2009 Virginia State 9 ball Championships

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
Hello all! It's that time of year again. It's hard to believe that this is the 6th VA State Championships. There is a big change for this year’s event. Diamond Billiards in Midlothian Virginia will be hosting the State Tournament for 2009. I would like to think Inside Pool Magazine and Thomas and Cindy Dorsey for being the title sponsor’s this year. Inside Pool is putting up the U.S. Open entry fee as well issues of the magazine for those in attendance at the event. Diamond Billiards is putting in additional funds to help make this year’s event bigger than ever.

Also, I am cooking up something special for this year’s event. Trust me players, this year will be well worth the trip to Richmond!

I look forward to seeing lots of old friends and faithful players to the event and can't wait to meet some new friends.

If you know of any poolroom who is interested in holding a qualifier for the event, have them get in touch with me.

Remember, there are only 64 spots available and people are already on the list. Sign up soon!

Keep in touch and I will see you all soon enough.

Joshua M. Dickerson
Tournament Director/ Promoter

Last edited:

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all! It's that time of year again. It's hard to believe that this is the 6th VA State Championships. There is a big change for this year’s event. Diamond Billiards in Midlothian Virginia will be hosting the State Tournament for 2009. I would like to think Inside Pool Magazine and Thomas and Cindy Dorsey for being the title sponsor’s this year. Inside Pool is putting up the U.S. Open entry fee as well issues of the magazine for those in attendance at the event. Diamond Billiards is putting in additional funds to help make this year’s event bigger than ever.

Also, I am cooking up something special for this year’s event. Trust me players, this year will be well worth the trip to Richmond!

I look forward to seeing lots of old friends and faithful players to the event and can't wait to meet some new friends.

If you know of any poolroom who is interested in holding a qualifier for the event, have them get in touch with me.

Remember, there are only 64 spots available and people are already on the list. Sign up soon!

Joshua M. Dickerson

GEE MAYOR. can i come down and play. pretty please. just tell everybody i live in your basement.....lolol..see you in October.............mike

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
Things are heating up!

Hello everyone! Just a heads up. We have been ready for sign ups for the 2009 VA State 9 Ball Championships for a week now and the response has been overwhelming! I have already received several confirmations from returning and new players.

This year is also ramping up to be the biggest year for qualifiers we have ever had. More details to follow when they are all set up.

I encourage everyone to get their entry fee in soon as the list is growing.

Thanks again for your support and I will see you all soon!

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
Update!

Ok Gang! Things are really heating up. I have been receiving phone calls from around the state, from Roanoke to the Beach; people saying they are coming to play in the tournament as a repeat player and others for the first time.

It is great news to hear that we are getting new folks to show up every year.

If you have not sent in your entry fee, you need to do so very soon.

Also, there is a rumor going around that 2 of the best shooters that not a person has seen shoot in years might make appearances in this year's tournament.

Make plans to be part of this year's VA State 9 Ball Championships!

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
BIG Announcement for this year's State Tournament

OK Guys, this is a BIG Announcement for the 2009 VA State 9 Ball Championships! Diamond Billiards, the poolroom which is hosting the event this year, has informed me that if we have a Minimum of 48 Players they will add another $600 to send an additional person to the 2009 US Open 9 Ball Championships! There are still spots open and we are not at 48 yet.

Put the word out that there is a possibility that there is a 2nd chance to get to the Open via the VA State 9 Ball Championships. There are 10 days before this years event, if you have not signed up for the event, you better do so soon!

1 technical point: Inadvertantly omitted from the flyer, was the mention of the green fee- there will be a $10 green fee taken for the event.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member

Joshua M. Dickerson
I WILL SEE YA THERE.ITS A VERY WELL ORGANIZED PLACE TO PLAY.
THANKS,
BOBBY CHAMBERLAIN:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
any news ?

Just curious how Cary Dunn made out , he talked to me about playing
in that event when he was here .

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
Congrats to Brandon Shuff, our new VA State Champion

I wish to extend my heartfelt congrats to Brandon Shuff who played brilliant pool all weekend to fulfill his quest to become the VA State 9 Ball Champion! I would also like to congratulate John Newton on a great 2nd place finish! Finally, I was greatly impressed with the 3rd place finish by 17 year old Chris Bruner! The composure and ability he showed during the course of the event shows the heart of a future state champion. Diamond Billiards felt the same way and wanted to send Chris to the US Open as well. So, this years event will send 3 remarkable channels to the US Open!

I would like to thank the following people for helping make this year's event possible.

Brian Keller: The trophies, the refereeing of the matches & the article. You da man!

Kevin Usery: All the videography and the software.

Rob Marshall: The Photography. Great work.

Jim Joyner: The Apperal

Amy: Keeping me moving along.

Barry Behrman & Buddy: Thanks for stopping in, showing your support, the kind words and the counsel.

This is just the beginning of State Championships for me. It is time to branch out into other disciplines.

Be looking out over the next few weeks about some other events!

Thanks again for all those who played this year and I hope to see you all again at a future event or next year's VA State 9 Ball championships!

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wish to extend my heartfelt congrats to Brandon Shuff who played brilliant pool all weekend to fulfill his quest to become the VA State 9 Ball Champion! I would also like to congratulate John Newton on a great 2nd place finish! Finally, I was greatly impressed with the 3rd place finish by 17 year old Chris Bruner! The composure and ability he showed during the course of the event shows the heart of a future state champion. Diamond Billiards felt the same way and wanted to send Chris to the US Open as well. So, this years event will send 3 remarkable channels to the US Open!

I would like to thank the following people for helping make this year's event possible.

Brian Keller: The trophies, the refereeing of the matches & the article. You da man!

Kevin Usery: All the videography and the software.

Rob Marshall: The Photography. Great work.

Jim Joyner: The Apperal

Amy: Keeping me moving along.

Barry Behrman & Buddy: Thanks for stopping in, showing your support, the kind words and the counsel.

This is just the beginning of State Championships for me. It is time to branch out into other disciplines.

Be looking out over the next few weeks about some other events!

Thanks again for all those who played this year and I hope to see you all again at a future event or next year's VA State 9 Ball championships!

Thank YOU! It was a great event and I look forward to playing again next year.