Win Kamui Gifts on this thread only! “20 Questions with Kamui”

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Dear All,

I would personally like to thank Kamui for supporting POV Pool and the pool industry over the years and with promotions like these. Post your questions here for John Bertone and Kamui! 5 lucky questions will receive a ‘special gift’ from Kamui! Kamui gift winners will be announced at the time we read your winning question on the live stream.

Please join POV Pool’s live stream of The Hard Times 10-Ball Tournament (July 11th-13th), and be sure to watch: “20 Questions with Kamui”. Taking place throughout the afternoon in short segments, this will be an on-camera interview with John Bertone of Kamui Products, serving the U.S. and Canada.

Please be courteous and thoughtful to each other:
Do you have questions about Kamui tips? (i.e. Why the clear tip? What does Kamui do different to create their tips?) Do you have questions about Kamui chalk? (i.e. What’s the difference between .98 and 1.21? How often do I need to chalk the cue?) If you’re curious about Kamui, submit your questions and John Bertone will do his best to answer them for you. John will also put to rest, many frequently asked questions like, “How do I find a certified ‘Kamui’ Installer?”, “How can I be sure my Kamui Tip is authentic?”

PLEASE NOTE:
- Please do not submit one-million questions! Give others a chance to ask good questions. Try asking just 2 or 3.
- Canada and International winners outside the US are responsible for shipping and handling charges.
- Some of your questions, will be answered and used from this thread and we are sorry in advance that not ALL will be winners.

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe it would be nice to have Kamui tips available in a 13mm size. Seems like a lot of waste to cut a 14mm down to 12-12.75mm.

Would it compromise the process and quality to retool and make 13mm tips?

Rick

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not any waste that vmatters

I believe it would be nice to have Kamui tips available in a 13mm size. Seems like a lot of waste to cut a 14mm down to 12-12.75mm.

Would it compromise the process and quality to retool and make 13mm tips?

Rick

Beside it is alot harder to center the smaller tip onto the shaft and us cuemaker's like to trim the 14 mm tip to the shaft.

THE MONTREALER

THE MONTREALER
Silver Member
Beside it is alot harder to center the smaller tip onto the shaft and us cuemaker's like to trim the 14 mm tip to the shaft.

HI Does Kamui make Snooker Tips 10 mm as i play snooker and i live in Montreal Quebec Canada. Any Suppliers or Dealers in Canada where i can purchase them

Cheers Leonard

carolina_8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does humidity effect your tip and which tip (ss,s,m,h) should you use in humid climates.

Thanks a lot,

Pearlnick

Registered
Whats the best way to care for a tip? How often should I shape, pick, and scuff it? How can I tell when it's time to replace the tip?

Thanks for everything you do Daniel. Keep the streams coming!

Last edited:

troyobrien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats the best method for shaping a Kamui tip? And what is the best alternative to a gator grip for scuffing? Thanks.

speedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the hardness scale used to measure Kamui tips? On that scale, what is the hardness of the various Kamui tips now available?

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Soft ior Hard Tip

I like to spin the ball,in One Pocket.

Does the Kamui Clear come in Hard and Soft tips?

Which would be best for putting on lots of spin.

Thanks, BarneyCalip

edwu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which Kamui tip would you prefer to use? What makes kamui chalk worth $30 a piece?

Thanks in advance!