pj <- but I'm still righ

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you not think that Busti pivots?

Absolutely not. He does the same thing a friend of mine does -- cues low and to the left on the CB while practice stroking, then hits the cb wherever he intends to strike it, whether dead center, low, top, right or left. He says he likes for the cue stick to be out of his aim/sight line for the shot. I've tried it and it's really not difficult to do. If you already know where that final aim or stroke is going to be, your body and bridge hand is already set/aligned for it....anything you do with your cue prior to that final stroke won't change the aim.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely not. He does the same thing a friend of mine does -- cues low and to the left on the CB while practice stroking, then hits the cb wherever he intends to strike it, whether dead center, low, top, right or left. He says he likes for the cue stick to be out of his aim/sight line for the shot. I've tried it and it's really not difficult to do. If you already know where that final aim or stroke is going to be, your body and bridge hand is already set/aligned for it....anything you do with your cue prior to that final stroke won't change the aim.

But hey, the cue is technically still pivoting, right?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow, i guess you just don't want to call it a wall......oops i meant call it a pivot.
Exactly what would you call the action of taking the cue from low left to say center cue ball.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd certainly say so unless someone has a better name for it.

Very few people line up the cue perfectly straight on the shot line and then get down to shoot so I'd say most people "pivot" the cue at some point in the process. Whether that has anything at all to do with aiming is a different question.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very few people line up the cue perfectly straight on the shot line and then get down to shoot so I'd say most people "pivot" the cue at some point in the process. Whether that has anything at all to do with aiming is a different question.

I don't disagree with this but i certainly disagree with what Brian posted.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, i guess you just don't want to call it a wall......oops i meant call it a pivot.
Exactly what would you call the action of taking the cue from low left to say center cue ball.

Of course backhand style pivoting for english is pivoting. I do that quite often, pivot left or right for spin, but not as some final step to determine the aim line for a shot, which is what you are insinuating about Busta, that his cueing low left is some sort of pivot aiming method...lol. Like I said, my buddy does the same thing, along with a couple of great players from a few years back that aren't with us anymore....Jack Dunbar and Bruce Polly...and they were contact point shooters, not pivot aimers.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course backhand style pivoting for english is pivoting. I do that quite often, pivot left or right for spin, but not as some final step to determine the aim line for a shot, which is what you are insinuating about Busta, that his cueing low left is some sort of pivot aiming method...lol. Like I said, my buddy does the same thing, along with a couple of great players from a few years back that aren't with us anymore....Jack Dunbar and Bruce Polly...and they were contact point shooters, not pivot aimers.

No No No i'm calling bullshit here. I clearly stated that i was not insinuating it was for an aiming system. But it is definitely pivoting. When you cue low left the only way for the cue tip to get to center is to pivot. It can't be that hard to admit that.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
No No No i'm calling bullshit here. I clearly stated that i was not insinuating it was for an aiming system. But it is definitely pivoting. When you cue low left the only way for the cue tip to get to center is to pivot. It can't be that hard to admit that.

Ok. Not hard to admit, when you cue low left or right or whatever.

Last edited: