Spanish Translation needed

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a book that needs translated... have cash or BreakRAK & cash...

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know one of the best in his field for Spanish translation.
He lives in Arizona.

Go private and provide your contact info and I will pass along.

boogeyman

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I've got a French PDF I'd like translated into English if anyone can do it message me

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A word of warning to anyone who wants to get a billiard book/text/ad translated.... There are lots of examples of translations by people who are fluent in both languages but are unfamiliar with pool/carom/snooker terms. The results are almost as amusing as some of the almost-translated instructions/warnings on products you may have purchased.

I have a rather famous billiard book that was translated into "English". It is easier for me to understand the French translation, in spite of the fact that the English grammar is more or less correct -- it's the words that are all wrong.

madmex148

Registered
Translating

I have done some translating in my day. If it's a pool related book, my experience in translating as well as in pool might make it something right up my alley... Send me some contact info and we can chat about it if you're still looking for someone.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I work with a group of Spanish translators from Puerto Rico, Spain, and Mexico. Send the details and your offer, I'll confirm with them, they can have it done this week.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I work with a group of Spanish translators from Puerto Rico, Spain, and Mexico. Send the details and your offer, I'll confirm with them, they can have it done this week.

I don't know anything about translating but how can you promise that without knowing the size of the book? They do it all with scanning? which when i was working wasn't worth a crap.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A word of warning to anyone who wants to get a billiard book/text/ad translated.... There are lots of examples of translations by people who are fluent in both languages but are unfamiliar with pool/carom/snooker terms. The results are almost as amusing as some of the almost-translated instructions/warnings on products you may have purchased.

I have a rather famous billiard book that was translated into "English". It is easier for me to understand the French translation, in spite of the fact that the English grammar is more or less correct -- it's the words that are all wrong.

The funniest things are rooted in truth.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I don't know anything about translating but how can you promise that without knowing the size of the book? They do it all with scanning? which when i was working wasn't worth a crap.

Sorry, I misread it as "booklet" and presumed it was small. If it is large, may take longer. Everyone is bilingual and I can help with the billiards lexicon

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Translations?....what could possibly go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao

icucybe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many pages? Spanish is my main language (Puerto Rico), and I am a pool player. Shoot me a PM if interested.

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
please find someone who actually plays pool in both an english speaking country and spanish speaking country.

English in spanish = effecto not ingles!

haha - jaja

Cue - Taco (not the one you eat)

draw is not "dibuja la bola blanca" as google would have you believe
"https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-ab&ei=fjFqWs-TGIzfzwKphZfQCw&q=how+do+you+say+draw+the+cue+ball+in+spanish&oq=how+do+you+say+draw+the+cue+ball+in+spanish&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30k1.18330.26529.0.26686.63.49.9.0.0.0.178.4690.26j21.47.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..7.56.4728...0j35i39k1j0i67k1j0i131i20i264k1j0i20i263i264k1j0i3k1j0i131k1j0i20i263k1j0i20i264k1j0i10k1j0i13k1j0i22i30k1.0.pSfDK0FyQhI"

im sure there are plenty more etc...

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

PM sent. I know a person in the Billiard media industry that has done Spanish translation for certain events and publications.

West Texan

Registered
Funny that y'all bring this up. Saturday was playing in a tournament and some of my friends were talking in Spanish. I asked them how to say "rack the balls" in Spanish. They couldn't give me an answer and were looking it up on google. The best I got was comoda las bolas. Then I had to ask at the next place to make sure they didn't tell me something that would really get me in trouble...lol. Even then, the next guy said it wasn't exact but he got the point.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I once read 'English is the easiest language in the world to speak poorly' and have never forgotten that ...