thought you might be interested in partnership.

Members of our network include international comedy stars such as Kat Williams and YouTube Music stars such as Kurt Hugo Schnieder.

We have tons of resources to help you develop your content and audience.

Get partnered at http://talent.adrev.net

I wish you the best and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Warmest regards,

- Tom "

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Wow, good to hear you aren't dead. That's what I thought from the thread name. I'm shocked to hear people have given you shit over your videos. Thanks for making them!