North Demon Cue My new studio.

north_demon_cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few friends gave me a message, they were curious about my studio.
In fact, this is my third studio, it has never been public.
But when I chatted with Bill Stroud a few days ago, I thought about it when I started learning to make cues.I have found a lot of cue maker studio photos from AZ.I found a lot of details from it.So I decided to introduce my studio to everyone.
I have always been working alone in my second studio.However, in recent years, I feel that the efficiency is not good, and the production speed is too slow.So in 2018 I received an apprenticeship.And with the support of friends, created a third studio.With an assistant and more custom machines, my efficiency has improved.
(The following is the equipment of my studio, for reference to interested friends.)

4-axis cnc

3-axis cnc engraving machine.

4-axis engraving machine.

Turret milling machine

Cnc lathe

Cnc lathe~Only process shaft.

CQ6232 lathe

Bandsaw

Rocker saw

Attachments

• QQ圖片20190716153844.jpg
    QQ圖片20190716153844.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 622
  • QQ圖片20190715185300.jpg
    QQ圖片20190715185300.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 632
  • QQ圖片20190715185632.jpg
    QQ圖片20190715185632.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 626
  • QQ圖片20190716140057.jpg
    QQ圖片20190716140057.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 638
Last edited:

bstroud

Deceased
Cheng Yong,

Immaculate studio. Reminds me of the one I had in Austin, TX.

What the pics don't show is all the time and effort required to learn to design for and program all the CNC machines that make Quality work possible.

I know I spent many all-nighters learning the software and then went to my day job making cues. I am sure you have had the same experience.

Keep up the good work.

Bill Stroud

octy81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your shop is awesome , I wanted to ask a question , I saw a cue you mad that a had a Damascus pin , do you make those or do you have someone else and can they be made into a radial pin ? Or the anodized titanium pin you used in the 10th anniversary cue , I'm having a cue made and would really like some info on those pins

Last edited:

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Well, that explains the clean work you do!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Larry

north_demon_cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your shop is awesome , I wanted to ask a question , I saw a cue you mad that a had a Damascus pin , do you make those or do you have someone else and can they be made into a radial pin ? Or the anodized titanium pin you used in the 10th anniversary cue , I'm having a cue made and would really like some info on those pins

Hi,
These pins are made by myself and I don't know if anyone else is making it.
But I only make it occasionally, I only use them when making special cues.
Generally I only use stainless steel pins, as shown in the bottom picture.
I also have no plans to sell them separately.
Sorry.

Cheng Yong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-27-12-21-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-04-27-12-21-49.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 472
  • mmexport1555679874072.jpg
    mmexport1555679874072.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 463
  • mmexport1562674116714.jpg
    mmexport1562674116714.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome shop. Really well organized and a lot of really nice equipment. Quite an investment, really. Are there any Chinese cuemakers making a solid name for themselves in the US? Seems like the cues are way undervalued for the quality of those actually building cues properly like yourself. I wonder if the history of knock-offs and mass produced sticks with ramin shafts that are turned while green, etc. is holding things back.

octy81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,
These pins are made by myself and I don't know if anyone else is making it.
But I only make it occasionally, I only use them when making special cues.
Generally I only use stainless steel pins, as shown in the bottom picture.
I also have no plans to sell them separately.
Sorry.

Cheng Yong.

Man those look really nice , sucks for me , it would be a nice piece to add to the cue I'm having made , thanks anyway , but if you do change your mind plzzz hit me up 👍👍👍

north_demon_cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheng Yong,

Immaculate studio. Reminds me of the one I had in Austin, TX.

What the pics don't show is all the time and effort required to learn to design for and program all the CNC machines that make Quality work possible.

I know I spent many all-nighters learning the software and then went to my day job making cues. I am sure you have had the same experience.

Keep up the good work.

Bill Stroud

Hi,Bill
Yes.Learning control software and operating various types of machines does take a lot of time.Many details need to be verified in practice.
But when I was still in the first studio, I was already very skilled in these techniques.
When I set up a second studio. I think the hardest part is to modify and adjust the machine and power distribution.
In order to make these machines suitable for making cues, I made a lot of modifications. Even I made a lot of accessories.
I am almost alone in accomplishing these things, so I think this part is the hardest.
I spent a lot of effort on this.
It's finished now. Looking at it, I really feel full of joy and accomplishment.
This is really a happy thing for me.

Cheng Yong

Last edited:

bstroud

Deceased
Cheng Yong,

It is the same with the machines in the US.
Everything need modification to work on cues.
Takes a lot of time and engineering. Fun though.

I have moved my studio many times and it seems like it takes forever to get it back in working order and while you are doing that you are not making cues.
Always worth it in the end.

Hope you have found a permanent location and don't need to do it again.

Bill Stroud