WPBL (Bonus Ball) - Hohmann 60 Ball Run on Youtube

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Maybe Nathan will confirm or correct. 3 7/8" is what has been talked about here for quite a few days.

New thread about this. :)

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=322591

I agree, sjm. Here's something I wonder about the captain's choice tiebreakers. Apparently there is a $5,000 prize for the highest such run during the season. I wonder if they have a rule that the captains must spread the choices around so that everyone actually gets a chance at the prize (if enough matches end in ties).

Any perfect run of 30 points in regulation or normal shootout allows the player to keep shooting, so virtually anyone can run balls to beat the record. Its not just sudden death.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Any perfect run of 30 points in regulation or normal shootout allows the player to keep shooting, so virtually anyone can run balls to beat the record. Its not just sudden death.

I did not know that! Thank you.

Last edited:

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, you shouldn't have to have special ball set for this game. Existing balls should be fine....just use the solid and strip and the 8 ball as the bonus ball. As for the pocket...you can easily make some marker to tell you which is white or black pocket (we just place nickle/quarter as market on our pockets)

Been playing this game locally and we just figure it ourselves. Also you can use the straight pool counter to score this game if your room have it available. The game is kinda fun.

Duc.

Or make it real easy (although there would be no special ball set to market) and use the 1-4 balls, 8 ball and 12-15 balls and play like this-

Low = 1 point (purple)
High = 2 points (orange)
8 = 3 points ( bonus ball )

You can still call numbered ball & pocket. And, you actually know what you are shooting at next.

Oh yeah, you wouldn't be able to sell $200 sets of Bonus Balls

To me, that is the only "sharp stick in the eye" so far. You need special balls and it costs the same for 9 solid colored (cheaper to make) balls as it does for a set of 16 solids and stripes. Do the math on that one!

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I like the special set. It reinforces the idea that this is something different.
It ties in nicely to have a whole 3-part color scheme for the logos, stadium, etc.
And ultimately it's less confusing, though I do feel for those having issues with color blindness.

Nobody will ask "are they playing 8 or 9 ball?" if they happen to walk by it on TV.
But a few might ask "wow, what's this" when they see the unique ball set.
And nobody will ask whether anything has to be shot in order or what the numbers mean, if there are no numbers.

Casual players can use stripes'n'solids to play in their local room, nobody's forced to buy the custom set.
And honestly I'd be surprised if they sell many.

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Still dont know the rules, but then if this gets on TV, neither will most that see it for the first time. You will need to find a way to show the audience what is the object here. If you could maybe show which ball will be shot into which pocket both currently and next, in a subtle manner but yet is clear, then it becomes much easier for the viewer to see the difficulty that lies ahead. In the Hohmann run, I didnt have a clue which pocket he was suppose to shoot at, so seeing him come with the bank and go three rails, or slice that black ball up table was nice but only as an after shot feeling.

You know how the NFL has those in game graphics which show the first down marker and which down it is? Bonus balls needs something similar, if only to show in between shots where the player plans to play this ball and try to shoot the next one.

JJ is fantastic, he is a keeper for sure.

I vote thumbs up on the girls and the jerseys too. I like the whole team dynamics, and it will be the characters in the sport that propel layman interest, as long as they can first get past the hurdle of understanding the unknown. Most people quit early and often if they feel like they do not understand what is going on.

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
. If you could maybe show which ball will be shot into which pocket both currently and next. In the Hohmann run, I didnt have a clue which pocket he was suppose to shoot at.

The pockets are marked. White jerseys shoots into white pockets, black jerseys shoot into black pockets.

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well, I gotta say I really like it. the game is certainly for real, great players, drama, great set, good lighting.. it took me a while to figure out why the color kept changing, good idea there. real good video quality for the internet, maybe as good as any.
I agree with the majority, loose the girls. I like girls don't get me wrong but the show is strong, make it real. White gloves always. team jerseys. yeah. I like number 14.
I wish you all the best
question: how did you come up with this game? It is so completly different and has all the qualities to...
steven

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Better production this time than the first one I saw. Clear improvement on the hookers that were chosen to spot balls, but still could be upgraded.:thumbup:

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Better production this time than the first one I saw. Clear improvement on the hookers that were chosen to spot balls, but still could be upgraded.:thumbup:

The new zoomed out top camera helped a lot with the women. At least you could see their faces and not just those hideous shoes that women wear because they think men dig 6" heels and/or 2" platforms...lol

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they need to tell the commentary guys to stop talking when lee is announcing the next match. they are just talking over one another. Steve still needs to go and take the girls with him.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they need to tell the commentary guys to stop talking when lee is announcing the next match. they are just talking over one another. Steve still needs to go and take the girls with him.

Agree except just upgrade the girl on the left to a new one. I like the one on the right.

I think they should interview them and give them a line at the beginning when each player has a line every now and then. Awesome stream, guys!

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Ok I watched the whole thing over a few days. It reminds me of roller Derby, but they need a woman on each team.

Sent from my Bunker, under the dome of silence using Tapatalk 2