Warning to video producers, ADREV and the death of forcefollow.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
The only reason why I am posting this is for the sake of others who are trying to use Youtube as a way to promote their content.

My youtube channel "forcefollow" had 8100 subscribers and over 8 million views. Off and on I have had to deal with click bombs, character assassination attempts and other nonsense that people dream up. My adsense account was dropped twice for reasons I still do not understand. Recently I was approached by a company named Adrev to restore my channel as a partner. Bad move!!! They ended up claiming ownership of my videos.

I am at fault for this partially. I didn't do enough research on them. They are fraudulent. They tried to lay claim to all of my content. I would have just left it for the benefit of players who have benefited from them, but I did not want the name of my favorite charity to be attached to these scumbags. Over the past 5 years I have thrown in a brief plug for St. Jude's Childrens Research Hospital. This is too good of a charity for them to be associated with these now tainted videos.

I have all of my content on a channel called CueStudent. The first sign of any nonsense on this channel I will cancel it as well.

To the 2 lurkers on this board that have worked to screw me I have good news for you, THE CHANNEL IS DEAD. All the money I ever realized from the videos went back in to the equipment that made it better over the last 3 years. In fact I am very much in the red for it.

In other news my after school program is dead thanks to budget cuts.

I would like to thank everyone on this board who have helped me with both projects there are more than I can list.

If you are looking for good news you will not find it on this thread.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported me.

God Bless,
Marcus

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
That's truly crappy news. I've watched several of your videos, never realized you were the one behind it. How do you know 2 lurkers on the board are involved? Ever reach an actual human at google/youtube to try to straighten this out?

Best of luck with the new channel. You'll want to update your signature line.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I'll watch your videos on CueStudent...and keep an eye out for Adrev.

You've done great stuff and I hope this doesn't discourage you from doing more.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
That's truly crappy news. I've watched several of your videos, never realized you were the one behind it. How do you know 2 lurkers on the board are involved? Ever reach an actual human at google/youtube to try to straighten this out?

Best of luck with the new channel. You'll want to update your signature line.
Believe me I know. Long twisted story I would rather not rehash.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Maybe you could explain it a little further Marcus.

I don't understand what Adsense is and why they could close down your channel when all the material in your videos belongs to you.

Were you able to wipe out your videos on your channel so they are no use to AdRev?

With the video posted, obviously scammers. I doubt they will go too far before they are shut down themselves.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Maybe you could explain it a little further Marcus.

I don't understand what Adsense is and why they could close down your channel when all the material in your videos belongs to you.

Were you able to wipe out your videos on your channel so they are no use to AdRev?

With the video posted, obviously scammers. I doubt they will go too far before they are shut down themselves.
I have no confidence in Google's willingness to resolve this matter for a peon like me. Adsense is googles advertisement revenue service. Adsense is how you make money from youtube. I wiped out all of my videos on forcefollow so they are no further use to Adrev. I do not want my name connected with virus filled links. Like most things in this world great things like youtube are taken and twisted by really horrible people. :(

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Marcus...Keebie just called me and told me about this BS! :mad: I can just imagine how angry you are over this. You put so much work into it, which was backed up by the positive feedback and the extraordinary numbers of views! Sorry to hear about this, and I will do anything I can to help steer players to your new site. Really sorry to hear about the after school program. You did wonders with those kids...and I could tell they were very appreciative. If you can, email me with what kind of budget you need to keep it going. Maybe AzB can put together a fund that will cover it. You have MANY supporters here, and all of us want to see your program continue to benefit your students! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

terminal_288

@terminal_288
Silver Member
That sucks. I have to say I rather enjoyed watching many of your videos. Hope things get better.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This is really crappy news. You have been and will continue to be one of the brightest lights on the net promoting pool and how to play pool. You're right when you say Google/YouTube is broken in how they handle claims. They must have millions of claims a day but they should have a better way to insure that the little guy, the ones who provide 99% of the content, isn't screwed.

It's amazing how much of ourselves we put into "the cloud" and when something goes wrong then we are left with nothing and no recourse.

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sucks, I liked to watch your videos when I'm in a slump to help me get back to the basics. Good luck to you and thanks for the great videos!

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Marcus,
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this *rap. I started playing pool just over two years ago. Your Forcefollow youtube videos were one of the first resources I came across and they have significantly shortened my learning curve. I really appreciate all the effort you put into those videos and just wanted to say, "Thank you".
Steve

javi2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that Marcus,
I've enjoyed your videos also...I made a set of pocket reducers as shown in one of your videos and they turned out nice. Thanks, hope thing work out.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Thanks Marcus. In asking questions, I forgot to mention that I was sorry to hear about the BS they put you thru.

I too am another that enjoys roaming thru your teaching vids.

Cue Student is now Book Marked and looks just fine. Unless they dick you around, then you are good to go. Just make sure that everyone on AZ knows the new link.

Is there any way to start with a new username and put your material back on UTube if this one shouldn't pan out?

Anyway, people usually get whats coming to them, both good and bad and I don't see much future in AdRev.

emf123

Up the Irons!!!
Silver Member
Marcus,

Thanks for your work. The follow drill with high, inside English is one of my favorites. You're definitely one of the good guys.

Eric

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe AzB can put together a fund that will cover it. You have MANY supporters here, and all of us want to see your program continue to benefit your students! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Marcus. You are a classy person. I enjoyed your instructional vids. Hope somehow you will continue doing them. What can we do to help you out?

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
Marcus. You are a classy person. I enjoyed your instructional vids. Hope somehow you will continue doing them. What can we do to help you out?

Tap tap tap! You're one of my favorite YouTube channels.

Obviously, I will be subscribing to your new CueStudent channel and I'll try to bring some awareness to the change. I don't have a lot of followers, but I'll do my best.

And of course, this is a good chance for all of us to go through the library, watch these great videos, remember what we learned before, and maybe even see a few videos that we missed before.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help, either with the new channel or the other program.

-Blake

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Sounds like Google/U-Tube Strikes again !!

Marcus,

I don't know you here on AZ, But I have viewed many of your You Tube Videos. (The one about the incredibly thin cut-shot made me insanely jealous BTW )
I forget whether you said you had 8 million viewers , or 8 mil hits. Either way,..........That's a lot! I bet google just wanted your acc't just for links to those 8 million. MOF, I would bet the farm on it.
Sorry this happened to you.
:mad: at You Tube/Google now.