My Snooker Table needs covered, any help?

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a "new to me" Brunswick 6-leg Arcade Snooker table that needs covering.

I'm gonna start practicing Snooker & GOLF (with pool balls)

What kind of cloth do I need.

My cushions need replaced & the table needs covered.

Last edited:

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member

Any ideas....?

This Photo is from the internet, but just like my table (except mine is a Snooker table)

I don't have any info to offer... maybe RealKingCobra could help.

I just wanted to say congrats... that table is absolutely beautiful!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Those parts are for UK Snooker Tables, America has different cushions.

The picture is from the internet & is a Pool Table. I was referencing the table style, not necessarily the actual table.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Any ideas....?

This Photo is from the internet, but just like my table (except mine is a Snooker table)

You need to check your info, that may have been a snooker table at one time....but what's in the picture is not a snooker table.

vacation

Living Good.
Silver Member

Any ideas....?

Contact acesinc1999 on here. He's in Illinois, but I bet he'd have some good insight for ya.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 10 ft Victor that was originally a snooker table. It has K66 cushion profiles and so once I realized you can only play just so damn much snooker when you are truly a fan of 1 pocket and 14.1, and the fact that my 50 year old cushions needed replacing anyway, I pulled the rails, replaced the table colth with simonis 860hr, put new k66 on it, and then recut the pocket angles for pool. I enjoy the table so much more for pool than I did snooker.

However, your question was cloth, and so Simonis actually sells a snooker cloth, 4000 I believe is the number. The Stracham stuff they use in the UK is probably a big difference for a pool player I would think. Also, the balls are different for American Snooker than UK Snooker. Americans generally play on 10 ft tables with 2 1/8 balls, while the UK plays on 12 ft tables with 2 1/16 balls.

You can play with 2 1/4 pool balls on the table with snooker bends but you won't like it. It will not do much for your over all skills because you have to play the table and generally learn certainb pocket speeds from certain angles, rail shots rarely go at more than pocket speed, etc,,,, these were just my thoughts looking back. If I had to do it again, I'd have modded mine for pool initially instead of playing snooker for 2 years.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the Brunswick 10 ft Arcade in question, it is a Snooker Table & has Snooker table rails. The cushions are hardened & need replaced. The bed cloth is also gone.

I have Pool Table setting next to it, for my Pool shooting Practice. I want this Snooker Table to practice GOLF on a Snooker Table (Banking, 1, 2, 3,4 railers).

We play all the time on a Kling Snooker Table, so this Arcade will be for my practice.& learning.

Sorry for the half-assed post, did not mean to confuse...

Attachments

• Arcade in work.jpg
    Arcade in work.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 233

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the Brunswick 10 ft Arcade in question, it is a Snooker Table & has Snooker table rails. The cushions are hardened & need replaced. The bed cloth is also gone.

I have Pool Table setting next to it, for my Pool shooting Practice. I want this Snooker Table to practice GOLF on a Snooker Table (Banking, 1, 2, 3,4 railers).

We play all the time on a Kling Snooker Table, so this Arcade will be for my practice.& learning.

Sorry for the half-assed post, did not mean to confuse...
Hey Charlie, what do you have against Jack Shurtz? He's done more than a few of these over the years. Everybody *****es about the golf table at Magoos. What they don't realize is that table has 3cushion cloth on it and ANY little flaw shows up as a roll-off. Plus the building slopes from front-to-back. Call BilliardRestorationService in ClayCenter,Ks. if you want it done perfect.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks a bunch... I do know Jack & Eva. They would be my first pick, but Jack is scheduled way out there...